Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    you clearly missed where i said that the other mmos you named are more fun than wow now...however I personally find myself always going back to wow when the new mmo effect wears off. While it also is some rose tinted glasses effect on myself I 've yet to experience anything quite as fun AND challenging as TBC pve...keyword is and not or.
    No, subjective was the keyword.

As far as the LFD, it is needed, period. That is fact. I personally don't want cross realm, but same realm is absolutely needed. I have no problem with waiting an hour in a que in swtor as there's plenty of things to do while que'd. However when you sit there spamming channels as a marauder with rakata gear for something to do and no responses, or lfm for 1 tank and crickets happen..yea its time for a dungeon finder...There is NOTHING fun with sitting in a main hub and spamming channels praying to get a group. One hour in a que while doing dailys > 3 hours in the imperial fleet spamming for a hm group when my guild/friend tanks arent on.
    So a global channel would solve that issue on a populated server, again treat the disease not the symptoms, while a server only LFD system is a reasonable compromise how long do you think it will be out before there is a massive outcry for cross server, I give it less than a day my self.

Also you quoted the end part of my point. And that was that bioware promised a lot with the launch of swtor...its now going towards month four since release and the legacy system still isnt in the game(while it is on its way in 1.2 its still unknown when 1.2 will launch). No combat log still...anyways this is pointless. Im not saying you are wrong as its opinionated. I just don't think swtor will have a successful year that is my opinion and wierdly i think rift will last longer than it.
    That's fair enough, you are free to have what ever issues and opinions about the game, doesn't change that you stated it like some fact that no one would be able to make a better sub based game than WoW, again something that is subjective.

10+ Year Old Account
    dudes.
    - on my server there are ~40(let`s say 30 lv 50) active ppl on fleet at prime time.
    - there are SURELY more servers with the same situation.(I`ve checked: I have made lv 10 toons of 4 EU servers so that I can go on fleet and check the population. I can provide server names, if you want them.)
    - a "server-wide LFG" tool would NOT help for 80% of the servers that have under 50 population at prime time, can`t you realize that?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    40 level 50 players on at prime time, that's 10 flash point groups... seems like it'd work to me. Joking aside, I believe the issue would best be resolved by merging servers, and keeping the LFG server specific. Too much anonymity with Cross-realm LFG that allows people to lose all common decency, and treat others like garbage because they know it won't affect their gaming reputation, that there are no repercussions.

So the "80%" of underpopulated servers (I'd like to know where you got that number from), would have multiple issues resolved with server mergers. AND server specific LFG would work perfectly fine.
    Last edited by Deckon; 2012-04-01 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    dudes.
    - on my server there are ~40(let`s say 30 lv 50) active ppl on fleet at prime time.
    - there are SURELY more servers with the same situation.(I`ve checked: I have made lv 10 toons of 4 EU servers so that I can go on fleet and check the population. I can provide server names, if you want them.)
    - a "server-wide LFG" tool would NOT help for 80% of the servers that have under 50 population at prime time, can`t you realize that?
    Absolutely I agree. However a cross server lfg tool does NOTHING TO ADRESS TO THE SERVER POP ISSUE. All it does is mask the problem. FIX THE PROBLEM not the symptom. Everybody says they should learn from Blizzard, well in this one instance they can and should learn what not to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I don't understand the need for a dungeon finder. Seriously. Everything you essentially need is on fleet minus one or two things. Therefore, you will be spending the majority of your time on fleet looking for a group if a group is what you need. So if someone wants to group up with someone, they are on the fleet meeting someone. That is how you meet new people, make new friends, join a new guild, etc. A Dungeon Finder is just a button press and you sit there waiting for it to give you a group- you join said group and just go through the instance without talking to anyone or any interaction at all. I don't like the idea of a Dungeon Finder being implemented.

Sure I liked the quick way to get to an instance without having to spend 10 minutes flying there... but since everything is on fleet in TOR, there is no other need.
    Some people would rather be out and about while waiting for a group, instead of sitting in the fleet. Besides if its server only then you will still meet people, etc. It will actually be easier to meet people because all those who like to be out and about will be introduced to those people who just sit in the fleet, and if you meet someone cool you add them to your friends list, not like wows dungeon finder, where if you meet a cool person you never see them again.
    (and yes I know you can realID them, but who doesn't feel weird giving their full name to strangers?)

Also LFG tool will not fix server pop issues, the only real way to fix them are server mergers, which aren't going to be on the table at all, bioware would rather lose thousands of people(and probably are) due to low server pop before they merge servers, and get labeled as a dead game by every tool with an internet connection.
    Last edited by Wargon; 2012-04-01 at 08:35 AM.
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Wargon View Post

Also LFG tool will not fix server pop issues, the only real way to fix them are server mergers, which aren't going to be on the table at all, bioware would rather lose thousands of people(and probably are) due to low server pop before they merge servers, and get labeled as a dead game by every tool with an internet connection.
    It's fucking sad but that's exactly tight. The internet trolls have managed to punch their way up to the point where they actually have an influence. Why they're givin attention is beyond me but it's a sad reality that they are. I would hope BW would ignore them and do the right thing but it's not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by runbacker30 View Post
    Yes, they said it'll be in 1.3. It's in development. Server only though.
    Which is pretty much useless for all the dead servers out there. I had to leave my legacy and 3 50's behind and start over on a more populated server. I had planned on sticking it out till the dungeon finder was added but once I heard that it's server only I said fuck it and started all over.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Absolutely I agree. However a cross server lfg tool does NOTHING TO ADRESS TO THE SERVER POP ISSUE. All it does is mask the problem. FIX THE PROBLEM not the symptom. Everybody says they should learn from Blizzard, well in this one instance they can and should learn what not to do.
    The best way to improve activity for a game it to give people reason to log in, when you have to spend a hour to form a group you have no reason to log on to do a instance.

