Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    Did I say I am going back to WoW?

I said some of my friends did, and I said I did not clear the easiest version, I cleared the normal version. And the normal Version is maybe even easier than the LFR in WoW (when you have good players and we were elitist raiders in WoW before)

http://www.imagebanana.com/view/xpa8uqbr/loleasy.jpg

and here is a first screenshot

And beside that...you guys cried about that you have seen the WoW content after clearing the LFR, didnt you? And now you complain that I say the game is easy because I cleared the 2nd mode in low gear? Really?
    The normal mode version is the easiest version, mate. Normal < Hard < Nightmare.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Post some screenshots, I want to see if the game still looks like someone vomited while using Maya.

Looking around the queues seem to be worst on the west coast PvP servers. I play on Dark Reaper, and if you try and log in anytime between 2-10PM you have a 50+ minute queue. They simply didn't make enough west coast servers .

OT: Why do discussions about the quality of this game always go on about whether or not it will destroy wow? Seriously haven't we gotten over that old chestnut by now?

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Lol so many haters.. its hilarious that they just can't get the fact that its a good game, folks like it..wont be playing what ever precious game THEY think is cool and just HAVE to come post here to make sure we know their butt hurt about it..

Im just glad there is something for them to do now besides bitch about wow. Pretty sad but hey we all have to have hobies
    Last edited by Vexies; 2011-12-18 at 04:26 PM.

i hope more WoW fanboys do go back to WoW, the amount of trolls on general chat is crazy

Let him go! Queues could use some leavers hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    Now, if the fix the queue issue, I think WoW will be in trouble. I will still raid my two nights, but wont be leveling any more alts or focusing on anything else in WoW (at least until MoP... I HAVE to play a monk).
    ... So you'll keep paying for warcraft, but not use their resources by logging in much? And you still intend to get MoP. Seems win-win for Blizz. How exactly do you figure warcraft will be in trouble?

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    How exactly do you figure warcraft will be in trouble?
    I dont figure. Do I believe they will bleed out more subs? Yep, I know they have over SWTOR and will continue to. Will they die off .. no really silly to think so but with out a doubt its made a dent in the player base.

What I would rather see? Is folks shut up about it because its pointless to discuss

10+ Year Old Account
    I was excited about this game for about two years. I preordered the day it was available. I played the beta and was less than impressed. I cancelled my preorder but my SWToR account still let me download the client for early access. I've played for about 18 hours this weekend in an attempt to give it a real honest shot.

I really don't like this game. The voice acting is good and the story is nice, but I find the classes to be completely boring. I kept making new characters until I "settled" on Sith warrior. The fact that all the races are very humanoid and their body types are identical doesn't help the lack of character customization either, and creates a lack of identity for me. The combat isn't groundbreaking, but anyone who expected it to be was asking for too much. The combat is fine, very similar to WoW. This tried and true MMO formula is fine. I just feel like the classes seem so boring. The very undefined character textures (especially for skin) make the game look unpolished and rushed. I know this is not the case and it was all a decision of the art department, but i just don't get it. I didn't level a character to 50 (for the reasons stated above), so don't give me the "You need to level to 50 and do endgame before making an opinion" silliness. I know when a game doesn't feel like the right fit for me.

I know some people are really liking this game, and that is totally fine (I hope you enjoy it for years), but for me it was a huge letdown. All the right elements are there, but it doesn't grab me. You know that feeling when you you first play a really great RPG (MMO or not) and you go "whoa..."? This game did not have that feeling of wonder right from the get-go. Being a big fan of the original Star Wars trilogy and the books from during and after that trilogy, I really wanted to love this game.

I'm rating this game a very "in my opinion" 2 stars out of 5. It's just not for me. I am not subbed to WoW currently, I've been playing Skyrim too much to waste time with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the game is a blast. I am not a fanboi so I can admit there are problems that need to be fixed by you know what... unlike 99% of the other MMOs that I have tried out the game is so good otherwise the bugs don't detract for me. There are problems and I know they will be fixed but its not game breaking for me. I will be playing this game for quite a while I think. As far as future updates there are just so many possibilities that can be done. Congrats BW/EA on being the 2nd MMO I think I can see my self investing any real time in past the 1st 1-3 months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Lol okay. So you 11 guys got to level 50 and then completed the easiest version of the raid. Now you're complaining that endgame is too easy (after doing the easiest mode), so you're going to go back to WoW, a game where there is LFR.
    Okay bro. Have fun in WoW.

Why use LFR at all an an example?

Looks like form this post alone that alot of elitest jerks are moving from WoW to ToR and that is why I am confident that it is not going to stand the test of time.

Personally I dont care either way just holding from mmo's out for GW2 :>

Leveling is fine, but Im 50 and the PvE content is FAR too easy

And that is what I mentioned before...leveling fine, after that nothing to do yet after the first week

Great Sinlge Player Game, but not a great MMO.
    QFT - Bioware really NEEDS to put a lot of work in future PvE endgame content, else the game is purely singleplayer with the occasional grouping with random people.

