Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

MoP QQ Aside, WoW Is Getting More Childish Every Expansion

In Vanilla, all we really had that was really kiddish was Gnomes, and at least they were contrasted by those irradiated guys that forced them out of their city.

In BC we had Blood Elves, which were pretty damn childish (even the way the males stand looks ridiculous), but at least we were still off killing Illidan, and fighting Demons

Along comes Wrath, and we get zombie Warriors, a vastly easier game, and schoolyard games such as ToC 5 jousting, and while ToC 5 jousting was by and far the most child-appealing thing to date in the game, we at least had Arthas as the light at the end of the tunnel, a refreshing throwback to the similar character named "Arthas" from a much older game made by some of the same people called "Warcraft 3"

Cataclysm was a near-breaking point, though, all previous issues pale in comparison to the Worgen race. A race clearly designed to pander the the facebook generation, and fans of the Twilight series. This, however, was not the end; far more childish than even the Worgen, was the GOBLIN race. A race of child-appealing near-humans was discolored skins, and "funny" themes and dialogue, male Goblin NPCs even have a dialogue reference to Jersey Shore.

Mists of Pandaria goes without saying; I didn't make this thread to complain about it, so I won't rant on about how childish it is; but even though it goes without saying...

MoP is the most childish thing I've seen come from Blizzard Entertainment, or Related to World of Warcraft, to date
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    QQ about everything you deem childish in WoW, with a little MoP QQ thrown in at the end
    Must say I'm impressed, this thread didn't at all end up where I suspected from the title.

I presume you will be quitting then? Goodbye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and now we are getting Pokémon in game too, doesn't that make you cry for the poor grown up, mature adults that play?

I'M LOVING IT THOUGH! And I'm like in my mid thirties

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then you've never been to Dalaran's toy store.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yes, and now we are getting Pokémon in game too, doesn't that make you cry for the poor grown up, mature adults that play?

I'M LOVING IT THOUGH! And I'm like in my mid thirties
    Same here.
    It's the bitter nerds that are the most vocal. The rest of us just enjoy the fun of great games

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    Must say I'm impressed, this thread didn't at all end up where I suspected from the title.

I presume you will be quitting then? Goodbye.
    You don't have to like my opinions

I don't have to like MoP

On the topic of things we don't have to do, you don't have to insult me, and imply you want me to unsubscribe, just because we disagree
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while

Deleted
    WoW Is Getting More Childish Every Expansion
    Whats Wrong With That?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not getting more childish, it's just that we're getting older. I've got my second child on the way and a full time a career. That doesn't mean that once my responsibilities are taken care of that I don't like to head off to Azeroth and play some WoW. It's my hobby...some guys my age who are married with kids like to drink, play golf, work on cars, watch football, or are just workaholics who don't ever take any time to enjoy things they like. As for me, I like to shoot Chaos Bolts at monsters with my guildies. I like it, it keeps me young. When you're a dad you have to find some way to stay young. WoW is a time-filler and stress-reliever for me. I take it at my own pace and enjoy it my own way. They can make it as "childish" as they want and I probably won't mind. It's all good fun at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    Same here.
    It's the bitter nerds that are the most vocal. The rest of us just enjoy the fun of great games
    I'd agree. Most people think things need to be exactly they want and take it very seriously. Games are meant to be fun and enjoyment. Yes, some find seriousness fun, but you have to remember not everyone does.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Punky View Post
    Whats Wrong With That?
    I never said that there was anything wrong with it, it's simply an insightful look at Blizzard's design philosophy, and how that effects people on different ends of the consumer spectrum

I've seen this guy make so many posts crying in the past couple of days. Good bye we won't miss you. Hope you had fun with your super adult super manly cows, green men, midgets, elves and wolves pre MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I'd agree. Most people think things need to be exactly they want and take it very seriously. Games are meant to be fun and enjoyment. Yes, some find seriousness fun, but you have to remember not everyone does.
    The less serious it is, the less competitive it becomes

Like it or not, no one would take American Football seriously if the players wore fluffy pink shoulderpads, and the superbowl was hosted by Pandas in a yogurt castle

Maybe WoW isn't getting more childish, your probably just growing up. Aww.

There have always been some stupid and some good pop culture references. They will always be around. They are in A LOT of games.

