Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    Seriously is that what we will be forced to use just to get by with a melee?
    Certianly not. you can by all means farm hell act 4 and pony. you are not "forced" to play inferno.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskmourne View Post
    If no one could play inferno at all, without using drops from act 3 and 4? To the point that "world first" inferno diablo never happened and no one ever progressed beyond act one inferno?

It would be a PR nightmare.
    In my experience reading mmo-champ forums, there are only two perspectives: either that the content is too hard, or that it is too easy. How rare is it to find someone who posts to say they think it's just right?? And many people consider it too easy the moment anyone beats it, even if that person is one of a handfull of top players in the world.

Personally I like the challenge. I don't need to blast through the final difficulty less than 3 weeks from the game's release. Melee is clearing inferno right now, and in time so will I. But it's already being nerfed.

I like that I had geared my Barb to the point that Act1 inferno felt pretty easy, then I got to act two and had my ass handed to me by the first pack of wasps. That was good. It gives me something to keep playing for. With the upcoming nerf, the mobs in act 2, 3 & 4 will hit for less. Where I had been struggling in act 2 and farming gold to improve my stats, now I'll breeze through, effectively making the game shorter for me. And my gold and lucky drops will be worth less when everyone can just breeze through the final act's "hardest" difficulty level.

For the people who for some reason feel the classes need to be "balanced" (although really... why??), all I ask is that Blizz increase difficulty for ranged classes, but please leave the challenge high for melee. Otherwise it's just going to shorten the life of the game and make the experience of beating it less rewarding when we finally do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    I don't understand why melee needs to be buffed at all, or have higher loot drops, or why they require anything that remotely resembles making the game easier.

It's fucking Inferno Diablo. It's Dark/Demon Souls hard. It's Super Meat Boy hard. It's Mario The Lost Levels hard.

Why is that bad?
    I didn't say they need to be buffed. Was just a suggestion how to help melee get started, since it seems to be the theme of this thread but honestly, there are so many melee players doing really well in inferno that makes me question if they need any kind of buffing.

OT: lost levels were hard?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    A shitload of luck apparently. About 80% of the items I found in Nightmare and Hell were lvl 25. How am I supposed to upgrade my character with that?
    My Barbarian who is in Hell act 2 now still has a lot of lvl 25 items simply because I don't find anything.
    Well, you don't need any upgrades when you only play in the sub-tier of the game. Inferno's where you'd want those upgrades, and if you save your gold, you'll have enough to purchase those pieces off the AH.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    I didn't say they need to be buffed. Was just a suggestion how to help melee get started, since it seems to be the theme of this thread but honestly, there are so many melee players doing really well in inferno that makes me question if they need any kind of buffing.

OT: lost levels were hard?
    Well, Miyamoto thought they were too hard for American audiences, which is why we got (the still awesome) Mario Bros. 2 in its known form instead.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    The simple solution would be to nerf ranged a bit, or to add an AoE damage function to certain mobs, but most of the complainers just want Barb/Monk buffed so they can faceroll Inferno 3 weeks after release...
    why would a nerf to range even be waranted, as a range past act 1 inferno its mostly a one shot even with defensive stats, as a meele once you get a decent amount of defensive stats then mostly its a cake walk bar the troublesome combos, as a range you need the damage because half the time you will do little damage as your kiting, what they need to do is tone the damage from the mobs slightly so you cant get one shot.

i dont mind getting hit hard if i mess up but the mobs should only take you down to like 10% in one hit so there is at least a chance to recover.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2012-06-07 at 04:23 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    What the hell would farming Hell accomplish? The drops there suck. I have been farming 5-6 hours a day for the last week and only have 5 million gold. I guess 20 more million and I can move on to Act II. Im willing to put in the time but why should i when ranged can drop next to nothing on the AH and solo with no problems. This isnt a MMO where there are tanks and healers and certain classes or specs cant solo as well as others. All classes in this game should have equal solo ablitiy. I dont have RL friends to play with and most public groups are just fail. So I solo. I enjoy the game but am I really supposed to farm Act I for a month when everyone else can be farming Act III and IV after a week?

Have tried both a Demon Hunter and a Wizard and neither made it past 20 because I didnt like kiting. I rolled a melee to be in a mob's face. But when I try that in Act 2 I just go back to my rez point every single time. I hope they dont move the RMAH back anymore cause Im buying my way out of Act I. In fact Im buying my way out of having to use a shield as well. Im going to play this game where its fun for me and I dont care what it costs.

You are doing something wrong. I've spent less than 1 million on the AH and I'm ready to move on to act 2.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    why would a nerf to range even be waranted, as a range past act 1 inferno its mostly a one shot even with defensive stats, as a meele once you get a decent amount of defensive stats then mostly its a cake walk bar the troublesome combos, as a range you need the damage because half the time you will do little damage as your kiting, what they need to do is tone the damage from the mobs slightly so you cant get one shot.

i dont mind getting hit hard if i mess up but the mobs should only take you down to like 10% in one hit so there is at least a chance to recover.
    I agree, IMO there really isnt enough of a difference to merit all the complaints. Different setups and different playstyles dictate your progression.

Quote Originally Posted by VegaTheGreatOne View Post
    Cuz kids want to say they are the best, they think they are good, they need gear to close the gap and they want the gear handed to them within weeks of reaching the hardest difficulty of the game. Forget grinding for 5-6 months, they want it NOW NOW NOW...............

