Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally enjoyed it because I didn't have to have an enchanter and I could leech off of whichever enchanter was in the dungeon. Made my life easier
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Nope, I'm sure the coordinated groups had numerous enchanters to call upon for DE purposes (oftentimes a crappy alt with no recipes). But now the vast majority of the people in groups are running to the AH and trying to make a quick buck off the mats.
    The vast majority? And if it is the vast majority that are placing mats on the AH what is stopping you from purchasing these mats much cheaper than the cost of greens to DE and reposting them or turning them into enchants and posting them?

Before DE option: The enchanter takes the blues and everyone rolls for the shards at the end of the run.
    After DE option: Everyone rolls for the shard when the blue drops.

Yeah I'll take the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    The vast majority? And if it is the vast majority that are placing mats on the AH what is stopping you from purchasing these mats much cheaper than the cost of greens to DE and reposting them or turning them into enchants and posting them?
    You don't see anything wrong in having paid to train a skill for a purpose and seeing one of it's functions handed out for free? Or worse, people profiting from that newly freed up function?

Normally this forum is all up in arms shouting "welfare" about stuff like that. Or at least it was that way last time I saw this topic pop up.

It's been a right for what 3 years now? It isn't changing just drop it. It was a quality of life change. They won't be reverting it just because some enchanters can't see how it has changed nothing for them.
    Two things have changed, whether you want to believe it or not.

1) Mat prices have dropped due to massively more being in the economy, meaning when I do farm my own enchanting mats, I can't sell them for as much.
    2) I cannot effectively sell a "disenchanting" service, a service that would otherwise be in demand if we didn't have the free leeching feature.

Whether or not you think that's a big loss is another thing, but it's still a loss. And as I've said before, I fully agree with BoPs being disenchantable with the feature, since people were doing this the hard way in the past. But there's just no good reason for BoEs to be disenchanted. That's up to the players to find a way to get mats from their green drops - at the benefit of some enchanter in trade looking to make a few gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Two things have changed, whether you want to believe it or not.

1) Mat prices have dropped due to massively more being in the economy, meaning when I do farm my own enchanting mats, I can't sell them for as much.
    2) I cannot effectively sell a "disenchanting" service, a service that would otherwise be in demand if we didn't have the free leeching feature.

Whether or not you think that's a big loss is another thing, but it's still a loss. And as I've said before, I fully agree with BoPs being disenchantable with the feature, since people were doing this the hard way in the past. But there's just no good reason for BoEs to be disenchanted. That's up to the players to find a way to get mats from their green drops - at the benefit of some enchanter in trade looking to make a few gold.
    completely agree seeg, yeah back in the day before the button you de'd all bop's, but you didn't de greens. or at least i didn't, unless they wanted my service. bop's = free at the end of the run. any greens = you damn well pay me at the end of the run.

same went for sitting in org.

this feature sadly ruined the profit from enchanting mats, yeah i still made profit ( a hell of a lot of it) before i quit wow, but i knew how to incorporate jc with enchanting to make a heap load of golds daily.

though, iirc, and i could be wrong, you could do my jc/enchanting trick for a little while before the button first came out, and i made a shit ton more then, than i did before i turned in my mmo reigns.

sadly, this is the way it goes, and people are right, its not going back to the old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    I'm actually of the opposite opinion. BoE's would get DE'd whether there's an enchanter there or not. Win a greed roll on a BoE, send it to an alt or a friend to DE. The DE button just makes this faster and easier for BoE's. The enchanter in the party doesn't really add any value to the BoE.

What shouldn't happen automatically is the DE of BoP's. A non-enchanter winning a greed roll on a BoP has the value of the vendor price only. But with this system they get a free upgrade in value (in the neighborhood of 10x) just because the enchanter is in the group. The enchanter is adding value to an item that they have no control over. Previously, this added value had to come with the enchanter's consent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Five people do the run, they all get a chance to roll on the gear, if no one needs the gear, then everyone gets a chance at the DE mats. not sure how that is hurting anyone. the enchanter has as much chance to win as anyone else. who really cares that they used Your profession. you didn't have to do anything but have it. If anything they should simply implement the DE option whether anyone in the group is an enchanter or not. And yes i have an enchanter, doesn't bother me in the least. just means if i win i don't have to press extra buttons.

I think free use of another's skill is pretty dumb...you'd have to generally pay an enchanter to d/e all your greens on any given day. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by jeenyus992 View Post
    I think free use of another's skill is pretty dumb...you'd have to generally pay an enchanter to d/e all your greens on any given day. Just sayin.
    Because that enchanter cleared the dungeon all by themselves right? They wouldn't have to worry about other people using their skill if they solo'd every instance.

Because that enchanter cleared the dungeon all by themselves right? They wouldn't have to worry about other people using their skill if they solo'd every instance.
    Then lets start divvying up the other mats that are found along the run as well. You know instead of only the enchanting supplies.

i can clear plenty of dungeons on my own, back in the day, and in the present content. capped norms are a joke when you're geared well. even some heroics were laughable. yeah, ofc all the gear is mine there, but this still pokes a hole in your argument.

you obviously didnt play back in the day, because enchanters de'd only bops, all greens was a service that was paid for. period.

