Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Ashara Zavros Romance - Good or Bad? (Spoilers)

What do you think of the Ashara Zavros romance storyline for Sith Inquisitor (males only atm)?

If you haven't played it through and want to check it out, this video covers the entire companion storyline with all romance options picked :P

Jailbait togruta mmm mm.

Why don't we have a seat over here.

My first 50 was a female inquisitor, and I had the romance with Andros. It was a pretty decent story, kind of reminded me of Spike and Julia if you've ever watched Cowboy Bebop.

Anyways... as a female inquisitor, I always hated Ashara, she was always nagging, saying negative things, AND her DPS was terrible.... and after watching that video, I still hate her.

Having seen a few other stories now (leveled a 50 warrior, and watched my friend level and operative), I really have to say, everything about the Inquisitor's story and companions suck in comparison to the other classes.

Vette, Kaliyo, and Temples all have a much better romance arc. Dark Jaesa... maybe a little too much over the top to be believable. I'm half way through my merc now, and I'm also liking Mako's arc, though I'm still in the early stages of it.

Honestly a majority of dialogue in swtor is extremely chessy and ashara romance is one of the worst I think. Also ashara's dps is good once you gear her in full champion gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda like it.
    Always enjoyed the concept of being both jedi and sith.
    so having my legacy have both teaching is interesting
    Youtube Channel
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minecraft Map: Valley of Ages(map is out of date)

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked it better than the class story line. Even though its just dialog, it depicts the SI doing SI things, being deceptive to gain power. The sort of background them in the story is how you plan to manipulate galactic politics to rule the galaxy (Palapatine/Darth Sidius).

1. How do you get Ashara, being a deceptive sneaky bastard.

2. How do you her to fall for you, being a deceptive and sneaky bastard (if you are DS at least).

3. (If you are DS I am assuming)Then you twist and manipulate her. She starts to accept Sith teaching. She favors or is neutral to DS options. She shares your ideas about being the Emperor and taking over the Republic. You are Palapatine and Vader in one. Deceptive as Palpatine but have the girl like like Vader (pre-machines).

4. She finally fully embraces your ideals and pledges to haz your babies to bring in a new era. You is a cold and sneaky bastard.

Deleted
    i love it how she sneers all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Slothanator View Post
    Honestly a majority of dialogue in swtor is extremely chessy and ashara romance is one of the worst I think. Also ashara's dps is good once you gear her in full champion gear.
    oh I don't know, Dark Jaesa is cringe worthy at times. I swear the twelve year old pocket mining demographic was the group they aimed to appeal here. If it weren't for women being on the credits for making this game I would think no one at Bioware dealt with the opposite sex.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I liked it better than the class story line. Even though its just dialog, it depicts the SI doing SI things, being deceptive to gain power. The sort of background them in the story is how you plan to manipulate galactic politics to rule the galaxy (Palapatine/Darth Sidius).

1. How do you get Ashara, being a deceptive sneaky bastard.

2. How do you her to fall for you, being a deceptive and sneaky bastard (if you are DS at least).

3. (If you are DS I am assuming)Then you twist and manipulate her. She starts to accept Sith teaching. She favors or is neutral to DS options. She shares your ideas about being the Emperor and taking over the Republic. You are Palapatine and Vader in one. Deceptive as Palpatine but have the girl like like Vader (pre-machines).

4. She finally fully embraces your ideals and pledges to haz your babies to bring in a new era. You is a cold and sneaky bastard.
    I rather enjoyed that analysis. Gave me a good deal of insight into not only the SI class, but Ashara as well.

---------- Post added 2012-02-12 at 01:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    oh I don't know, Dark Jaesa is cringe worthy at times. I swear the twelve year old pocket mining demographic was the group they aimed to appeal here. If it weren't for women being on the credits for making this game I would think no one at Bioware dealt with the opposite sex.
    Considering females don't wear platemail bikinis, I already say they're doing it better than Blizzard.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I rather enjoyed that analysis. Gave me a good deal of insight into not only the SI class, but Ashara as well.

---------- Post added 2012-02-12 at 01:07 PM ----------

Considering females don't wear platemail bikinis, I already say they're doing it better than Blizzard.
    This will be awkward when I tell you I ripped a bunch of my champion gear mods and put them into a slave bikini outfit ...I wear it for bosses we already killed and hardmode FP lol...I put on my rakata when we wipe even though it's never been a healing problem (I'm the healer)

I actually have just about the same stats in my slave bikini that I do in my normal gear haha...

Last edited by Slothanator; 2012-02-12 at 08:55 PM.

Deleted
    To be honest I haven't done any romance, rather wait till same-sex options but that video just made me realize I haven't missed anything, ughh

This will be awkward when I tell you I ripped a bunch of my champion gear mods and put them into a slave bikini outfit ...I wear it for bosses we already killed and hardmode FP lol...I put on my rakata when we wipe even though it's never been a healing problem (I'm the healer)

I actually have just about the same stats in my slave bikini that I do in my normal gear haha...

and here is what is so telling about players in this game
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

In retrospect that post was really dumb. But honestly have seen the sorcerer pve gear it looks terrible -.-
    Last edited by Slothanator; 2012-02-12 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    Anyways... as a female inquisitor, I always hated Ashara, she was always nagging, saying negative things, AND her DPS was terrible.... and after watching that video, I still hate her.
    May be a dumb question, but did you give her a second lightsaber? She's playing a Marauder/Sentinel, and they are supposed to be dual-wielding, though she only comes with the one saber and abilities that are best with two if I'm not mistaken.

Deleted
    Shh the SWTOR community is mature

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Jailbait togruta mmm mm.

Why don't we have a seat over here.
    From her codex entry:

A twenty-year-old Togruta Padawan, Ashara Zavros descends from a long line of Force users. From an early age, she has aspired to study the Force and become one of the best Jedi the order has to offer.

So...where do you come from that 20 is jailbait?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Shh the SWTOR community is mature

Playing fantasy video games,talk about mature communities lol....

I'd honestly rather deal with 13 year olds acting like idiots than adults acting like they are better than kids acting like kids
    Last edited by Slothanator; 2012-02-13 at 01:31 PM.

Deleted
    Playing fantasy video games,talk about mature communities lol....

I'd honestly rather deal with 13 year olds acting like idiots than adults acting like they are better than kids acting like kids
    It's labelled as 16+ in the UK but that's irrelevant, maturity isn't strictly age related... Besides it's got nothing to do with 'being better'

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's labelled as 16+ in the UK but that's irrelevant, maturity isn't strictly age related... Besides it's got nothing to do with 'being better'
    You're right why can't more people act mature and play a video game to your standard of how they should act. Than whats the problem ? its not hard to just ignore players you don't like. You come on here and right out vague posts about some players in the community with some snippy wink eye faces I don't really understand what your point even is.

I'm the post replying to mine saying "and here is what is so telling about players in this game " I never even understood ...I mean if you read the post I was replying to you can understand why I even posted that. Players are immature because bioware put in another skimpy outfit and people actually use it ? This thread has derailed already...

Anyway on a more on topic subject,I don't even see how they will add same sex romances unless they add different quests entirely.By the time they get around to patching it in a majority of players will have finished their companion stories.
    Last edited by Slothanator; 2012-02-13 at 07:00 PM.

Deleted
    You're right why can't more people act mature and play a video game to your standard of how they should act. Than whats the problem ? its not hard to just ignore players you don't like. You come on here and right out vague posts about some players in the community with some snippy wink eye faces I don't really understand what your point even is.

I'm the post replying to mine saying "and here is what is so telling about players in this game " I never even understood ...I mean if you read the post I was replying to you can understand why I even posted that. Players are immature because bioware put in another skimpy outfit and people actually use it ? This thread has derailed already...

Anyway on a more on topic subject,I don't even see how they will add same sex romances unless they add different quests entirely.By the time they get around to patching it in a majority of players will have finished their companion stories.
    My post wasn't a personal attack against you, it was an off the cuff comment about the community in general