Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If a guild is so stuck up that they require rules like that, I don't see anyone flocking to join them. They're going against what the game wants to happen: community being built.
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    If a guild is so stuck up that they require rules like that, I don't see anyone flocking to join them. They're going against what the game wants to happen: community being built.
    I'm in fact gonna go this far: if I join a guild, and they come up with that rule after the fact, my response will be "Peace out, yo" in guild chat, and then /gquit (or the GW2 approximation).
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I'm in fact gonna go this far: if I join a guild, and they come up with that rule after the fact, my response will be "Peace out, yo" in guild chat, and then /gquit (or the GW2 approximation).
    Exactly. It's extremely immature of any guild to ask something like that. Back to the sports analogy, it's like a team requiring you to sign a pact that you can't root for another team even if yours gets knocked out of the playoffs. Or root for another team in a separate sport in general. It's childish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by u9k13tjc View Post
    Some people will always want to empire build to stoke their epeen, they fear losing control.
    I'm honestly convinced that control freaks are becoming more and more common as humanity evolves, and it is truly disturbing.

Vittoria agli Assassini!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your guild is a fun place to be, and people enjoy it, you dont need exclusivity rules to keep people logging on and representing you.
    You sir, get a cookie. I was just about to say that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly convinced that control freaks are becoming more and more common as humanity evolves, and it is truly disturbing.

Vittoria agli Assassini!
    i smell templars... time to switch back to the original avatar?
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Guilds are groups of people. I find it natural to belong to more than one group. If one of these groups say that they dont like you to play with others to me it sounds like kindergarten stuff.
    "no beards on female dwarves = ruined roleplay experience"

10+ Year Old Account
    See, free cookies would get me representing a guild....no need for "rules", offer incentives
    Excellent. Everything is falling into place...

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Excellent. Everything is falling into place...
    Mif, I see you behind the scenes there

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Mif, I see you behind the scenes there
    quick, behind the curtain!

The Original Ganksta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    Many people want to be part of something (exclusive) , I wouldn't be so sure about people not flocking to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Drama doesn't come from a feature; it comes from dramatic people.
    thanks for pointing that out very true.

gw2's system offers flexibility, that is all. If you want to represent one guild, thats fine, if you want to join 3, thats fine too. And guild leaders are free to make their own rules.

---------- Post added 2012-05-07 at 11:16 PM ----------

More like a Miami Heat fan, a Seattle Mariners fan and a Greenbay Packers fan.
    maybe its just that you are a football fan, a baseball fan and a basketball fan? (getting a little lost with american sport metaphors)
    Last edited by mmoc47607dc526; 2012-05-07 at 10:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    maybe its just that you are a football fan, a baseball fan and a basketball fan?
    Thus the point of the metaphor. Saying you can only be in one guild is like being told you're only allowed to watch one sport, despite being a fan of other sports.

Deleted
    Thus the point of the metaphor. Saying you can only be in one guild is like being told you're only allowed to watch one sport, despite being a fan of other sports.
    Ah I suspected that was your point, but im from england, so didnt really understand it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    Ah I suspected that was your point, but im from england, so didnt really understand it
    You can be a fan of soccer, rugby, and hockey all at the same time!

Meh i don't see a problem here... people who support building a strong sense of reliability within their guild will join guilds/make guilds that have restriction rules. People who don't want have their wings clipped and want to freelance everywhere can join multiple guilds that DON'T have the rule... From what I've heard so far there will be both types of guilds so whats the point on saying the other isn't allowed? I personally will be joining a guild with restrictions because I like logging in and having a bunch of people who I can rely on and know me rather than a bunch of anonymous kiddies. However I see the benefits of having multiple guilds so I'm not going to say HURR MULTIPLE GUILDS IS FOR ANONYMOUS ASSHOLES but neither is saying HURR GUILDS THAT HAVE RULES ARE INFRINGING ON MY VIRTUAL RIGHTS LET ME CHEAT WHEN FOLLOWING EM... Simple fact is you join the guild you like and that fits your personal play style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chodeman View Post
    Meh i don't see a problem here... people who support building a strong sense of reliability within their guild will join guilds/make guilds that have restriction rules. People who don't want have their wings clipped and want to freelance everywhere can join multiple guilds that DON'T have the rule... From what I've heard so far there will be both types of guilds so whats the point on saying the other isn't allowed? I personally will be joining a guild with restrictions because I like logging in and having a bunch of people who I can rely on and know me rather than a bunch of anonymous kiddies. However I see the benefits of having multiple guilds so I'm not going to say HURR MULTIPLE GUILDS IS FOR ANONYMOUS ASSHOLES but neither is saying HURR GUILDS THAT HAVE RULES ARE INFRINGING ON MY VIRTUAL RIGHTS LET ME CHEAT WHEN FOLLOWING EM... Simple fact is you join the guild you like and that fits your personal play style.
    Vittoria agli Assassini!
    Nulla è reale, tutto è lecito!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    entertained you used miami heat in an example about loyalty after the whole thing lebron did just to leave Cleveland...
    What the hell do I know about US Basketball teams. I used to about 15 years ago lol. I actually had to google the names . I was just trying to give an example that everyone would understand, thats all. ^^

OT: I thought writing in other languages besides english is restricted in these forums?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    OT: I thought writing in other languages besides english is restricted in these forums?
    Aww, but it's a reference to Assassin's Creed. :<

It's just not the same if I say it in English.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww, but it's a reference to Assassin's Creed. :<

It's just not the same if I say it in English.
    according to drake the no other guild people are templars...
    The Original Ganksta