Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BLCalliente View Post
    Anybody can be a racist. To say otherwise is silly.
    He's not saying they can't be racists, he's saying that society-at-large gives black people a pass on racism.

If a known white supremacist had issued a bounty on the black killer of a white teen, he'd be on trial for war crimes by now.

Imagine if George Lucas or Steven Spielberg had tweeted a black George Zimmerman's address...

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people are quick to cry racism when things aren't going the way they like. It is sad that there are people with that backwards kind of thinking... Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson to name some of those who like to say everything negative that happens is because they're black.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    Some people are quick to cry racism when things aren't going the way they like. It is sad that there are people with that backwards kind of thinking... Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson to name some of those who like to say everything negative that happens is because they're black.
    If Al and Jessie didnt do that, they wouldnt have a job. They have kids to feed too, ya know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo View Post
    Explain why black people are allowed to call each other nig*ers please.
    They're "allowed" to because its their subculture, but I don't allow it in my classroom.

You're also channelling some serious "white anger" and statistically it is completely unnecessary, as these laws are plasters over serious problems, not knife-gouging divides of racial tension. Unless you irrationally make it so.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    If you search my posts in this topic I left a few links regarding it.
    Those images are pretty disappointing. I got it better now, thnx to you, but this is still not a racist act in my opinion. I recalled The Help(was it?) movie.

Explain why black people are allowed to call each other nig*ers please.
    that's one thing I didn't get as well. If it's such insult why do they call themselves n*****??

However, I think a racist black person is practically impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    They're "allowed" to because its their subculture
    what do you mean with subculture? calling eachother as n****** is their culture? I doubt it.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-04-04 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    Fried chicken is awesome. So is watermelon. I've really never understood the stereotype. It's like pointing at someone and yelling, "LOL YOU LIKE BACON!" Well...yah, actually, I do. Why, do you have some bacon?
    OH SO YOU THINK I LIKE BACON JUST BECAUSE I'M HALF METIS!? That's racist! Everyone's racist!

EDIT:

Explain why black people are allowed to call each other n###### please.
    Fixt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    They're "allowed" to because its their subculture, but I don't allow it in my classroom.
    Now I see! When someone other than their ethnicity says it, it is racism, but when someone within their ethnicity says it, it is "subculture". Hogwash. It's arguments / beliefs like this that feed the problem - which on its face is itself racism. It's certainly arguable that fried chicken and watermelon are part of their subculture as well - of which others have said, "So what?"

15+ Year Old Account
    "racism" is being thrown out there too much cause people get "offended" too much. Stereotypes are technically racism in the meaning of the word - but most of it is used to make jokes, and you should be able define a joke from something meant serious. So in short - most racism would go away if people stopped getting offended so easily. Ofc. the real racism with seperate schools, busses and similar is another matter.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was accused of being racist for knowing more about black history than the blacks in my class. It's a crutch for people to cover their own ignorance.

A stereotype can be true.

It's a wound that this country is still healing from. Your argument's valid, it's just not easily hand-waved away at this point. Not yet. Hopefully in my kids' generation.
    This is the problem. "Maybe the next generation will just let it go, but for now let's keep that pendulum swinging."

The ad doesn't even have the words "racism" or "racist" in it. The only person bringing racism into the equation is the person who started this thread. It's truly a glorious display of irony. You decry people for bringing up racism, when YOU brought it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    The point is, that in the world of political correctness, it's not that bad if a black person spouts something racist as it is if a white person does it. In other words, black people "can't" be racists.