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 03:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Then lets start divvying up the other mats that are found along the run as well. You know instead of only the enchanting supplies.
    also, this.

i mean seriously, this is most of our argument, and its pretty solid. why should enchanting be the only damn prof that gets shafted?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    i can clear plenty of dungeons on my own, back in the day, and in the present content. capped norms are a joke when you're geared well. even some heroics were laughable. yeah, ofc all the gear is mine there, but this still pokes a hole in your argument.

you obviously didnt play back in the day, because enchanters de'd only bops, all greens was a service that was paid for. period.

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 03:22 AM ----------

also, this.

i mean seriously, this is most of our argument, and its pretty solid. why should enchanting be the only damn prof that gets shafted?
    You obviously have no friends that play this game or are not in a guild that provides the service of DEing greens for you at no charge. It doesn't matter when you started playing it was always available to get enchanting mats for no charge you just had to have friends or level another toon.

And that would be why your argument is invalid. What other mats are found along a run? Are you guaranteed to see a mining node in an instance? How about a herb node? You may see some skinable creatures but if you're wasting your time waiting for them to skin instead of pushing forward you honestly have larger issues than a couple of mats.

You obviously have no friends that play this game or are not in a guild that provides the service of DEing greens for you at no charge. It doesn't matter when you started playing it was always available to get enchanting mats for no charge you just had to have friends or level another toon.

And that would be why your argument is invalid. What other mats are found along a run? Are you guaranteed to see a mining node in an instance? How about a herb node? You may see some skinable creatures but if you're wasting your time waiting for them to skin instead of pushing forward you honestly have larger issues than a couple of mats.
    ruh roh. the insults, they burn! seriously? sigh.

btw, did you see any of my posts. i mean one states clearly that i have an enchanter. hell i had 2. plus every other prof maxed.

your argument doesnt rule out that they're there, not as often, but they're still there.

ok i'll turn the tables on you now. you want stuff de'd, use your guildies, or level up the most tedious and or expensive (dependent on the server) craft in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by cywang86 View Post
    Before DE option: The enchanter takes the blues and everyone rolls for the shards at the end of the run.
    After DE option: Everyone rolls for the shard when the blue drops.

Yeah I'll take the second one.
    I hate that this assumption was made because it definitely wasn't the case on my server PUGs. Everyone was lazy and therefore just greeded and vendored, rarely did anyone ask about an enchanter. I think that is why I was so stubborn and changed professions.

ruh roh. the insults, they burn! seriously? sigh.

btw, did you see any of my posts. i mean one states clearly that i have an enchanter. hell i had 2. plus every other prof maxed.

your argument doesnt rule out that they're there, not as often, but they're still there.

ok i'll turn the tables on you now. you want stuff de'd, use your guildies, or level up the most tedious and or expensive (dependent on the server) craft in the game.
    I have used them and I have one myself. That doesn't change the fact that you still have yet to show me how the other gathering professions, other than skinning, are available in the Cata dungeons and therefor need to be shared between all participants in the group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    Until you solo that boss, everyone else has as much right to the shard as you do.

I remember back when there WASN'T a disenchant button. I would gladly DE the items and give the shards to the highest rolls at the end of the dungeon.

How low is the WoW community now. Please do me a favor and unlearn enchanting.
    No, everyone has a right to roll on the gear. A right to also gain enchanting mats should be up to the enchanter's discretion. Thus, the suggestion I made.

And yes, you've made it clear that you love yourself and how selfless you are. I'd pat you on the back but you seem covered.

Is this a low for the community? No, we're talking professions in a video game...not refusing to feed starving kids in Africa. Lord.

I have used them and I have one myself. That doesn't change the fact that you still have yet to show me how the other gathering professions, other than skinning, are available in the Cata dungeons and therefor need to be shared between all participants in the group.
    and you havnt showed me why enchanting needs to be shared to the whole group. i mean seriously. if these people want that service, let them go through the expensive and or tediousness of leveling enchanting for themselves. or find a guildy/friend.

also, i wasnt a dick back in vanilla, i personally liked not being black listed, and de'd blues at the end of every run, but greens was a service for my trade and de button. hell, wouldnt bother me in the slightest bit if they changed it to all blues/purps there's a de button, and all greens went back to greed roll.

once again, your argument is moot.

and you havnt showed me why enchanting needs to be shared to the whole group. i mean seriously. if these people want that service, let them go through the expensive and or tediousness of leveling enchanting for themselves. or find a guildy/friend.

also, i wasnt a dick back in vanilla, i personally liked not being black listed, and de'd blues at the end of every run, but greens was a service for my trade and de button. hell, wouldnt bother me in the slightest bit if they changed it to all blues/purps there's a de button, and all greens went back to greed roll.

once again, your argument is moot.
    If they helped kill the monster that drops it then yes they are entitled to what it drops. If at Blizzard's discretion they choose to take out one step of the equation and just give someone else the mats they would have gotten later in the day/week from doing the DE themselves then that is still loot they would have gotten now just a bit quicker than before.

15+ Year Old Account
    Enchanting mats don't drop from instance creatures (except for the few that they do drop from). It isn't a group effort to enchant because the group didn't help the enchanter level their enchanting. Being in a group doesn't give anyone in the group rights to any future usage of items that drop in that group. Disenchanting is a future use.

Disenchanting isn't a group effort.

---------- Post added 2012-07-12 at 11:53 PM ----------

If they helped kill the monster that drops it then yes they are entitled to what it drops.
    Only a select few monsters drop enchanting mats. Enchanting mats are created from the items the monsters drop but are not dropped from the monsters themselves. Glad you clearly state you agree that group members have no right to enchanting mats though.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."