"WoW is dying! WoW is dying! Subs down! WoW is gonna die!"

>still 10.2 mil

Win...just win.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

UNANNOUNCED MMO.... Pretty sure next blizzcon will feature Titan as the main focus, next wow xpac, and D3 first xpac.....we wont see a lot about SC2 third xpac since HotS will maybe release in winter 2013 afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddycen View Post
    Well, World is dead in World of warcraft
    now it's world of instantcraft where you hang around in one major city and get everything handed over.
    I've always hated this attitude, if you don't want to get things handed to you then...do it yourself? Actually do raids and do stuff with your guild? nothing is stopping you. Also if you don't want to hang in a major city then go do stuff while you're qued.
    Video games and the female audience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ZVZRsy8N8

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    For PvE maybe. You are forgetting that isn't the only aspect in the game.

Blizzard might not have been putting that much effort into PvP lately, but as it is on beta there is absolutely no way ever they will let it go live like that.
    There is much to be done. August would be possible, but any sooner is far too optimistic.
    Im sure they have a updated internal build, im not saying you have never been in other beta's but coming from someone who has i can tell you that what your playing on the beta servers is not what Blizzard has for internal testing.

What your doing in the beta is testing things that they need more feedback on for there internal testing like numbers or mechanics and bugs, which are great to report and give feedback on don't get me wrong but are probably already fixed in there internal build.

That said July/August would be my guess as well, June would be great but is a very optimistic guess especially considering they have normally given at least a months notice (If not more) in the past before release after beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    MoP:

Laughing at addiction when addiction is the sole reason a huge majority of people are playing is probably more laughable than the addiction itself. People grow attached to their characters, to their achievements, to their friends, to their guild, to their server, to the lore of the game, and this is a totally natural concept. A game is generally built to render you addict to it.
    Having had REAL addiction, to substances, in my life, I laugh at anyone claiming to be addicted to a video/computer game and I do it without the slightest of guilt . I've played games since the age of 9 and despite my genes and my surroundings, I've never gotten anywhere close to feeling addicted.

As said before, you don't enjoy the game, you don't pay for it nor spend time in it. It's that simple. Friends? There's skype and there's e-mail and there's even IRL meetings to be had. Lore? Oh please...you ENJOY the lore, you don't become addicted to it. "OMG I can't stop reading this book, I'm ADDICTED but I hate it D:"...

I'm sorry, but your posts just make me see someone who's hellbent on bashing a game and trying to make him/herself out to be the victim of it, making him/herself look like a fool instead.

WoW is fine, it's just a game and people can choose to play it or not. That simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I didn't say it's bad that it's different, it just won't cater to everyone. Are you really so blinded in your fandom that you won't realize this? People tend to call GW2 the future of mmorpgs and the second coming, but it's not. It's different, but it's not everything and whilst some will love it, others won't ever bother with it. I enjoyed it, but it's not better than WoW in my book. And I'm not sure what sort of "people" I belong to...I play and enjoy WoW and other games, I will play GW2 (pre-purchase)...so yeah, your logic is weird.

I don't get your "Guild wars 2. Nough said"...makes me question your reason to post really, if you're maybe just trying to flamebait. Am I supposed to agree? I don't. WoW, MoP, D3, GW2 as a casual game on the side...nough said. That's my future in games.
    I never once thought GW2 will be successful without any doubts what so ever, as I just posted just now on another post in this thread, I love the game so far, but I am waiting until it actually launches to see how it does. If it is successful which I have high hopes for than yay, if not then thats that, not going to cry over a game failing. So no I am not blinded by my fandom, just find the game better than WoW for ME and my personal opinion of the game. No game is the second coming, GW2 is simply another game for the genre, it is being done differently than the norm and that is a great thing since that is what the genre needs, whether it is GW2 or some future game that delivers on the different style of game.

And actually yes, it was meant as a poke with a stick at blizz ayers, and I am finding the reaction to it really interesting. Especially since out of the entire thread, it seems that is the only thing they have read. So TYVM

i guessed there would be an increase. as i said i would be shocked if the subs went down. havent had login queues since cata release and now i sometimes bump into them.

Whoopeee people are still gonna bitch.

