Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Omg they make Dark soul spec dependent. Pls let the 3 options open for all specs...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrim View Post
    It's glorious but you know what? It's fucking just desserts for being shit on as tanks the entire Xpac.
    Let me rephrase that: because at some point during an expansion, DK tanks were worthless (and you're exaggerating that imo), they have the right to be overpowered? >_<
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    No, it differs. Holy Priests do not have "Meditation (400% mana yadayada), but they downgraded manacosts by a ton. Why mess things up?
    True enough actually. My mistake.

Guess they've changed their plans since now I'm also checking a lot of dps specs having their mana cost hammered to accommodate the lower mana pools that we have even now.

So I guess what's really happening is that they are giving some classes/specs the 400% bump, but leaving others with base mana & hammered mana costs. More I think of this I feel like this is temporary and they are still going with the 400% to all ideology. Right now it's just not implemented to all classes/specs just yet so they have to lower the mana costs to even make these classes playable in the Beta.

It also feels a bit weird that right now Holy priest would have less mana at level 90 than they do as level 85 on live. (Assuming Base mana being something like 100k at level 90.) This crunch doesn't really feel that awesome, even though I'm still losing mana with the approximately same rate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bumr View Post
    srsly ? dark intent only 5% SP and arcane brilliance 10% SP + 5% crit ?
    Totally fair IMO. You had exceptional buffs in Cata (10% SP + DI from a single lock) that change is way overdue if you ask me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronux View Post
    Omg they make Dark soul spec dependent. Pls let the 3 options open for all specs...
    That would be relatively silly since you would most likely just use the one anyways.
    Even if they would allow you to use them on shared cd you would only end up using one, possibly in rare cases two.

Mastery, Crit & Haste are so well specialization bound for Warlocks that you would not even consider the others in most cases.

---------- Post added 2012-03-27 at 05:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    Totally fair IMO. You had exceptional buffs in Cata (10% SP + DI from a single lock) that change is way overdue if you ask me.
    Most likely we'll see a balancing sweep here. Arcane Brilliance just feels a bit too awesome as it stands.

Deleted
    looking forward to getting to try all these out Some great changes being made here

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Since you no longer gain mana from intel, you need a talent so that a caster spec/class gets more than their base mana (which is 20k-ish at lvl 85).
    Thanks! After I read this, I must admit that I have already heard of that ;-)
    Last edited by losmarios; 2012-03-27 at 02:57 PM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Spell lock: No longer has a cooldown. lolwat?

Woo lock changed the void walker looks like a cool tank now, the imp can heal, and I can call the beholder gastly. I was hoping for more soul shard abilities, but this is beta, but I do have haunt back, but only lasts 8 seconds, but it has no cooldown...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I know Blood DKs did the highest DPS of all the tanks, but did that really warrant a 50% nerf to all 3 of our main abilities? That's a bit overkill and I'm hoping it gets tuned back up after they realize how drastic of a reduction that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Let me rephrase that: because at some point during an expansion, DK tanks were worthless (and you're exaggerating that imo), they have the right to be overpowered? >_<
    Yes. We were lacking necessary mitigation for the entire Xpac, so now that they finally admitted their mistake in design and made it so the heal can never miss, we end up overpowered. What Blood DKs are experiencing now is how Blood Tanking could have worked from the beginning if they had just had just listen to the million of posts on the forum. In truth, the developers are being incompetent twice (first by breaking it, then by overcompensating with the fix) but I prefer to see it more charitably as their way of apologizing.

And no, I am not exaggerating. At the start of Cata, it was essentially Warrior/Paladin/Druid mitigation: Take 70% of the incoming damage. DK mitigation: Take 100% of incoming damage, then one GCD later heal 15% back and get 15% shielding. Two big hits in a row might take a Warrior/Paladin/Druid dangerously low, but the odds were excellent that they would block/avoid either one or both. Two big hits in a row would kill a DK because they couldn't proc their mitigation until after getting hit the first time, and their damage balance was based around self-heal that could miss. The "proper" thing for DK tanks to do was to wait for a big hit before using their Death Strike to maximize the heal/shield. But that meant passing up a lot of steady minimum heal regen or blowing our one expensive 5m rune-reset cooldown. Plus, as I mentioned, it was far more likely for a healer to top a DK tank off with a mana wasting greater heal than to wait for them to Death Strike their health back up and then use a normal heal.

In Mists when every tank has to play the active mitigation game and not just gem/reforge to cap and enjoy permanent passive mitigation, it should make for a much more interesting comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by noobadrood View Post
    Nice moonkin changes! the benefits we already have are in a 3min cd (10% nature and arcane, because that was WAY overpowered, ofc), no longer base damage increase to spell damage, shooting stars only proccing from critical strikes...We lose any advantages we had, and only get an agility conversion. Blizzard could just delete the spec so all we can choose from is kitty, bear or tree, and stop nerfbatting us all the damn time. Good to know that sub rogues (so underperforming) and locks are receiving WONDROUS amounts of lovebuffin` YAAAARGHHHHHH
    Guess you have a hard time reading buddy, but the moonkin changes are awesome. They really took the weak points of current spec and addressed those. First the aoe in lunar seems like it got a huge buff. Hurricane turning into a lunar version of its self, as well as starfall's cooldown being reset once you hit lunar eclipse seems like a very elegant solution to the current eclipse aoe inequalities.