It's a generation who grew up playing with cheat codes and game genie, its a generation who cant handle games with 0% room for error.....it's pretty sad =(

But no worries, hopefully blizzard does not cave to the lil kids complaining, they have the 60$ already and they dont have to worry about losing subs. Hopefully they leave diablo for diablo players
    A time sink is not hard. It does not take skill in any way.

The fact that melee need to farm gear while range don't have to is a game design flaw. It puts melee at a disadvantage. Then again it isn't like this is new. Blizz has always catered to ranged classes even in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
    The fact that melee need to farm gear while range don't have to is a game design flaw. It puts melee at a disadvantage.
    ...at a "disadvantage" for what? It's not like we're running a race here. Just play the class you like and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Badma View Post
    ...at a "disadvantage" for what? It's not like we're running a race here. Just play the class you like and enjoy.
    Hard to enjoy barb when I am stuck in act one farming, which I dont think any one enjoys.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

You don't need millions of gold and crazy gear. A solid build and good skills will get you far.

Proof: Acts 1-3 inferno cleared with only 1 million gold to buy all items.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Hard to enjoy barb when I am stuck in act one farming, which I dont think any one enjoys.
    There is a thread around how to gear barb to beat act I and act II with gear under a million gold. There is no reason whatsoever to be stucked in act I as melee unless you are running some crazy build.

Edit: I am sitting at 42k hp, 6k dps, 700+ resists 8.2k armor 1k life per sec and 100 life per hit with gear I got before I started inferno. All for less than 1 mil gold total.
    Last edited by Repefe; 2012-06-07 at 05:45 PM.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    There is a thread around how to gear barb to beat act I and act II with gear under a million gold. There is no reason whatsoever to be stucked in act I as melee unless you are running some crazy build.

Edit: I am sitting at 42k hp, 6k dps, 700+ resists 8.2k armor 1k life per sec and 100 life per hit with gear I got before I started inferno. All for less than 1 mil gold total.
    All of what you just said is unimportant, the prices on Barb gear rises DAILY... i'd like to see you buy any decent gear (Note, not just Vit & Resist all) and a 700+ DPS wep for under a million.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post

My gear is fine if I want to be railed into SnB, How ever that is not fun for me, so I am stuck farming more gear. This game was not supposed to only work with 1 build in the end game. But that is what it is for barbs. SHIT the gear choices arnt even there for a barb lol.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My gear is fine if I want to be railed into SnB, How ever that is not fun for me, so I am stuck farming more gear. This game was not supposed to only work with 1 build in the end game. But that is what it is for barbs. SHIT the gear choices arnt even there for a barb lol.

My and my brother are both farming act1 with different specs.....
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

If you dont enjoy the game then dont play it, some people need more gear than others, obviously you NEED MORE GEAR. I happen to being playing through the game as a dps barb, the only defensive ability i use is ignore pain(life leech) which technically very offensive as it allows a player to max dps for 5 seconds and burn through any target really as long as dps is high enough. I am not using any resist gear, i have been able to progress past belial. Im at the start of act3 inferno and its brutal, but i know its possible, just not until i farm more gold for more gear. It is a simple concept........stop expecting to defeat inferno anytime soon, its suppose to take MONTHS !!! In the end im gonna have the satisfaction of defeating inferno without using any of the cookie cutter builds, not even the players who have done inferno will be able to claim this achievement since they used cookie cutter builds to farm earlier.....

I guess what im trying to say is, PLAY THE GAME and ENJOY IT, if not stfu and go play something else..........

Stats : 2100 str, 65k dps, 41k health, 130 physical resist, 14 all resist, 14% crit, 210% critical damage, 5200 armor...........with these stats i have been able to clear inferno act2 with a 2hander, i will continue on without using cookie cutter builds, i figure another 400 str, 25k dps, 20k health and possibly 10% more damage recution through physical or armor will be needed to progress through act3, ill eventually be able to afford the items that will get me these stats and i will move on, just gotta grind it out frenzy(sidearm), ignore pain(leech), charge(heal) or leap(iron), ground stomp(wider area), quake(remove cost) or battle rage(30%) and wrath(insanity) - passive : weapon master(sword), ruthless critical, serker 25%

Elite packs : Wrath, leap in, aoe stun, quake, dps stuff till stun is about to end and then ignore pain.... quake ticks for 80k+ non crit, more than 4 mobs getting hit by quake = infinite regen from ignore pain, everything dies..... simple if executed properly, u dont need resists just gotta not suck and execute correctly
    Last edited by VegaTheGreatOne; 2012-06-07 at 06:45 PM.

We can agree on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    All of what you just said is unimportant, the prices on Barb gear rises DAILY... i'd like to see you buy any decent gear (Note, not just Vit & Resist all) and a 700+ DPS wep for under a million.
    I just posted you my stats with gear I bought for under a million. It was bought in the past three days. Bought 800 dps weapon with a socket = 100 life on hit today and there were many others (not with socket, but with 80-100 str/vit which is good as well). If you follow the link with the guide you will see that blue gear + rare helm is all you need to beat act I-II as tank-barbar.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Playing D3 is not like flying around gathering mats. -Farming- is still playing...what is so bad about playing the game?

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    My and my brother are both farming act1 with different specs.....
    I can do act one in blues, we are not talking about act 1.