Sure, but people in general do not take that seriously. But if the victim is any special group, then it's the end of the world and every human rights or UN organization needs to come and solve it.
    Oh please, black Americans are the first and worst to scream racism. You dont see white people naming their music channels WET, nor creating websites called whitepeoplemeet.com. Yet black americans are allowed to do this kinda crap all the time. But if a white person does it, its racist. Well thats crap!!! Most black in America are raised by their parents to be to be racist, because their idiot parents were taught the same thing by their idiot parents because of slavery in america. But lets talk about slavery in general. Black enslaved their own and countless other races for thousands of years before they caused the demise of their own empires in Africa. Read your history and know it, before you jump the forums giving praise to black americans who have made their own lives what it is today. Do you see any of them paying retribution for the thousands od Jews they enslaved for thousands of years? Hell No you dont!!So lets crank this crap up. Someone needs to pull the blackpeoplemeet.com site down and BET needs to change its dam name. If not then when a white person does it, black people needs to shut their dam mouths!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a broad assumption. In order to establish racism being perpetrated against you, you need more cause than your supposed opinion. When you go ask for this social housing, are you told "Go away whitey, non-whites get it first"? That's racism.
    Considering that many governmentally supported institutions practice affirmative action, would that even be surprising? If it's OK or even good to give minorities a leg up in, say, education, how could you make the case against it for housing assistance?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by devinelvin View Post
    Oh please, black Americans are the first and worst to scream racism.
    I don't think you got my point. Black people are as much racist if not more than white people. The difference is that it's so much more socially acceptable for them to be that, than whites. Thus, society seldom labels blacks that spew racism as actual racists, while doing it to white people much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwolfe View Post
    I was accused of being racist for knowing more about black history than the blacks in my class. It's a crutch for people to cover their own ignorance.

And i would definitely agree with the crunch. No your not racist, you just educated yourself. And there is nothing wrong with that at all. Some would say the same about me, but education does not make a man racist at all. As a matter of fact everyone needs to know their history (correctly)

Some of the best fried chicken I have ever had was from this mom and pop restaurant with maybe 3 tables. The lady was black. Big deal.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by devinelvin View Post
    Oh please, black Americans are the first and worst to scream racism. You dont see white people naming their music channels WET, nor creating websites called whitepeoplemeet.com. Yet black americans are allowed to do this kinda crap all the time. But if a white person does it, its racist. Well thats crap!!! Most black in America are raised by their parents to be to be racist, because their idiot parents were taught the same thing by their idiot parents because of slavery in america. But lets talk about slavery in general. Black enslaved their own and countless other races for thousands of years before they caused the demise of their own empires in Africa. Read your history and know it, before you jump the forums giving praise to black americans who have made their own lives what it is today. Do you see any of them paying retribution for the thousands od Jews they enslaved for thousands of years? Hell No you dont!!So lets crank this crap up. Someone needs to pull the blackpeoplemeet.com site down and BET needs to change its dam name. If not then when a white person does it, black people needs to shut their dam mouths!!!
    First of all, I just want to point out the hilarity of someone trying to argue against what they see as racism while telling us how ALL black people are idiots that act a certain way.

Second of all, white is not a distinct ethnic group in America. It's too broad. Black is a distinct ethnic group. Whites have many little ethnic groups contained within, such as the Irish and Italians. There ARE white pride parades. They are called the St. Patricks Day parade and the Columbus Day parade. Both of those celebrate a distinctly white heritage, and nobody complains, because there is a clear ethnic lineage there to justify it. "White" as a generality does not have this though, while "black" does. Black Americans have a deep, long, rich heritage that is culturally unifying. White Americans simply don't, so any declaration of "white pride" is clearly a distinct call for racial divisions, while "black pride" is not necessarily that (although sometimes it is) and is usually just a celebration of ethnic heritage like Irish pride. Having a BET is like having an Irish Entertainment Television or an Italian Entertainment Television, which nobody would really complain about.

It sounds like you're playing the victim, while at the same time accusing black people of playing it. Doesn't add up.
    More often than not, the ostensibly noble goal of elevating some comes at the cost of others. Like colleges that have shown preferential treatment for certain races... someone gets turned down to make a spot. That is one of the problems with AA and trying to "make up" for the negatives of racism.