Blizzard biggest mistake is that removed the reason why people logged on in the first place, majority of the players didn't spend their time doing raids or arena, they spend time farming and grinding stuff to be able to do raids and arena.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    The best way to improve activity for a game it to give people reason to log in, when you have to spend a hour to form a group you have no reason to log on to do a instance.

Blizzard biggest mistake is that removed the reason why people logged on in the first place, majority of the players didn't spend their time doing raids or arena, they spend time farming and grinding stuff to be able to do raids and arena.
    Yea LFD did nothing to help that. Low pop servers in warcraft are still low pop servers. Azshara where I started is still a death trap. Merging servers is the best way to deal with it. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wargon View Post
    The game is pretty much dead. I have 2 lvl 50s ready to do some flashpoints and when I spammed for over an hour on both of them, there was literally nobody who replied. and this was at prime time. This game needs a cross-server LFG system or server merges, and until either happen, I don't see myself resubbing

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    The game is pretty much dead. I have 2 lvl 50s ready to do some flashpoints and when I spammed for over an hour on both of them, there was literally nobody who replied. and this was at prime time. This game needs a cross-server LFG system or server merges, and until either happen, I don't see myself resubbing
    It's not dead. Your server might be dead. But so what? If that were the only evidence I could offer than my crappy azshara server in warcraft would lead me to assume world of warcraft is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Yea LFD did nothing to help that. Low pop servers in warcraft are still low pop servers. Azshara where I started is still a death trap. Merging servers is the best way to deal with it. Simple as that.
    And what about mid population servers who also like to do instances?

Attracting players to realm X is a different story then to get people to log on every day.

And your argument makes no sense, why the hell would dungeon finder even increase the population of low population servers?

Deleted
    It wouldn't help with server population sizes at all. It's a feature that would be nice to have in SWTOR, but it isn't an essential one.

A dungeon finder won't help me to come back to the game, getting rid of bugs and implementing server transfer etc would be higher on my agenda if it were down to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    And what about mid population servers who also like to do instances?

Attracting players to realm X is a different story then to get people to log on every day.

And your argument makes no sense, why the hell would dungeon finder even increase the population of low population servers?
    It wouldn't but you seem to think it would improve activity on those servers. That's debatable and not what I was addressing at any rate. At most it would give people a button to press to form groups. People on high pop servers have plenty of activity to do already. Again the issue at the heart of this is lower pop servers. Correct the cause not the symptom.

"Group Finder" is scheduled to be released in 1.3, please do some research before crying next time.

Do not reply to a thread or post simply to insult. -Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-04-01 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    "Group Finder" is scheduled to be released in 1.3, please do some research before crying next time.

Do not reply to a thread or post simply to insult. -Cula
    Doesn't do you much good when people have already bailed waiting on basic MMO features. By the time 1.3 hits MoP, Diablo 3, GW2, Secret World, and who know what else will be out. They had a finite window to grab peoples attention, they may have already blown that chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Doesn't do you much good when people have already bailed waiting on basic MMO features. By the time 1.3 hits MoP, Diablo 3, GW2, Secret World, and who know what else will be out. They had a finite window to grab peoples attention, they may have already blown that chance.
    Not likely. Diablo 3 will be out but that's about it. None of those other games have hard release dates (SW? not sure) and 1.3 will have less turn over time than 1.1-1.2. The delay between 1.1 and 1.2 will be about 4 months assuming 1.2 comes out at the end of april. The developers states that the turn around time will be alot less ( ath the guild summit) so we could see 1.3 by june or july. Have we had a release date announced for MoP? or gw2? or secret world? Gw2 and Mop just went into Beta. Not sure about secret world.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-04-01 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I think the simple fact that so many people are arguing about dungeon finder should prove that it is not a "basic" feature.

And wtf is Secret World? Never even heard of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    You guys so set against it really enjoy waiting around for an hour or more to get a group together?
    It makes no difference. Ever played WoW and queued as DPS in the LFD? That takes an hour. In TBC, I could get a working group together for Heroic Steam Vaults within 20 minutes give or take as DPS. I'm fine with the LFD for lower levels, in fact, I think for lower level dungeons in WoW it should be encouraged. But once you reach the cap you should have to learn how to make a group manually and have to fly to the actual instance. A world without LFD is a more alive world, anyone who experienced the full berth of TBC compared to Wrath will attest to this.
    Scratch a cynic and you'll find a disappointed idealist - George Carlin (1937-2008)

Whether you like it or hate it LFD is starting to become a standard part of MMOs that people expect to be in at the start. No point in fighting against it.