Pretty alright though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moomurr View Post
    Not really the same thing tho. They have a tangible number from the AP and if they count them as pre orders then they will count them as sales. I guess it just seem to me that blizzard are pretty disingenuous when it comes to numbers.
    WoW is overly profitable though, enough that the profits from this game can fund development of their other games, so saying that AP "sales" of Diablo 3 are actual sales isn't that far of a stretch, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankennoob View Post
    How dare they include fantastic and mysterious wonders in my fantasy game? All the graphics and story just get in the way of my enjoying optimizing the spreadsheet that defines my character.
    [G] [Ravenwake]: I been loot mastered by kerf for so long, I dont know any other way? is it abuse? is it love? who can tell
    Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 am // Symara: I'll tell them Chuck Norris wears Kerfanna Pyjamas.

Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    Woah, new F2P game from Blizzard AND a new MMORPG.

Interested, I am.
    They are makin Blizzard DOTA a standalone game on the SC2 engine...at first it was only supposed to be a map lol.

meh i expected a small loss of say 100-300k but stable is even bettter

Quote Originally Posted by Caelheim View Post
    Well, this pretty much proves the theory that the Annual Pass was a clever trick in order to keep the number of active subscribers up. I'd be curious to know the amount of players who have the Annual Pass and actively play. I suspect many got it purely for the sake of entering the MoP beta and for Diablo 3.
    Never understood people who saw the AP as a "trick"...I'm really concerned about our school systems...seriously....these kids just are not ready for RL.

Quote Originally Posted by Finally Finally View Post
    I'm so glad their subscriptions are stable.
    I loved WoW, but I just stopped loving it. I wanted to keep loving it, I just didn't.

I feel like I've been spending the last year going back and forth with my ex-girlfriend, with her telling me she loved me and wanted me back, but changing herself in all the wrong ways. I still love her, and I know she's great, but we're just not right for each other anymore. Now she finally found a great new boyfriend, and I'm happy for her. And now I can move on without thinking that she should even be trying to get me back.

Sincerest best wishes to all of you still playing. I hope it lasts forever!
    I can honestly say that I've never looked at games this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    ppl are so blinded by their own fandom that they cant accept that WoW is done.
    other mmo's are better but they still stuck to wow cuz thats all they know and thats where their time and money was spent in.
    seriously why pay to play a sucky ass mmo if theres one even better for free? and if you do have the money to burn theres a better option than wow in swotor, rift and tera.
    I disagree but also agree with this.

Disagree in that WoW is done, WoW is only done when blizz literally pulls the plugs on the servers.
    I agree in that alot of people play the game because they would rather play a game they invested so long in over a new game, even if that game is slightly better than w/e game they invested their time in, it was the same back in EQ days. People are always hesitant when it comes to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post
    lol of course it's stable...they tricked a million users with the annual pass to stop bleeding subs.........
    Not hardly.. I was gonna play for the next year with or without the AP.. the AP made total sense to me since I know I like the diablo games and the mop beta was just the icing.. Don't presume to speak for me about my motivation to sign up for the AP. I still love the game and what I have seen of MOP so far that isn;t going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldragon View Post
    And about brazilian numbers? I'm curious to see how many people started to play after blizzard came to Brazil.
    I don't think it was that gigantic increase, most brazilians were already playing

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Having had REAL addiction, to substances, in my life, I laugh at anyone claiming to be addicted to a video/computer game and I do it without the slightest of guilt . I've played games since the age of 9 and despite my genes and my surroundings, I've never gotten anywhere close to feeling addicted.

As said before, you don't enjoy the game, you don't pay for it nor spend time in it. It's that simple. Friends? There's skype and there's e-mail and there's even IRL meetings to be had. Lore? Oh please...you ENJOY the lore, you don't become addicted to it. "OMG I can't stop reading this book, I'm ADDICTED but I hate it D:"...

I'm sorry, but your posts just make me see someone who's hellbent on bashing a game and trying to make him/herself out to be the victim of it, making him/herself look like a fool instead.

WoW is fine, it's just a game and people can choose to play it or not. That simple.
    you are one sick individual and i feel sorry for you. how about you educate yourself before going off and spouting venom on the internet with the cloak of anonymity
    http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode...addiction-pt.1

uhm the AP is basically a 1 year SUBSCRIPTION with free d3 and mop beta access on the sides...(and a cool exclusive mount 8>) so ofc annual passes count as regular subscribers.... trying to talk it down is just pure holding on to straws....

Quote Originally Posted by thrill View Post
    The fact that these include china subs, (which are billed by the minute, and made up roughly half of total subscriptions last time they broke it down, which was years ago), makes the numbers blizzard puts out pretty meaningless.
    We will talk about it when we have swtor number with asia (they just entered there in april)