Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's probably not the scariest movie, but for me I guess The Shining, my parents used to let us watch it when we were little (for god knows what reason) that fucking bath tub scene made me terrified as a kid to take baths alone.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    No doubt, one of the scariest movie I had seen lately was Snow White & the Huntsman...
    I froze to death when I lost the logic of the movie in the cinema after 5 minutes....
    Real horrrrrror^.^

Justin Bieber never say never in 3d

Quote Originally Posted by Aiviymatoc View Post
    Blair Witch Project
    [REC] and sequel
    Poughkeepsie Tapes
    Alien
    Grave Encounters
    Begotten
    Ju-On
    Audition
    Chakushin ari
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
    Mirrors
    Paranormal Activity
    Gin Gwai
    Martyrs
    Ringu
    The st. Francisville Experiment

i am confident to say that i have seen every good horror movie there is but i have seen so many that i might have forgotten some good ones but
    in my opinion once you reach a certain age and maintain a natural distance to movies nothing really scares you anyhow

if you really want to be scared try playing horror games like the first fear game, amnesia or silent hill 2 or fatal frame, imo they are able to really rustle your jimmies compared to movies
    How can you leave out the original psycho? lol

Deleted
    Alien
    Even after watching Several Dozen times over the course of 20 years it still creeps the shit out of me.

The only movie that ever spooked Skelington was the remake of something called "Thirteen Ghosts" that he saw when he was 8 or 9. For some reason he had nightmares about it. Looking back on it now, it was just an all around shit movie.

Chucky unnerved him too. He hates dolls.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-07-03 at 07:53 PM.

Deleted
    Independence day scared the shit out of me, but I was only 4.

The Exorcist, no question. Only film that truly scares me to this day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    The only movie that ever spooked Skelington was the remake of something called "Thirteen Ghosts" that he saw when he was 8 or 9. For some reason he had nightmares about it. Looking back on it now, it was just an all around shit movie.
    Oh man, I loved 13 Ghosts! Great cast, great story (albeit might be a bit cliché) and some good humour. But that's just taste I guess.
    Scary movies? Can't say I've really been scared by any, even as a kid. I've seen Hellraiser when I was growing up (think about 8 or so), Evil Dead aswell and nothing really scared me.

I personally enjoyed quite some Stephen King films, of which the remake of The Shining from '97 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118460/) was alot more enjoyable to me then the '80 version.
    Also liked Paranomal Activity, Saw 1, The Exorcist, The Omen and even Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Horrors these days aren't what they used to be :-(

Event Horizon when I saw it when i was like 11 in theatres.

Not a movie, but a movie-like series.

Gosh its going to depend on your age.

As a child 'IT' terrified me to the point I felt like something was grabbing at my legs so I had to sleep in my parents room for several weeks.

As an adult its a lot harder to get a good scare out of me. I'd have to say 'The Tunnel" and 'The Descent" were pretty freaky.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Chucky unnerved him too. He hates dolls.
    Same. My brother and sister tormented me with Chucky, always saying that he was going to kill me, now I am terrified of dolls.

Alien. Still can't watch them to this day for whatever reason

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    My personal favs are always one that might just actually happen. They also scare me the most.

I would have to put The Shining up there with scariest.

Edit: I should say the 1980 Stanley Kubrick version of The Shining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

10+ Year Old Account
    Kazaam... that movie with Shaq in it

The Shining is what you want.

I saw the Exorcist as a 7 or 8 year old and it truly changed my life. I don't know why my mom let me see that movie. But I had nightmares for like a week. Waking up in a cold sweat unable to peak out from my blanket nightmares. I still can't watch that movie completely through to this day. The Shining is pretty close. That movie is so creepy. Sometimes when I am in a hotel with a long hallway and no one is around, I get creepied out.

Alien and Aliens really scared me when I was a kid. I dont usually watch horror movies though, cause the majority they have no point and are just loud noises and gore fests.

People actually thought Paranormal Activity was anything other than laughably retarded? Seriously, every single thing the characters do in that movie is fucking stupid.

SOUNDS IN THE ATTIC? BETTER FUCKING CHECK!

GHOST IN THE HOUSE? LETS NEVER LEAVE!

DO WE HAVE JOBS? NOPE!

EVIL PRESENCE? LETS BUY A FUCKING OUIJA BOARD!

Seriously the movie was dumb, low rent, TERRIBLY acted, and made 0 sense. It had as much atmosphere and detail as a wet dishrag.

So lets get to some movies that haven't been brought up:

Session 9 - Harder to take seriously nowadays since Caruso is a meme, but very well made and good storytelling.

Rosemary's Baby - Honestly shocked this hasn't been brought up, probably because it has a more emotional impact on women (or because it's a Polanski film)

Hellraiser - Intense effects, bizzare plot, great camerawork

Nightmare On Elm Street - Nearly suffers like Session 9 due to the Depp presence, but goddamn if it isn't a (or debatably THE) pinnacle of horror effects.

From Beyond - Another Lovecraft adaptation from Stuart Gordon (Re-Animator), recently got a DVD treatment after only being on laserdisc for years.

In The Mouth Of Madness - Sam Neil! SAM NEIL! Also, a Lovecraft adaptation as well.

The Devil's Backbone - Friggin amazingly atmospheric horror film from Guillermo Del Toro (Pan's Labrynth, Hellboy). Spanish, but super awesome.

With A Friend Like Harry - French film that is a perfect culmination of every Fatal Attraction ripoff ever made.

Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer - Stark, disturbing film about the exploits of a serial killer (AKA Exactly what it says on the tin).

Deliverance - The 'butt' (pun intended) of many rape jokes, this movie has tension thick enough to spread on toast.

The Thing - Okay I lied. Nightmare On Elm Street has 99/100 effects, but The Thing (1982 natch) has 100/100. Perfect effect work. I would even go so far as to say that no film ever made stands up with the longevity of The Thing. Even the goddamn film used to shoot the movie was so far beyond it's eras standards.
    Last edited by Grraarrgghh; 2012-07-04 at 04:46 PM.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA