Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tandrius View Post
    Unsubbed. Buy it if you like, the first play through I had a blast, endgame is horrible in every aspect, leveling my second toon felt as fun as watching paint dry. The game in its current state has next to no replayability (don't argue if you don't have at least 2 50's, because I would have argued too until I tried it). The game has massive bugs, the developers don't listen to the community or testers (they've actually said they don't read the ptr forums) so each patch creates huge new issues that were very predictable. Someone put it well in saying it's like BW doesn't even play the game. PVP is super fun at first until you've played it enough to see the horrible gearing system, exploits, poor design of the maps, spawn times, out of control cc with resolve that only affects some of it, etc.

Overall I don't regret buying the game, but I won't resub for another month unless/until they really get their act together.
    }

I agree, I've done the same thing. The thing that drove me the most crazy is talking and putting in things that they haven't fully implemented yet, and not fixing the thigns that are implemented. (legacy anyone?)

It's a decent game, just got blown a little out of proportion with the hype.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    }

I agree, I've done the same thing. The thing that drove me the most crazy is talking and putting in things that they haven't fully implemented yet, and not fixing the thigns that are implemented. (legacy anyone?)

It's a decent game, just got blown a little out of proportion with the hype.
    The hype doesn't affect anyone except mmo-hoppers, so the extreme majority isn't affected and will keep playing.

As for the content / bug fixes, they have several teams working on different things. Certain things take longer to fix than others but for a fresh mmo it's largely bug free. The future of it looks promising, not to mention I'm dying to find out if the Revan story continues or we just pick up with Lord Scourge and the JK you play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tandrius View Post
    Unsubbed. Buy it if you like, the first play through I had a blast, endgame is horrible in every aspect, leveling my second toon felt as fun as watching paint dry. The game in its current state has next to no replayability (don't argue if you don't have at least 2 50's, because I would have argued too until I tried it). The game has massive bugs, the developers don't listen to the community or testers (they've actually said they don't read the ptr forums) so each patch creates huge new issues that were very predictable. Someone put it well in saying it's like BW doesn't even play the game. PVP is super fun at first until you've played it enough to see the horrible gearing system, exploits, poor design of the maps, spawn times, out of control cc with resolve that only affects some of it, etc.

Overall I don't regret buying the game, but I won't resub for another month unless/until they really get their act together.
    I'm with you there, I myself have now leveled 3 50s due to friends rerolling, and after the first one, it all felt like a huge grind, and it was not fun at all.
    The way HMs are set up you have to farm farm farm gear in order to do them, and half the HMs are harder than EV.
    I was excited for this game for 3 years, now I've got it, played it tons, and I'm going to unsub until I see fixes, stability and lots of changes to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by viciouss View Post
    Thats my favorite part about these discussions, anything tor has that wow has it copied and fails for being unoriginal, anything tor does not have that wow has it fails for not being up to date.
    It's madness. They accuse the game of being a wow clone half the time but then when it doesn't have a feature that wow does they go irate that it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    It's madness. They accuse the game of being a wow clone half the time but then when it doesn't have a feature that wow does they go irate that it doesn't.
    There seem to be two large, polarized groups vying for dominance in the TOR community. Those who want to keep the game bare bones with minimal features, and those who want everything wow offers and then some. The official General Forum is a hotbed of strife and moves very quickly.

I'm guessing Bioware will strive for balance between both camps.

Quote Originally Posted by Zannis View Post
    There seem to be two large, polarized groups vying for dominance in the TOR community. Those who want to keep the game bare bones with minimal features, and those who want everything wow offers and then some. The official General Forum is a hotbed of strife and moves very quickly.

I'm guessing Bioware will strive for balance between both camps.
    I suspect Bioware has metrics that are much better than what the forums say. They know what people want and they'll move to implement it. That's why you'll see things like dungeon finder coming sooner rather than later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by viciouss View Post
    If someone feels something and it is true for them does not mean they cant be wrong.

If someone truley feels that their respective nations leader is actually a cyborg powered by 17 washing machines, and they truley beleive this does not make them any less wrong.
    except it isn't one person it's many but I already explained it, end of the day it's irrelevant what others think it's your own opinion that counts

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    I suspect Bioware has metrics that are much better than what the forums say. They know what people want and they'll move to implement it. That's why you'll see things like dungeon finder coming sooner rather than later.
    As much as it frustrates me with the whole cross server LFG tool that is coming I do agree with what you said completely. In the end its about a successful game and only time will tell if such things turn it into a version of a game that I left behind. In the end I want a strong game and a solid footing. They are going to implement changes based "hopefully" on the metrics they have at hand that tell them these things. Only time will tell if it makes the game better or worse. For now im having a blast so I will enjoy myself until I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    As much as it frustrates me with the whole cross server LFG tool that is coming I do agree with what you said completely. In the end its about a successful game and only time will tell if such things turn it into a version of a game that I left behind. In the end I want a strong game and a solid footing. They are going to implement changes based "hopefully" on the metrics they have at hand that tell them these things. Only time will tell if it makes the game better or worse. For now im having a blast so I will enjoy myself until I don't.
    I can't say I was thrilled about it either but you had to know it was coming. Having said that now is the time to shore up any contacts you made and network your face off so you'll still have a healthy friends list and you can actually avoid using the lfd tool for at least a couple months. Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    There is a disconnect between what is going in game and the opinions expressed here. And the reason is because a lot of people here are "curious" WoW players exploring their options instead of SWTOR players who love SWTOR for SWTOR. If you gonna try to outwow wow you gonna fail every time (See rift). If bioware and ea decided that the core demographic of their swtor customer would be disgruntled WoW players they would see misery quickly. Luckily, they recognize that staking the game on just delivering a better raiding experience than wow considering even in wow vast majority of players dont raid would be a mistake. Bioware needs to cultivate its own base, people who would not play otherwise but because it is Star Wars they may be tempted. I see LOADS of those people in game. They don't know anything about CC or hit priority lists, they don't know how to mark their targets, they may even be hopeless newbs, but they are having tons of fun. Fun is what people pay $ to have. Definition of "fun" is different for everyone but if SWTOR can attract a good following from non WoW and non MMO players it will do just fine, as I suspect it will. Moral of the story is that while it is good to take customers away from WOW if your whole strategy depends on building your core from wow players it is going to fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBalkoth View Post
    If you gonna try to outwow wow you gonna fail every time (See rift).
    I'm not certain why the Rift comments like that pop up in the Swtor threads. Just a few tid bits of info for the uninformed. Rift has 30+ servers many with login ques and continues to grow all the time. A recent investment corporation seeing potential will be investing another $85 million into the company and the most recent news is the upcoming launch of the game into China. Don't underestimate the little guy who has potential to grow.

