Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How many characters can I make?

Sorry if this is in the info sticky thread, it's so large it's hard to find info in it tbh.

How many characters can I make?

I'm not sure if I would like to have 8 spots available (1 for every class). I would rather have about 4 maybe...
    I think not being able to make all of them wouldn't let me test and choose, it'd make me stick with something and play through it and that's really what I like in an RPG. I don't think I would like the direction the game would go in if everyone could make one of every profession (it's hard for me to say why, I just feel like it might ruin the game to be able to be everything, instead of being known as one sole thing).

So, answer my title question, and then also...
    How many characters do you think GW2 should allow you to make?

50 total, 8 on each server!

They should allow you too make all those you want too .. and they will. This is not offcial, but i think 5 slots will be available at launch, and then u can buy more after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    50 total, 8 on each server!
    This is the GW2 thread, not WoW.

OT: You have 5 character slots at launch and can buy more via the online store.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    This is the GW2 thread, not WoW.
    Even if it were WoW, you can have 10 per server in WoW

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 05:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    OT: You have 5 character slots at launch and can buy more via the online store.
    Thank you! This sounds good to me.

Has the 5 slots been confirmed? I mean... it might just be 3 or 4... do we really know at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    Has the 5 slots been confirmed? I mean... it might just be 3 or 4... do we really know at all?
    In an RPG, I really like to be my character as much as possible. When players can make one of everything, my imagination just doesn't expand from that... there is no unique-ness. Does anyone feel the same way? ha.

5 could be made in the press beta, you'll be able to buy more if you want them.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    In an RPG, I really like to be my character as much as possible. When players can make one of everything, my imagination just doesn't expand from that... there is no unique-ness. Does anyone feel the same way? ha.
    You don't like other people having alts..? :P

As some one who finds more fun in leveling alts then doing end game I have to say I completely disagree. I like to play and experiment with everything. I want to see all the starting zones, try all professions, even have a different character background for each one. I will be buying a lot of extra character slots!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    You don't like other people having alts..? :P
    I don't like ripping joy from other people, I just feel that it makes the MMO more unique.

10+ Year Old Account
    i actually wanna check out all the classes. having 5 on launch is nice but as the months/years goes by im going to want more characters on that same server b/c all my resources are there...unless we can send money, gear, etc. across servers?
    Sig: Left-aligned forms are the slowest of the three to complete because of the number of eye fixations they require to parse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Max Del View Post
    i actually wanna check out all the classes. having 5 on launch is nice but as the months/years goes by im going to want more characters on that same server b/c all my resources are there...unless we can send money, gear, etc. across servers?
    You're a bit off here.. Your account is set to a server, so you can't spread your characters like in WoW. However you can visit other servers for free. As far as we know now we will have total of 5 slots available, while being able to buy more in the in-game store.

Deleted
    The press beta had 5 character slots, but Anet has told us that this number is not final yet.

Even if it is 5 in the end I'm happy. 1 slot per race and if I need more I can always buy more slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    You're a bit off here.. Your account is set to a server, so you can't spread your characters like in WoW. However you can visit other servers for free. As far as we know now we will have total of 5 slots available, while being able to buy more in the in-game store.
    That is correct.

When you first log in the game, the first server you create on becomes your home server. Every character form that point will be created in that server, we suspect 5 will be for launch.

From the 5 characters in your home server you are able to freely visit any server you want the only limitations is you cannot partcipate in WvWvW.

If you want to change your home server, you must pay cash.*

(*Not confirmed yet, but we assume its that way. You might be able to pay with game currency but we doubt that.)
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

Deleted
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Freq...sked_Questions
    How many character slots are available to a brand new account?
    The number has not been finalized. However, as with Guild Wars, you will be able to buy more slots through the game store.
    At least in the press beta there were 5 character slots. It wouldn't surprise me if it was 5 to the release, and you can buy 3 more slots in the cash-shop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post

At least in the press beta there were 5 character slots. It wouldn't surprise me if it was 5 to the release, and you can buy 3 more slots in the cash-shop.
    yeah it would make sense that way. They are entitled to squeeze some money out of people who want everything. I do see it as how their payment model is affecting the standard game, but its not really suprising. Besides if the game is good enough they deserve the money. I will want all 8 classes myself, its just how i play (especially since the pvp will be available for unlevelled characters - my altoholic wet dream ) so I hope they are reasonably priced

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post

I doubt they'd limit the amount of extra slots you can buy, but yeah.
    Some people like having doubles of stuff. I had 2 85 warriors in WoW, and I don't like leveling in WoW nearly as much as I plan to in GW2.
    Last edited by Delias; 2012-02-29 at 07:07 PM.

Deleted
    Some people like having doubles of stuff. I had 2 85 warriors in WoW, and I don't like leveling in WoW nearly as much as I plan to in GW2.
    Original Guild Wars had around 28 character slots limitation.

I think that's quite enough for Guild Wars 2 at least.

Yeah I know what you mean.

In GW1 I have;

3 Warriors
    2 Monks
    2 Assassins
    4 Rangers (yes really)
    2 Ritualists
    2 Necromancers
    1 Dervish
    1 Elementalist
    1 Paragon
    1 Mesmer