Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozarib View Post
    it should be as the instructions suggested, it was there for me, but im using 1.8.1 atm
    probably i dont get it 'cause of my patch. is it near the spawn? i explored a bit in both direcction by the shore and found nothing

sheep?

i got this!
    Hah lol both me and my friend had sheep, guess you had all pigs ;D secondly theres a huge valley if you look around and find a big mountain. Apparently theres some good cave networks there my friend said.

Quote Originally Posted by Runeweaver View Post
    Hah lol both me and my friend had sheep, guess you had all pigs ;D secondly theres a huge valley if you look around and find a big mountain. Apparently theres some good cave networks there my friend said.
    at least there's no shortage of food from them there pigs!

I found some interesting ones:

"Heaven and Hell" spawns you on a very small island in a giant ocean, the nearest landmass is 1.5km East, 2km+ in every other direction.

"Morrowind" spawns you on a good sized island, and 2 other islands close by, one is a desert island the other a prairie that is pretty flat., after that the nearest land mass is pretty far away. It's a very good map for making a island town or a place isolated from the outside. Sadly, no villages or strongholds are near the areas.

"Seed" spawns you in a good lake/river area with mountains and coves around you.

Make sure you capitalize what should be.
    Last edited by Lilyania; 2011-10-07 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While fiddling with mods and creating test worlds to check settings with, I apparently randomed my way into two pretty interesting seeds. I'll have to edit in the numbers when I get home, but I can provide basic descriptions now.

The first one I've termed "Waterworld" (no, that's not the seed name, at least not as far as I'm aware.) I spawned right in the middle of a giant ocean - just dumped right on in. Relatively close by there was a small patch of sand above water level. I swam around quite a distance in a general northwest direction and found very little. There were a few tiny islands with high grass on them, and some flowers, but no trees. If not for the utter lack of trees, it'd be a pretty sweet place to start. I might just give myself some saplings and bone dust and go from there.

The second one was pretty cool. I spawned in the middle of what I'm assuming is a swamp biome (lots of vines on trees, some trees in water, etc) with several nearby lava springs, as well as nearby streams. It's bordered by a large desert biome. The desert biome also has some lava springs. It also has a very large, very deep circular lake - but this might be the effects of the Floating Ruins mod I have installed. Digging near the lava springs in the desert biome revealed an underground ravine with lots of coal and iron. Exploring further revealed a massive abandoned mineshaft area, which included several chests, heaps of iron, coal, and gold, and at least one attached dungeon. I haven't finished exploring it yet.

There is a pine forest biome bordering the desert biome, and I found the entrance to a waterfall cave not far inside.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    Were you on peaceful?
    I've starved to death numerous times starting a new map on hard.
    peacefull -> no starve
    easy -> hunger takes you to 1/2 total health
    normal -> hunger takes you yo 0.5 hearts
    hard -> hunger kills you.

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 04:12 PM ----------

That's the one that puts you in lava isnt it? think someone posted that one. its nasty
    lol so testing this out tonight and how much lava? a small lake with water nearby or like nether sized lava pool with no hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    peacefull -> no starve
    easy -> hunger takes you to 1/2 total health
    normal -> hunger takes you yo 0.5 hearts
    hard -> hunger kills you.

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 04:12 PM ----------

lol so testing this out tonight and how much lava? a small lake with water nearby or like nether sized lava pool with no hope?
    more of a pond

pineapple spawns you between a forest and mountain biome, with a surface lava pool not far into the Forest. Just look for the forest fire that breaks out as soon as the world is generated, you can't miss it.

Also watch your step. There's a lot of caves just below the surface around the lava pool.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    pineapple spawns you between a forest and mountain biome, with a surface lava pool not far into the Forest. Just look for the forest fire that breaks out as soon as the world is generated, you can't miss it.

Also watch your step. There's a lot of caves just below the surface around the lava pool.
    is that on 1.8? because i'm in 1.9 pre3 and i spawn 3 blocks away from those glass pillars indicating a stronghold

Alright...but what if you wanted to use like the seed Lava or water. IK this would be a terrible idea but wouldn't it be fun? and it would give you experience in like hard core survival

Quote Originally Posted by Xangria View Post
    is that on 1.8? because i'm in 1.9 pre3 and i spawn 3 blocks away from those glass pillars indicating a stronghold
    It is on 1.8.1
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    8675309 (Oldies will recall this as a song title from the 80's by some dude called Tommy Tutone). Has some nice mountain terrain and decent rolling hills, also some canyons with open outcrops of Iron Ore.
    Well that's just typical. Ten minutes before the most important party of my life, and half the house has been destroyed by a giant sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingamajig View Post
    8675309 (Oldies will recall this as a song title from the 80's by some dude called Tommy Tutone). Has some nice mountain terrain and decent rolling hills, also some canyons with open outcrops of Iron Ore.
    Strangest song title I've ever seen :P

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    "godmode" got me a massive mountain with a HUGE cave system running through it. Around the spawn point is a waterfall, a lavafall (right next to the waterfall), and sugarcane. Basicly everything you need in the game is right there. Easily the best biome I've ever found, and very characteristic of its name.
    Quote Originally Posted by tremors
    Divine Shield.. Never really stood the hole point of the "oh look at me im in a shiny bubble" I mean come on what does that shit even do?! Pointless waist of mana imo.

Got a nice random seed, figured i'd share.

Spawned on a cliff edge, turned around, punched dirt, climbed up and bam, massive cliffs everywhere.

Climbed up the nearest mountain and saw all this.
    Last edited by tielknight; 2011-10-20 at 08:24 AM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

I haven't tried to re-render a terrain using the same seed now that the renderer is different, I should do I guess!

I got a very interesting random gen seed for a creative mode world I thought I'd share. Started on tiny little island, no trees, in the middle of the ocean. It takes 20+ sec of straight flying to find a tree, and that is not even in all directions.

I plan on trying it in survival, but I'm pretty sure it is impossible to win on hard and probably medium. Off to the west you end up running into a swamp biome after a while. In many places underwater you can see lava and swim into caverns, some of them have the abandoned mine-shaft things, though I'm not sure they're a safer alternative for wood than swimming for 1-3 minutes to find other land masses. There are random islands with nothing on them too, it's pretty neat. (: I imagine this would be quite a challenging map to play survival in.

For all you battlestar galactica fans.

Kobol
    is a damn fine seed.

I've starved to death numerous times starting a new map on hard.