With that being said and getting back on topic the likes of BW/EA have a lot more at stake then the little guy and their success or failure will echo louder and quicker then the little guy.

I've played Swtor and Rift from launch while I enjoyed the levelling to 50 the end game, bugs, terrible UI for healers and lack of things going on in the world to name a few drove me away. I may return but only when it has more of an MMO feel to it. Each is to their own and I hope that BW can truly pull off a successful game but I would refrain from comparisons until it's actually earned some bragging rights.

When your marketing campaign features things like "you are not in azeroth anymore" you immediately brand yourself as a wannabe which is what rift is and will always will be. SWTOR has lore that has nothing to do with wow(or immitates wow) and which preceded wow by decades and whose following dwarves WoW lore by a mile. Bioware just needs to capitalize on it. You either go bold or you go home or go f2p which is what guild wars is doing.

When your marketing campaign features things like "you are not in azeroth anymore" you immediately brand yourself as a wannabe which is what rift is and will always will be. SWTOR has lore that has nothing to do with wow(or immitates wow) and which preceded wow by decades and whose following dwarves WoW lore by a mile. Bioware just needs to capitalize on it. You either go bold or you go home or go f2p which is what guild wars is doing.
    That's funny because they ginned rift up so hard as the wow killer and it obviously did not succeed at that. On the other hand the SWTOR marketing wisely avoided that but still somehow managed to get branded by the community as a "wow killer".

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    That's funny because they ginned rift up so hard as the wow killer and it obviously did not succeed at that. On the other hand the SWTOR marketing wisely avoided that but still somehow managed to get branded by the community as a "wow killer".
    Which is weird because because no one is going to kill a game where people have 10 Maxed 85s due to easy mode Blizzard catering to everyone over the last 7 years. They go to SWTOR (or any other MMO) and find it takes a couple weeks to level, they don't have multiple specs to choose from, Curse doesn't play their game for them and they have to raid 2 nights a weeks in WoW, what are they going to do? Personally, WoW was tiring after/during BC already and has changed very little except getting ridiculously easy, how are you going to kill that?

It seems Bioware is already taking the Blizzard route and catering to all the whiners, Champion PvP gear is now easy mode, they nerf any class that gets whined about, etc. etc. I guess it's on GW2 to stay classy?

Quote Originally Posted by Miah View Post
    Which is weird because because no one is going to kill a game where people have 10 Maxed 85s due to easy mode Blizzard catering to everyone over the last 7 years. They go to SWTOR (or any other MMO) and find it takes a couple weeks to level, they don't have multiple specs to choose from, Curse doesn't play their game for them and they have to raid 2 nights a weeks in WoW, what are they going to do? Personally, WoW was tiring after/during BC already and has changed very little except getting ridiculously easy, how are you going to kill that?

It seems Bioware is already taking the Blizzard route and catering to all the whiners, Champion PvP gear is now easy mode, they nerf any class that gets whined about, etc. etc. I guess it's on GW2 to stay classy?
    So much hostility on these forums some days I'm not sure why. Every thread has a gw2 champion in it. Enjoy your game man, whatever makes you happy. Maybe we should start ginning up gw2 for the eventual let down.

Most my friends who started to play it no longer do, and most the people my friends know who played it also left the game. I would expect the sub numbers to star around 1M max.

The thing is its a SW mmo it was always going to get 1M+ players, the other players are most likely playing because its a new mmo. When another new mmo comes out like GW:2, TERA they will quit starwars and just try that. I just stuck with wow more features, more content, more end game and i have a toon that i invested time in within warcraft No reason to leave to play another MMO with less players and players who are leaving and pay for less features.

Guild Wars has always been F2P. Its a different style.

I unsubbed today. The lifeless and static corridor style world along with the extremely limited end game content couldnt be overcome with my love of all that is Star Wars. See you all in GW2.

Deleted
    Well as much as i wanted the game to be the one i have been waiting for, for 4 years it simply isn't. I am very disapointed ofcourse this is my opinion and i am sure a lot of ppl are still enjoying it.
    The thing that bothers me most is the spamming lfg in general. It's not that i am at an empty server instead its one of the biggest of europe if i am right.
    We started playing with 4 friends and all of them except for one has quit now.

I am not saying i won't play it again in the future but they really need to make some improvements first before they can count on my money

Quote Originally Posted by Farbod View Post
    I unsubbed today. The lifeless and static corridor style world along with the extremely limited end game content couldnt be overcome with my love of all that is Star Wars. See you all in GW2.
    I've noticed that every thread pertaining to star wars on either this forum or on the official forum always ends up being an advertisement for Guild Wars 2. Why exactly is that? I will most definetly be not joining you in that game and I see no reason why it needs to be advertised.