Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Some people aren't health nuts and eat for taste.
    I dunno what foods you eat, but a lot of healthy stuff doesn't taste like hell. Quite tasty, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bacon and egg, low carb high fat - woooo!
    Sometimes together with kimchi to get digestion going.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    I dunno what foods you eat, but a lot of healthy stuff doesn't taste like hell. Quite tasty, actually.
    I do eat tasty healthy food. But, there's times when I don't want to care about what's in the food and eat food that isn't good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I do eat tasty healthy food. But, there's times when I don't want to care about what's in the food and eat food that isn't good for me.
    We call that a cheat day! It, along with the occasional fast, can be good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadu View Post
    This isn't exactly relevant to the OP but in alot of the breakfast ideas here I see an insane amount of grains in what people eat. Are you eating these for the carbs? The fiber? I'm really curious. The reason I ask is grains of any kind come with a significant down-side to the reported health benefits. They are a pretty acidic food source and have a fairly bad ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 fatty acids in them. If the carbs or the fiber is your main concern there are plenty of other, healthier sources of these nutrients. Just my 2 cents.
    I eat them for the carbs, and yes the fiber doesnt hurt. Im currently in a bulking phase so I need ~300g of carbs every day at least, more on workout days. Oatmeal is one of the healthiest things you can eat and I recommend it any time of the day, and the omega fatty acids dont really matter, you can eat fish some other time in the day or take fish oil. On my workout days I have a ton of toast because like I said, I need ALOT of carbs, and honey is amazing for weight-lifters in alot of ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    What gets you going in the morning? Is nutrition important? High calories? Does it need to be quick?

I’ve been making shakes in the morning for about a year now. It includes 1 scoop of whey protein, 1 scoop psyllium fiber, 2 eggs, 1 banana, and approximately 1 cup of milk well blended. I’ve found this is the perfect breakfast for me.

So what do you usually start off the day with?
    Well, it varies, average moring will be 2 pieces of wholegrain bread (toasted) with peanutbutter and either an apple or a banana. Once a week I splurge (usually on weekends) and make a 2 egg omelette (mushroom, onion and cheddar 99% of the time), toast with strawberry preserves and either 2-3 pieces of bacon or apple chicken sausage.

Oh yeah and my DAILY Grande Soy Chai from Starbucks. =P
    "Happiness is finding two olives in your martini when you’re hungry." ~Frank Sinatra

Whey protein shake and 1/2 cup oatmeal with a tablespoon of peanut butter mixed in. Roughly 400 calories and 35g protein, plus monounsaturated fats from peanut butter and complex carbs/fiber from oatmeal. Gets me through the morning rush at work easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    1 veggie omelette, 1 bowl of oatmeal with raisins and peanut butter, water and large cup of coffee.

---------- Post added 2012-01-27 at 11:02 AM ----------

Damn, I don't know how you go that long without eating again.
    I generally eat a 600+ calorie lunch at 3:00, and I have nonstop classes from 6:30 AM - 2:30 PM and all of my professors have very strict "no eating in class" policies.
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

Usually some greek yogurt and fruit with a slice or two of toast. Every once and a while I mix it up and do something unhealthy (biscuits and gravy, or eggs benedict and such) but not often.

coffee or boiled eggs and milk with fitness cereals

10+ Year Old Account
    330ml of milk with whole grain cereals, 2toasts with gouda cheese and smoked turkey, some kind of fruit, 2eggs every 2days, one glass of water
    ~May the goat be with you~

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadu View Post
    This isn't exactly relevant to the OP but in alot of the breakfast ideas here I see an insane amount of grains in what people eat. Are you eating these for the carbs? The fiber? I'm really curious. The reason I ask is grains of any kind come with a significant down-side to the reported health benefits. They are a pretty acidic food source and have a fairly bad ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 fatty acids in them. If the carbs or the fiber is your main concern there are plenty of other, healthier sources of these nutrients. Just my 2 cents.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. Anything that passes through the stomach is going to become acidic.

I'll eat oatmeal for the fiber. It's by no means the source of all my nutritional intake.

bowl of cereal, low fat curd with yogurt and vitamins (tablet)

Deleted
    Protein shake
    Two slices of toast with a little butter and cheese on them

That's my "standard" breakfast.

something big... normally a big pot of porridge and milk. depending on how much time i got i can also eat 6-10 sandwiches or a proper cooked english breakfast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badluckandtrouble View Post
    something big... normally a big pot of porridge and milk. depending on how much time i got i can also eat 6-10 sandwiches or a proper cooked english breakfast
    6-10 Sandwiches?!?! Are you talking about hors d'oeuvre sized sandwiches, or full size sandwiches?

Also, what is a "propper english breakfast"?
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

I believe every morning should be started right with a nice plate of bacon, served with a side of bacon and a nice tall glass of bacon to wash it all down. Maybe put some bacon in a ziplock bag for the road as a midmorning snack.

Quote Originally Posted by Majik8ball View Post
    6-10 Sandwiches?!?! Are you talking about hors d'oeuvre sized sandwiches, or full size sandwiches?

Also, what is a "propper english breakfast"?
    Fried sausage, bacon, fried egg, beans, fried bread, black pudding, tomatoes (plum or fried), toast = full english breakfast (sausage & bacon etc can be several thereof)

Square sausage, link sausage, bacon, egg, beans, potato scone, black pudding, fruit pudding, tomato = Scottish breakfast

double of everything in the Full English = Ulster Fry

None of them are particularly good for you, especially the Ulster Fry, that'll clog arteries fast!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Goodfoodmadesimple oatmeal and eggs...its quick, tastes dam good and easy to make.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    and the omega fatty acids dont really matter
    There are so many things wrong with this statement I can't figure out where to begin...

---------- Post added 2012-01-30 at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. Anything that passes through the stomach is going to become acidic.
    Well, yes. I mean grains are a food that promote a systemic level pH that is acidic. Not just what goes from the stomach to the small intestine. That is a given. The body releases bicarbonate in the small intestine to neutralize this.
    Last edited by Nuadu; 2012-01-30 at 05:38 PM.
    My hunter is the genetic love child of Liam Neeson, the Dos Equis guy and Chuck Norris. You lose.

<broken image snip>