Why are you complaining about pop culture references?

Also worgen were made for twilight fans, what? Worgen have been in WoW since the beginning, when Twilight wasn't even an idea. Just because they gave Worgen a new look doesn't mean they were trying to reel in the Twilight weirdos. If they really wanted to try and get tween girls to play WoW they would have done a lot more.

If you want super adult mature grimdark play something else, please. What is wrong with a refreshing change? Why do you think MoP will be all kiddie happy fun time? Just because Pandaren are peaceful doesn't mean everything we encounter there will be, and that doesn't mean the Pandaren will stay peaceful. Knowing some of the races in the game they will try to screw up/capitalize on this new land and we'll have to help or stop them from doing it.

In BC we had Blood Elves, which were pretty damn childish
    i remember syphoning power from hellish beings and capturing and enslaving the very essence of what is good in the world to feed my crippling withdrawl to my addictions when i was a child

You're just getting bitter and looking for a reason to move on. No one cares anymore about this "crybaby" threads, just stop playing, stop posting, the community would be better off without you.
    Bleh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    Same here.
    This. It'll be like playing Timesplitters 2 again. Mindless, no holds barred fun.

---------- Post added 2011-10-22 at 03:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Muriko View Post
    You're just getting bitter and looking for a reason to move on. No one cares anymore about this "crybaby" threads, just stop playing, stop posting, the community would be better off without you.
    I like this post. It saved me typing the same thing.

You don't have to like my opinions

I don't have to like MoP

On the topic of things we don't have to do, you don't have to insult me, and imply you want me to unsubscribe, just because we disagree
    So you would subscibe to a game you find childish as you stated, you didn't even "imply" your point you came out and said it was childish. A mature adult would surely stop paying for a game they thought were childish and move on to someother pastime and not look back.

Also I didn't insult you. I might not have been overly polite but that in itself isn't an insult.

This, however, was not the end; far more childish than even the Worgen, was the GOBLIN race. A race of child-appealing near-humans was discolored skins, and "funny" themes and dialogue, male Goblin NPCs even have a dialogue reference to Jersey Shore.

Mists of Pandaria goes without saying; I didn't make this thread to complain about it, so I won't rant on about how childish it is; but even though it goes without saying...

MoP is the most childish thing I've seen come from Blizzard Entertainment, or Related to World of Warcraft, to date
    What the hell?
    Goblins, a race of dirty, self-loving goblins that are obsessed with money and sex are directed toward children?
    I think you're just crying because you can now.

All werewolves are twilight related now too? Please.... save me...

On a side note, I think people just hate the colorful new look.
    Cataclysm introduced TB, which was pretty damn dark.
    And all the war and spikes.
    Some people find that to be more "adult."

Now, I'm someone who enjoys color and peaceful scenes.
    Childish? From what are you basing this on?

Pandas? Because we didn't have cows from the start? Or gnomes?

It's something new.
    And much welcomed by me.

Though, the departure from lore is getting at me...
    I think it's logical though. Not much to work with now except for the seas and the emerald dream.
    Which we'll probably see sometime later.
    Last edited by Seasqwaa; 2011-10-22 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    There have always been some stupid and some good pop culture references. They will always be around. They are in A LOT of games.

Why are you complaining about pop culture references?

Also worgen were made for twilight fans, what? Worgen have been in WoW since the beginning, when Twilight wasn't even an idea. Just because they gave Worgen a new look doesn't mean they were trying to reel in the Twilight weirdos. If they really wanted to try and get tween girls to play WoW they would have done a lot more.

If you want super adult mature grimdark play something else, please. What is wrong with a refreshing change? Why do you think MoP will be all kiddie happy fun time? Just because Pandaren are peaceful doesn't mean everything we encounter there will be, and that doesn't mean the Pandaren will stay peaceful. Knowing some of the races in the game they will try to screw up/capitalize on this new land and we'll have to help or stop them from doing it.
    No where in my OP did I mention, nor complain about pop culture references. To be honest, I don't care about them, because they aren't relevant to Raid Content, or Competitive PvP, only leveling content, and a few Dailies; furthermore, they have been in since the beginning, so I couldn't make a compelling argument on how it was getting progressively more childish, with an argument based around something that's always been there