Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What classes are missing?

A lot of people have complained that the game is only launching with 8 classes but I really thought about it and what star wars class have they missed? atleast when dealing with main line lore I feel like they've hit 'em all (correct me if i'm wrong) I want them to add classes in the future but i also want the additions to feel like star wars and truly make sense. So what classes are missing?

I want an MMO I play to have a support class godamnit. DCUO had a support that healed mana bars and it was AMAZING when done right. I want a buff/support class ffs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Archers, yup
    Sniper....

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I want an MMO I play to have a support class godamnit. DCUO had a support that healed mana bars and it was AMAZING when done right. I want a buff/support class ffs!
    that sounds really boring to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Rift has support classes

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Sniper....
    No, I want a bow!

I do not mean to make people mad with me by saying this, but I think that SWTOR would benefit a lot more from more customisation, more options, choices, features, abilities and all that than by the number of classes.

Die hard SW fans, and maybe those who played KOTOR for a long time, might understand the different classes, their role and all that, but for those who are actually fresh things can seem a bit dull with 'laser guns and laser swords' (the heresy!, I know). I guess having cool looking abilities that are balanced, and having plenty of them to make the classes more apart visually would be quite nice to see, and could add more depth than just newer classes.

Just an opinion though

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe:
    Martial artist (Teräs Käsi for Empire, Echani for republic)
    Engineer (with a pet droid maybe?)

Dont know of another class that would fit the game even after checking the full list of class in the Pen and paper rpg.
    Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    that sounds really boring to be honest.
    The game or the role.. oh wait both are!
    Last edited by DaGhostDS; 2011-12-04 at 05:00 AM.

Yep. Star Wars version of this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Yep. Star Wars version of this.
    That was in SWG, a buffer only if remember and worst "class" ever.
    Entertainer
    http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Entertainer

Who the hell would play a buff only class. You'd have to have some serious mental Illness to enjoy that.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    No, I want a bow!
    Bowcaster

I dont want just a buff class. I want a support class. If I have to explain it any more than that, then you don't understand what I mean.

The class would be boring to people who don't like doing stuff similar to healing. DCUO captured this pretty nicely with mentalist controller. You CC'd, you pulled, you dealt damage, you debuffed, you cleansed and you "healed" mana bars. It was fun and not boring at all.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Rift has support classes
    You missed the part where I wrote "I play".

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    Maybe:
    Martial artist (Teräs Käsi for Empire, Echani for republic)
    Engineer (with a pet droid maybe?)
    Technically, the sniper tree has an engineer tree. it looks fun, but I haven't tried it out. Instead of throwing bombs, like the saboteur, you have droids that attack your enemy (Though, not automated)

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Who the hell would play a buff only class. You'd have to have some serious mental Illness to enjoy that.
    Meh, I loved playing a Bard in FFXI. A new Jedi class with a mastery in "Battle Meditation" would be nice to have as a buff/debuff class. I'd also like to see a proper pet class. It could be an engineer style class that has a variety of droid "pets".

I feel like they should add more races before classes, I really want to play a jedi Wookie or Jawa...

Wookies can be jedi btw, there is a character named Lowbacca, a jedi wookie.

Im not sure about Jawas, but Jawa bounty hunter is a race I want to play so bad.

Not to mention it would also be awesome to play as a hutt.
    Last edited by Markluzz; 2011-12-04 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    That was in SWG, a buffer only if remember and worst "class" ever.
    Entertainer
    http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Entertainer
    If done right, support classes are AMAZING. Bard in FFXI when I played was the most vital part to every leveling group.
    LOLINFRACTED

Wookiee Bowcaster. Raarrrgghghghhgarrrgghhgagggg!!

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing with races that don't speak basic is this:

Obviously you know how important the story is in TOR. So do you really expect people to listen to dialogue as a Wookiee doing nothing but throat gurgles and moans? I would grow so tired of it, really. However, there are plenty of more alien type of races that do in fact speak basic and would make the "only humans as races, wtf BioWare" crowd shut the hell up. I do expect more races in expansions, though. Well, I demand more races.

Support classes have never been for me but I know there are people who would love to play them. I for one would like a martial artist type of class but then you know what would happen, right? "OMG SWTOR STEALING MONKS FROM WOW!" Sigh.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit