14 8.24%
  • Maybe.. Don't know.

23 13.53%
  • You're an idiot, we are easy to play.

23 13.53%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Staying and looking forward to the new Demonology. Really like the idea of having a melee filler when in Meta .
    Thinking of rolling another Demo Lock aswell, just to see how low-level Metamorphosis works out.

Deleted
    Ive played my Warlock for 5/6 years and not played alts seriously until Cata when i levelled my Mage and shadow priest, now their both decent geared i was pretty shocked at how easily they can do high dps with very little effort.
    Fact is imho Locks do require more effort
    I understand playing a lock can be more rewarding when played right ..... What annoys me is that other classes seem to look down on locks with no regard for some of the complexities

That said ill always keep lock as Main, the MoP Changes look good and seem to have been based on feedback from us which is promising

There is no "I already have all 10 classes so this question is pointless" option.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Deleted
    If I can't enjoy my warlock in MoP, I'm gone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    There is no "I already have all 10 classes so this question is pointless" option.
    That's covered by "Yes. I will reroll."

I like the points that have been given so far. Some good information on what to expect in MoP, thank you to everybody who contributed with useful information.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would never...after 7 years as a warlock!? No way. Warlocks been my main since my first toon in vanilla beta.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Although I'll always stick with my lock, I'm not pleased at all with some of the changes. The rotations are being extremely simplified, and A LOT of CC is going to be stripped away from us. Although I have to admit the Demonology and Destruction changes along with the talent trees seem very nice, but losing CC really pisses me off (and yes I'd rather have more CC than damage).

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually think BLizzard intends to simplify our rotations a little bit with our new resource. Demonology looks fun.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Derivatives View Post
    I actually think BLizzard intends to simplify our rotations a little bit with our new resource. Demonology looks fun.
    I agree, I think we have a lot of nice talent changes incoming. I'm looking forward to playing with all the talents (Ie. Shadowfury) that you can take in whatever spec you want.
    Cyner#1996

Staying lock guaranteed forever. I play lock BECAUSE it is slightly more difficult than other classes. I like having a very high skill cap.

Regarding the 'my spec is harder to play' thats been intermittent thus far in the thread, I haven't played sub rogue or feral druid, but I know players who have played BOTH and demo lock and told me they found demo harder.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Deleted
    I think locks are more challenging than some classes but thats part of their charm. And from what ive seen from the previews, Warlock is the class im most looking forward to playing in MoP (my main is Shaman too)

rerolled on my warlock after classic; since those days im a warlock and i'll stay a warlock until i quit wow

''you're a idiot, we are easy to play'' are you joking? warlocks are unpopular because they are one of the most complex to play, not easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    warlocks have been made more and more complex for every expansion
    You misspelled "simplified" there, buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    I do enjoy it, but it is already overcomplicated and far harder than any other class as of now.
    By that logic, MoP will add another dot and another cooldown abilities for every warlock spec, increasing our skillcap-level further.
    How is this a bad thing? WoW is quite an easy game (at least it's PvE aspect) for any role/class/spec. Why would you ever want to dumb everything down to arcane mage level? The revamped MoP talents and new abilities for Warlock is the best thing to ever happen to the class since at least late BC (when I started, so I can't really say much about changes since Classic).
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Warlocks

So as some of you may have noticed, warlocks have been made more and more complex for every expansion, I assume MoP will not be any different. The only reason I still play my warlock is all of my mounts, my pets and my ancient achievements.

I do enjoy it, but it is already overcomplicated and far harder than any other class as of now.
    By that logic, MoP will add another dot and another cooldown abilities for every warlock spec, increasing our skillcap-level further.

I don't mind the game being complicated, but the feeling that I am putting 90 times more effort into my class, in order to perform at the level of other facerolling specs; is just frustrating.

Frustrating enough to make this post anyway.

Personally I consider going mage, they seem to be Blizzard's new favorite.
    First of all, do some research before posting worthless threads that are not relevant because they simply do not hold true. Unless Blizz decides to scrap the entire warlock system again that they have outlined for MoP, Afflic will become easier to play than SPriests which I can barely fathom as they are just beyond faceroll. Destro will not be using corruption, BoD and BoA anymore and will not have to maintain ISF losing a lot of its complexity there and going to a middle ground between the fast paced end of Wrath rotation and the complex Cata rotation. The only spec that seems to gain complexity is Demonology which is good because right now it's not very complex but rather a pain in the ass to play.

lol!!!

SORRY locks are not hard, they have an easy spec, and a harder spec, but they are easier than the hardest specs (sub, enha, feral and masterfrost dk).
    Out of the four specs you just listed only sub is still challenging. Feral has become much easier and simply requires a basic understanding of energy regen (less so than rogues) and combo points. Enhance has lost much of its complexity and is now simply a game of watching your Maelstrom procs. Frost has been relegated to the hit-whatever-shit-lights-up spec and is hardly as complex as sub.

I do have to agree though, Affliction is not very hard. Destruction however is perhaps the most complex caster spec along with Boomkins and Demonology is as I said above more of a pain in the ass than challenging.

immo aura and hellfire are being fused together;
    demo locks no longer have incinerate;
    soulstone is no longer an item, now it's just a spell;
    demo now only has bane of doom (each spec has it's own bane now, so no more theorycrafting about when agony is better than doom)
    the only new button for the rotation is wild imps;
    While Demo loses Molten Core the main difficulty of the spec (of course this remains to be seen) will most likely come from Demonic Fury? management. Soulstone not being an item anymore does not have anything to do with complexity at all. It simply means one less worthless button/macro to have. Demo never used BoA anyways, even in most multi dot situations so this effectively has no impact on the spec. Demo gains complexity in that HoG is being changed completely, wild imps is a new ability to mesh into the rotation and we will actively have to manage resources for once (AWESOME CHANGE)

Deleted
    I'm staying, I rolled a warlock for the challenge it gives, if you want to go easy roll a pala like 14% of the players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I've considered rerolling. But not because I find locks hard to play or because I don't like the changes. But because I'm kinda leaning towards going back to my roots as a Holy Paladin and I really miss healing. Still has to be said though, I will keep my Warlock as my "second main" for both PvP and PvE. The one DPS class I find most enjoyable ingame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Mages are balanced. It's just that they aren't balanced for Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you.
    Playing warlock since vanilla, the current state of Warlocks in Cata is still dumbed down to what it was.

- There's one less dot you can use (immolate/UA)
    - there's no such thing as a max dot cap on bosses anymore
    - other classes offer debuffs like CoE/CoW
    - you don't have to carry 40 shards or go out to farm them
    - you don't have to CC 3 targets with a succubus + fear + banish in (some) instances anymore
    - you can't clip dot's anymore
    - soulshards as items have been removed from the game (crap, going outside, no shards to summon my felhunter before the boss)
    - you can summon into dungeons where ever you want instead of outside
    - you don't have to enslave your infernal when you cast it
    - you don't need the help of 4 others including a death when summoning a doomguard
    - etc etc etc the list goes on

How are locks hard these days after all the stuff above went out of the window? Sure it had it's downsides, but it was more complex than it is nowadays.
    The aspect of the Warlock that makes me love it so much, IS the certain amount of 'complexity'. I love the fact blizzard re-introduced Affliction as a viable spec just because of the dot-juggling you get to do.

I'd never want to go back to the TBC style warlock; sack a succubus, keep 3 dots up and mass spam bolts at your target. Would you like that instead? I sure don't :-/

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, don't know, probably not.

I'm really not liking the look of what's happening to Affliction or Demonology; and twice now it's taken an entire expansion to get the class right after considerable changes with the release of expansion. I'm kinda wishing they'd just leave us alone now and piss someone else around. I'll see how it works out, maybe go SPriest, Blood DK or quit altogether. Too soon to say.

I might reroll since I love to reroll. :P