I agree, I think Bioware beat the odds of mediocre mmo's and made a masterpiece with SWTOR. I havent had this much fun since... well, WoW lol

Even if it wasnt a MMO, the game would still be a 9/10 in my book. It's THAT good. The fact that they got so many things right and its not officially launched yet really shows that they're putting a rediculous amount of resources and money into this.

Rift and Aion have absolutely nothing on SWTOR, it shines over them in every aspect.
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2011-12-18 at 04:56 PM.

Deleted
    4/5 for me.
    Everything is great except for 3 things: Questing variety, character variety and combat variety. Neither really makes me go "ew I don't like this" but it peeves me a little bit. Quests are, except for different context the VA puts them in, the same (as in every other MMO mind you). Character models are the same no matter the race, but then again take a look at the Star Wars movies, everyone are humanoids barring like Ewoks and Jawas and the Yoda-race, and I hate gnomes and goblins so I wouldn't be behind those three being in the game either. Combat variety, well it is similar to WoW, no getting around that. I quit WoW for several reasons, and combat boredom was one of them. This game doesn't bore me, however, but I would much rather have seen Bioware go bananas and tried something completely new, like the combat engine used in the Mass Effect games - I really do believe that could have worked, and it could have been insane fun. But they went with the tried and true MMO-model, and even GW2 whose combat is reconned as ground-breaking is also very similar to that concept. No auto-hit is nice and all but it is still very much tab-and-click combat. That really shows how secluded the MMO-mindset is when it comes to combat.

So, is the game better than WoW? Certainly. For one the game is actually enjoyable and the developers (so far) don't treat their customers like shit, nor have they begun to single out classes or factions and Bioware being Bioware I doubt they will (I played a Alliance (ignored and repeateldy insulted) Draenei (forgotten) Paladin (abused and repeateldy insulted) in WoW, you tell me if I should be bitter). The game has thus far been rather easy, but heroic quests have proved challenging, more-so than flashpoints. Just like RIFT SWtOR takes the foundaions laid by EQ and WoW and builts onto them with new stuff and enhances things that have been ignored by previous developers. Both games do many things very well and I believe that both will continue to grow at the expense of WoW over time.
    Last edited by mmoc64e39b9c60; 2011-12-18 at 05:02 PM.

They still have a lot of work to do on this game, but that is to be expected from a game that technically isn't even released yet...That said I AM ABSOLUTELY LOVING IT! This is one of the best single player RPGs I have ever played, and you can play it with friends!

Lol okay. So you 11 guys got to level 50 and then completed the easiest version of the raid. Now you're complaining that endgame is too easy (after doing the easiest mode), so you're going to go back to WoW, a game where there is LFR.

Okay bro. Have fun in WoW.
    You mean exactly like whats happening in WoW?
    People aren't even completing it in normal but since the top tier of raiders are completing heroic they're calling it easy and asking whats next.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    You mean exactly like whats happening in WoW?
    People aren't even completing it in normal but since the top tier of raiders are completing heroic they're calling it easy and asking whats next.
    The difference is that SW:TOR doesn't force everyone to do the raid or die mentality. There's actually other things in the game to have fun in.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Right now, for me, up to level 20 and, yeah, blah, blah, I'm only judging it on up to that point:

As a single player game, it's been a 5.0.

As an MMO, it's about 3.5-4.0 (meaning I can understand anyone giving it a 4.0), but, to this point to me it feels like a 3.5 for the MMO aspects of it.

I'm amazed at how unpolished the UI is. It feels like it's 5-years out-of-date. Having to hotkey quest items again - ridiculous. I am SOOO missing LFD.

Let me put it this way: Right now the MMO material is a distraction to the stories in this game. Yeah, yeah, "but the MMO material is part of the stories!" Well, duh. That's why I'm leveling so slow at this moment: Getting into the MMO material for story content is slowing me down because BioWare seems to have ignored the last 5+years of MMO evolution. Plus they've got absurd thought police of their forums, their communcations have been poor, and customer service has been subpar (still no response to a Thursday email to support).

Am I loving it? Yeah, I am. But not as an MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did I say I am going back to WoW?

I said some of my friends did, and I said I did not clear the easiest version, I cleared the normal version. And the normal Version is maybe even easier than the LFR in WoW (when you have good players and we were elitist raiders in WoW before)

http://www.imagebanana.com/view/xpa8uqbr/loleasy.jpg

and here is a first screenshot

And beside that...you guys cried about that you have seen the WoW content after clearing the LFR, didnt you? And now you complain that I say the game is easy because I cleared the 2nd mode in low gear? Really?
    Your screenshot isnt showing up for me for some odd reason. Am I the only one? If its an error on my part then would you please be so kind as to post them as actual images on the forum. Furthermore making sweeping generalizations about you guys complaining aboiut lfr is bad. I didn't complain about lfr, and i'm not sure exactly who you are refering to. Lastly if you had completed normal modes in swtor you would surely realize they are the equivelant of lfr mode in wow. In summation troll posts suck and this thread will get closed soon enough. Sorry OP your good review got sabotaged.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

The difference is that SW:TOR doesn't force everyone to do the raid or die mentality. There's actually other things in the game to have fun in.
    Nor does WoW force you to raid or die either, almost every post you have made is biased as hell towards SW:TOR.