Secondly, I'm not sure exactly how it's intended to work, but it seems like if you were to cast just one sunfire/moonfire, you can roll that single cast through the entire fight seeing that your nukes refresh its duration. Coupled with the fact that you no longer need to cast a DoT to proc natures grace but instead just hit a new eclipse seems to support this idea as well. This does take away some of the complexity of the rotation, as knowing when to cast dots was something of a defining factor in your dps.

Also the simple fact that we have an actual cooldown (other than the pathetic spell which was force of nature) is exciting to me. It was literally the worst part of playing a boomkin, there was no big CD you could utilize to max dps during important parts of the fight besides controlling your eclipse state. The reverts on lunar shower are also a definent quality of life improvement, as the change in t12 was a huge miss on blizzards part (no one wanted that talent after the change).

One of the things that I'm interested to see on how it will pan out is starsurge granting 20 energy. This does a few things to how boomkins currently work. One, it wont allow for an extra eclipsed spell in lunar due to it now granting the same energy as starfire, and secondly for every two casts (euphoria procs should be counted as two casts) during solar it decreases the amount of time it takes to get lunar by one. Its sort of a role reversal. Instead of getting one more eclipsed spell in lunar, we have a chance to have one less uneclipsed cast in solar. Depending on the values of spells this could be a buff or a nerf, but it does seem as if we will (on average) get to eclipses faster than the current energy gain models (assuming the same haste and cast time values).

Overall, I see nothing but buffs for balance and any seeming 'nerfs' are counterbalanced by a buff. Please for the love of god, if you don't intimately know a spec, don't cry OMG GG BLIZZARD NERFING BOOMKINS AGAAAIIINNN!!!! You need to look at the spec as a big picture type deal and not how many new spells you get for the expansion

Seems to me that the Monks are going to be way overpowered in PVP.

Why would you buff priests when they are already as strong or stronger than plate wearers. Reduced all mana costs of all spells ROFL. Why would you reduce all rogues DMG attacks and still not give Rogues any offensive abilities for 2 expansions? Rogues aren't OP, its just people cry because they dont know how to play. They get stunned and they think its over or something lol. At 85 Rogues are anything but OP and you reduce all our dmg output ? What is the reasoning behind this and reducing interrupt times for everyone? Are you just making priests god mode on purpose or what?

No, it differs. Holy Priests do not have "Meditation (400% mana yadayada), but they downgraded manacosts by a ton. Why mess things up?
    Since all priest specs use mana, they will all have high base mana. Say it is 100k. Meanwhile, the other healing classes have specs that either don't use mana as a resource or are not heavily reliant on it. Say a shaman has 20k base mana so that Enhancement spec doesn't have a ridiculous mana pool. However, Restoration passively has a 400% increase to their mana pool, making their max mana equal to 100k. Same as the priest's.

Now, let's look at base mana costs of spells. Priest's Greater Heal is 6% of 100k base mana, or 6k mana cost. Shaman's Greater Healing Wave is 36% of 20k base mana, or 7200 mana cost. As you can see, these costs are very similar given that the spells aren't exactly identical and neither are the mana regen mechanics between the two classes.

Conclusion: these base mana cost adjustments make sense.

Deleted
    having a lolathon about this 1

LOL so all melee damage is reduced and casters get total buffed. Do you not realize how crazy that mage spell is and youre buffing theyre mana costs? lol that ability will allow mages 200% mana regen on top of 30% dmg at all times. says 2 runes on ground 10 sec cooldown lasts a minute lol. Whats reasoning behind nerfing interrupts and melee damage and buffing all casters? blizz wtf are you doing? are you centering everything around Monks so they can destroy everyone or what are you doing? fix the game. So i see blizz's reasoning is all melee are overpowered or something? rofl casters have it made so far. this crap better change.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirkhan View Post
    I only read: "Stance requirement gone" -.- WTF IS BLIZZ DOING WITH MY WARRIOR D: I love stancedancing, but what's next? STANCES GONE?!
    U love to make a macro once. thats what stance dance is lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravedinger View Post
    Why would you buff priests when they are already as strong or stronger than plate wearers. Reduced all mana costs of all spells ROFL. Why would you reduce all rogues DMG attacks and still not give Rogues any offensive abilities for 2 expansions? Rogues aren't OP, its just people cry because they dont know how to play. They get stunned and they think its over or something lol. At 85 Rogues are anything but OP and you reduce all our dmg output ? What is the reasoning behind this and reducing interrupt times for everyone? Are you just making priests god mode on purpose or what?
    If you can't do well as a rogue at 85 on live, you need to L2P. One of my 85s I play is a rogue and they are a bit over the top right now.
    And no new offensive ability....smokebomb. Learn to use it.

And priests require peels to do well. Shadow viable in a few comps. And disc isn't even the top healer.

Your whole post pretty much shows you do not know anything.
    Last edited by Freia; 2012-03-27 at 03:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priests t14; Contest for ugliest outfit??

The murky colouring, platish look, horns(??wtf??), scales, stiches (the more details the better, OR?). Jesus.. Big fat SIGH. What a mess. Worst I have ever seen.
    Its not the final product ya doucebag learn to read lol jeeeez