Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How long do you think it will be until GW2 beta invites start going out?

Being the impatient person I am, I'm already getting antsy about possibly getting an invite. So how long until we start seeing invites go out though, I personally hope sometime within 1-2weeks.

They said that public betas will start rolling out in March, so if I had to guess, it could be as soon as next week or as late as 4 weeks from now for invites if they aim to hit inside of March for a beta weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recyclops View Post
    Being the impatient person I am, I'm already getting antsy about possibly getting an invite. So how long until we start seeing invites go out though, I personally hope sometime within 1-2weeks.
    I think the first week of march will be the first beta weekend. This because I will get in, but will not be able to play because I have to help my parents out with moving to their new house
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    I think they said that betas would be in either mars and april. So sometime next month probably, it looks really polished tbh.

IMO not until next week, beta signup is open until friday, since they stated signing up earlier gives no advantage no invites until then. From the year of the dragon blog that announced the press CBT and the following events were not slated to begin until march. If we are VERY lucky some invites next week and another beta weekend march 2-4, but the next CBT could be anytime in march, so we really don't know

It could be as soon as next week end but we will prolly never know because they prolly wont announce that a beta test is going on or they are going to get alot of responses on forums asking why they didnt get in. It will prolly be pretty hush hush seeing as people who get in will be under a very strict NDA, even press who get in again cant even talk about the game unless they do another press beta.

Next week or the week after that.
    Atleast I hope so.
    Hi

as the invite duration is only 48h what is till friday in germany i guess they will send the invite in the weak after that so that people got the time to prepare for the beta!
    things like downloading the game etc. ^^ beta start itself then like 2nd march or 9th i guess.

btw anybody knows how they distribute the client? own downloader or directdownload ? and how big u guess the client will be

10+ Year Old Account
    Have a quick question...

If we DO get invited into the Beta, are we allowed to tell others that we got in? I know we can't give out any information, obviously, and for the most part every beta I have been apart of hasn't really either enforced this rule or even had it to begin with. Was just wondering if I missed something refering to this on thier NDA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna say that the first batch of invites probably falls in the middle of next week, and that the beta starts friday the 2nd of March.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next weekend for sure! There's no way they'd taunt us by releasing op-in so early.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShamanTankFTW View Post
    Have a quick question...

If we DO get invited into the Beta, are we allowed to tell others that we got in? I know we can't give out any information, obviously, and for the most part every beta I have been apart of hasn't really either enforced this rule or even had it to begin with. Was just wondering if I missed something refering to this on thier NDA.
    Nope, so the "No Beta Club" sigs are kinda pointless, as you can't get a "Beta Club" sig.

Have a quick question...

If we DO get invited into the Beta, are we allowed to tell others that we got in? I know we can't give out any information, and for the most part every beta I have been apart of hasn't really either forced this rule or even had it to begin with. Was just wondering if I missed something refering to this on thier NDA.
    NDA = an agreement between 2 party's about distributing information, we don't know how strict the NDA will be during the events, the ones who'll get in will know.

10+ Year Old Account
    •Nothing can be recorded. No pics. You can’t even tell anyone that you are in (if you get in). No bragging rights.
    From http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually we know it. Quote from http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/#beta:
    Do I need to sign an NDA to participate in a Guild Wars 2 Beta Event?

Yes. All participants are required to sign an NDA. All content in the Guild Wars 2 Beta Events is confidential. If you are participating in a Guild Wars 2 Beta Event, you should also not disclose that you are a participant.

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-gam...faq/#seventeen

Yes. All participants are required to sign an NDA. All content in the Guild Wars 2 Beta Events is confidential. If you are participating in a Guild Wars 2 Beta Event, you should also not disclose that you are a participant.
    edit- Curse you above posters!

Deleted
    Have a quick question...

Copy/pasted from the FAQ on the beta sign up page, hope this helps

and a linky for you as well, enjoy!

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/#beta

edit: Damn you fast typers!! Sorry for duplication

I think next week for invites, which we can only hope will contain info on WHEN they are happening lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socram View Post
    I am an Air Traffic Controller and have to deal with Federal Regulations. I am saying that because the quote from Socram stating "you should also not disclose that you are a participant" uses that term 'should'. Anyone who has taken a single law class or is involved with government regulations will know (and those of you who are not would love to hear) that the term 'should' is not a mandatory statement. It, by definition, is a term used to say that you can 'not normally' do this or that the higher authorities involved do not recomend that you do so but are unable to do anything about it.

It never syas you can't... >.<

That will be my excuse anyway...
    Last edited by ShamanTankFTW; 2012-02-23 at 11:05 AM. Reason: spelling