Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How intense are swtors specs anyway?

Im mean really. A mod told me my pc couldnt handle the game. that i couldnt even download the game. Yet i have Fallout NV, LFD2, Wow, and SC2 all on
    my PC. People keep saying theyres something within the game that gives it high requirements. But if im able to download games like Fallout NV and not get
    an error whos to say i cant get swtor to download and work too.
    Although I am getting a new pc in the summer and want to purchase the game w/ my christmas money I still want to use my 1 free month to try it out.
    How much more intense can this game actually be than fallout? What part of it makes it so graphic,process,etc intense anyway?

Deleted
    It really isn't that bad.

I play SWTOR on below minimum specs, and it is doable. I don't know what your setup is, but if it's anything like mine the game is playable with patience. The minimum is a lot higher than WoW's minimum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Intel Pentium D 3.4GHz
    3GB DDR2 RAM
    ATI Radeon Sapphire 5770

Runs just fine with textures at high, draw distance at medium, and shadows turned off. I get an average of 20-30 FPS.
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTheHoe View Post
    It really isn't that bad.
    If thats true id be so happy but I keep being told it wont work? Im not looking for anything comfortable just workable. Whats the correct idea? Are minimum specs even important when I can download games and play them who have over minimum spec requirements as it is?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Did said-Mod tell you why your PC couldn't handle it? Was it your GPU? Ram? TOR is way more CPU heavy than any of the games you listed. You could play WoW (as an example) on a Pentium4... That's an 11 year old CPU

Quote Originally Posted by Tehfred View Post
    Intel Pentium D 3.4GHz
    3GB DDR2 RAM
    ATI Radeon Sapphire 5770

Runs just fine with textures at high, draw distance at medium, and shadows turned off. I get an average of 20-30 FPS.
    It pains me that you consider 20-30 fps "just fine" </3

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    I play SWTOR on below minimum specs, and it is doable. I don't know what your setup is, but if it's anything like mine the game is playable with patience. The minimum is a lot higher than WoW's minimum.
    How much higher is it than TF2? SC2 CPU? That would help. Maybe my pc is just lucky? I upgraded my hardrive a few months ago does that effect gameplay?
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2011-12-28 at 10:53 PM.

Certain sites (can you run it) have told me my Processor can't handle it (woo for a shitty $400 laptop!), yet im getting 20-30 fps with everything on a mix of low/med/max (cause i still can't lower the damn resolution due to that stupid box you gotta click). Game still is x10 better than WoW, graphically. Maybe i'm just bored of a cartoon world from the early 2000s, idk.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Certain sites (can you run it) have told me my Processor can't handle it (woo for a shitty $400 laptop!), yet im getting 20-30 with everything on a mix of low/med/max (cause i still can't lower the damn resolution due to that stupid box you gotta click). Game still is x10 better than WoW, graphically. Maybe i'm just bored of a cartoon world from the early 2000s, idk.
    Funny thing is ive got a dell 2009 laptop that used to run wow graphics like my PC. Now i can run high/ultra water graphics.(which is better than my desktop.) This who "Will it work thing is confusing."
    Whats funny is everytime I download a game that i shouldnt be able to it works.
    A 6150 SE graphics shouldnt be able to do these things....?
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2011-12-28 at 11:00 PM.

Well it's partially an optimization issue, and partially individual pieces. Like already said the game is more CPU intensive than some other games.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    Well it's partially an optimization issue, and partially individual pieces. Like already said the game is more CPU intensive than some other games.
    Someone said SC2 has a higher CPU? How can one check theyre CPU? I think I might make it maybe even pass the requirement.

I can't run WoW on Ultra with out going below 30 fps, and sometimes I get as low as 20. I run this game on all max settings + forced 8x anti-aliasing, and it looks better than WoW and runs at at least 60 fps everywhere but the capital cities.

I get some lag in areas that are heavy with particles effects in the air, like with clouds or smoke, but it's hardly noticeable.

Also, unrelated, but I like humans that look like humans. (Sorry WoW =\)

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    All I'm going to say is this is the third or fourth thread you have made regarding this question. You have been told numerous times by myself and other forum members why your system will not be able to play this game. As stated previously:

Yes your system meets minimum requirements but all that means is you will be able to download and install the game. After you install the game and go to enter you will be greeted with sub 10FPS since your system barely meets the minimum requirements. If you think sub 10FPS is playable then by all means purchase the game. Its your money spend it how you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    Did said-Mod tell you why your PC couldn't handle it? Was it your GPU? Ram? TOR is way more CPU heavy than any of the games you listed. You could play WoW (as an example) on a Pentium4... That's an 11 year old CPU

It pains me that you consider 20-30 fps "just fine" </3
    Actually, that is just fine. I played WoW like that for almost 5 years. From what I see, SWTOR has a minimum CPU requirement of a dual core processor-Minimum: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0 GHz or better- and graphics at the Radeon X1800 level- 256 MB of on-board RAM and Shader model 3.0 or better support (ATI Radeon X1800 or better, NVIDIA GeForce 7800 or better, Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better). That's really not that extreme but it is higher than WoW's.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    All I'm going to say is this is the third or fourth thread you have made regarding this question. You have been told numerous times by myself and other forum members why your system will not be able to play this game. As stated previously:

Yes your system meets minimum requirements but all that means is you will be able to download and install the game. After you install the game and go to enter you will be greeted with sub 10FPS since your system barely meets the minimum requirements. If you think sub 10FPS is playable then by all means purchase the game. Its your money spend it how you want.
    sry bout that. i think ive gotten all i need. Ive played games on low FPS (as in 5-10) for a long time just fine. A friend of mine does the same
    so im gonna go w/ my gut on this one and see what happens.
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2011-12-28 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Actually, that is just fine. I played WoW like that for almost 5 years. From what I see, SWTOR has a minimum CPU requirement of a dual core processor-Minimum: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0 GHz or better- and graphics at the Radeon X1800 level- 256 MB of on-board RAM and Shader model 3.0 or better support (ATI Radeon X1800 or better, NVIDIA GeForce 7800 or better, Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better). That's really not that extreme but it is higher than WoW's.
    20 fps is barely playable if you've ever experienced 60, or heck even 60-100. And yes, it is a noticeable difference between 60 and 100.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    The minimum is also just that minimum required to have the game run. Just because the game is running doesn't mean that shit is going to play smooth at 30FPS, far from it. If you want to play the game and enjoy it you always base off of the recommended system specifications vs your system. Anything other than that will become completely opinion based as per what each individual finds playable for FPS.

Until this thread I didnt even know 100FPS exsisted................-_-
    whoops
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2011-12-28 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Until this thread I didnt even know 100FPS excited................-_-
    On minimum settings and without vertical sync I can push 250+ fps.*

XD

*on wow, I haven't tried it yet on TOR

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    On minimum settings and without vertical sync I can push 250+ fps.*

XD

*on wow, I haven't tried it yet on TOR
    Anything over 72 is ridiculous and not needed.