Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Bumping to first page

Deleted
    I wonder why Heroic Rath'rak and ultraxion off-hand isnt mentioned because its the second best choice after legendary? :O

Deleted
    Maybe for 2+ target fights.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if I am wrong on this one - but Lightning Rod is not BiS (no legendary). Admittedly the stats of Lightning Rod are better than that of the main hand and offhand but that does not outweigh the dot it puts on. For a boomkin: the proc scales with our Solar Eclipse damage also, making the weapon better for us then any other class.

It is really dependant on the fight though, e.g. For Madness I think that weapon is extremely good for the spellweave procs it gives (lightning rod gives 0 extra procs). Especially when it comes to adds. dotting the adds, and pre-using starfall (prevents gcd loss) before the parasite drops in cohesion with 3 mushrooms and hurricane can proc extreme amounts of procs. As the weapon can also proc from any damage and the ICD is quite short, it is nearly guarenteed to proc from one of these damage sources.

In addition to this I cant emphasise enough the fact enough that for high AoE, A Boomkin will be in Solar Eclipse. This means not only will mushroom damage be increased but also the weapon proc. This is great for things such as Yor'sahj's adds as when you are planting mushrooms and multi-dotting you are likely to get another one of these procs.

It is also good for Ulraxion as you cannot damage in the other realm, yet your dots can, This is not a big deal however because if you know what your doing you'll be spending 0.3 - 0.5 seconds in the twilight realm.

This is what I recommend:
    Ranthrak the Poisonous Mind(416)
    Ledger of Revolting Rituals(410)

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 12:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by narzhul View Post
    Are these the final BiS sets or are items being changed? Is the 5 piece heroic set worth taking or is it better switching 1 offset piece?
    The best offpiece to take is the Chest (Restoration Tier Chest).

Deleted
    Just need the morchok neck now for my bis. Thanks for list

Quote Originally Posted by Kezuu View Post
    ...Especially when it comes to adds. dotting the adds, and pre-using starfall (prevents gcd loss) before the parasite drops in cohesion with 3 mushrooms and hurricane can proc extreme amounts of procs. As the weapon can also proc from any damage and the ICD is quite short, it is nearly guarenteed to proc from one of these damage sources.
    Wait...I thought the verdict in that other thread was that Hurricane does not proc Spellweave.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Wait...I thought the verdict in that other thread was that Hurricane does not proc Spellweave.
    This is right, Hurricane does not proc Spellweave at all. Dots, Mushrooms and Typhoon however do.

Quote Originally Posted by Midru View Post
    I wonder why Heroic Rath'rak and ultraxion off-hand isnt mentioned because its the second best choice after legendary? :O
    it could be now.. at the time of writing H:LR was... if thats changed, id be happy to update.
    tbh, i havent kept up with this list as far as weapons go...

Originally, WCalcs didn't account for the proc. Since that was changed, Rath consistently shows as the strongest option for the respective difficulty, and i got similar results in SimC.

Only downside is that you don't really need it by the time you can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    it could be now.. at the time of writing H:LR was... if thats changed, id be happy to update.
    tbh, i havent kept up with this list as far as weapons go...
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...0.4097.0.71881

46int, 197spell power and proc damage

Vs

142hit, 173 haste

Even single target I lean towards dagger rather than staff.

Dagger > staff hands down

I've found that Reg Rathrak with H Ledger was a great combo, till I got Heroic Vagaries from Morchock, I used that with H Ledger forever until I just recently got the Legendary. The nice thing about Rath and Vagaries was I had my reforging set up so that I could swap them without changing hit cap (no spirit on either) and use Rath on Yorsaj or fights with quite a few adds, and switch to Vagaries for the other fights, which was higher dps for single target. The calcs I did with Rawr indicated that H Rath was best for me outside of the legendary. Still rockin the LFR version of WoB, so hoping to get that upgrade some day.

Also, someone had posted earlier in the thread that Dragonwrath was doing about 8% of their damage. I'm only seeing it do about 2% - 3% (Wrath of Tarecgosa) of my damage on Recount. Anyone else seeing something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by brinohm View Post
    I've found that Reg Rathrak with H Ledger was a great combo, till I got Heroic Vagaries from Morchock, I used that with H Ledger forever until I just recently got the Legendary. The nice thing about Rath and Vagaries was I had my reforging set up so that I could swap them without changing hit cap (no spirit on either) and use Rath on Yorsaj or fights with quite a few adds, and switch to Vagaries for the other fights, which was higher dps for single target. The calcs I did with Rawr indicated that H Rath was best for me outside of the legendary. Still rockin the LFR version of WoB, so hoping to get that upgrade some day.

Also, someone had posted earlier in the thread that Dragonwrath was doing about 8% of their damage. I'm only seeing it do about 2% - 3% (Wrath of Tarecgosa) of my damage on Recount. Anyone else seeing something similar?
    the "Wrath of Tarecgosa" that you see on your recount/World of Logs is strictly DoT damage. Since proc'd DoT damage is Arcane it can't just be added to your DoT totals. The procs you get from starfall, starsurge, wrath, and starfire just show up as extra counts of each since they are not considered arcane damage.

I think the poster was a tad misleading, unless you physically count all your starfall, starsurge wrath and starfire counts and then subtract that from the total to see how many extra procs you got it's very hard to say "legendary did X amount of my total damage". I could be wrong but what i think he meant to say was Dragonwrath has given him an 8% dps increase, which would seem more plausible. However i'm pretty sure Dragonwrath gives alot more than 8%, I gained about 6K single target dps when I got my legendary which is roughly a 20% increase.
    Last edited by Skyepic; 2012-05-14 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brinohm View Post
    All spells(including the instant portion of Moonfire) except DoTs get copied wholesale, which ends up as them not showing up in any discernible manner. You simply fire the exact same spell again instantly at no cost and with no regard to whether you're currently casting. This is most easily noticed when casting Starfire, as you will cast two SFs back to back in an impossibly short timeframe for them to be cast normally.
    Downside is they don't have any special notice in Recount or other CLog addons or on WoL, they simply appear as an additional cast of the copied spell. You'd have to compare the number of casts you did to the number of spells that landed to find out how many procs you got.

DoTs on the other hand, only the damage of the tick that procs the staff gets copied. These DoT procs are what shows up as Wrath of Tarecgosa. This also means that procs that are based on DoT ticks do not proc from copied ticks as they are not actually the same spell, unlike the direct damage spells.

Also of note is that "Rain" type spells like Blizzard and Hurricane are not considered DoTs by the proc; if it procs from a tick, all targets take an additional tick of damage that shows up as the parent spell.
    This is also true for shrooms.
    Last edited by huth; 2012-05-15 at 04:10 PM.

Bump cause of the gear threads starting to show up again

updated the wowhead profile with current gems (long overdue)
    changed second weapon to rathrak and ledger (long overdue)

still seems to be errors on the wowhead comparison in terms of the stats... maybe ive done something wrong, but i cant see it...if you can, let me know

anyway... hopefully everyone is near finishing their gear set (still after rings and neck myself )!
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2012-07-08 at 02:35 PM.

Actually getting a bit bored after finishing two weeks ago(stupid spine trinkets, drop! Warriors don't need you anymore), though i'd still like CotC for happy fun times.

Oh well, hopefully MoP won't take much longer, things are starting to get stale. Also, riding in 'kin, can't wait!