Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by greenn View Post
    heirlooms stack with raf..
    Unfortunately not true.
    As it says in the RaF-FAQ:

What if I'm partied with multiple recruits with whom I'm linked? Do I get quadruple or quintuple the experience?
    No. Although you may be linked with multiple accounts, the maximum increase you can receive at any given time is 300%.

Quote Originally Posted by Krovicz View Post
    Unfortunately not true.
    Either the FAQ is out of date or they reverted the heirlooms from stacking recently, heirlooms stacked with RAF when I used it to dual box new alts late last year / early this year.
    Last edited by sleepingforest; 2012-07-16 at 11:25 PM.

Unfortunately not true.

then i suppose that faq is wrong.

Actually all the text says is that RaF doesn't stack with itself, that you only get 1x bennifit even if you play with multiple RaF people. It doesn't mention stacking or not stacking with other xp buffs in any way.

I don't know if heirlooms stack with RaF or not, but the quote does not proove or disproove it.

Unfortunately not true.
    If you could read you would see that the FaQ is talking about RaF stacking with itself.

Curious place for these to drop, but it's not from alchemy or archaeology. At least should be able to get the Warlock to 90 faster :3.

Last edited by KelaniScar; 2012-07-17 at 12:25 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    I really do... especially after the experience nerf! Plus, I love the areas!
    Just cause you love to torture yourself there doesn't mean the rest of us do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    You prefer Northrend?
    Northrend is PARADISE compared to Cataclysm leveling.

At least in Northrend you gain a level every hour or so. In Cata each level is 2-4 hours... it's long, tedious, and the zones are extremely boring. Deepholm makes my soul cry. I LOVE leveling 1-70. After that, it gets less and less fun until I'm banging my head against my desk at L84.

On topic: I love these. I pray they work all the way to 85. Being able to blow through Cata zones in a couple hours would be a godsend for altaholics like me.

I still love Outland for leveling. Northrend is getting a bit too much for me now, but with the experience changes there i can skip over which parts i know i dislike (the slow parts <_<). Cataclysm is.. okay T_T.. but i prefer Outland > Nrend > Cata. Cata leveling just feels so rigid. You can't really chop and change much if you want to do it quickly. But hey, at least they tuned it down. I can still manage to level a toon without going insane.

Quote Originally Posted by ayashi View Post
    this, or cashshop item
    You should click the OP link and read the wowhead comments. It currently drops in the beta from a rare mob

Killing the actual mob which drops this. Best not get hit by that AoE :/

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This feels like an item that would be sold in the Blizzard store. Because this is an item Asian MMOs sell in their game shop.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinedoom View Post
    Actually all the text says is that RaF doesn't stack with itself, that you only get 1x bennifit even if you play with multiple RaF people. It doesn't mention stacking or not stacking with other xp buffs in any way.

I don't know if heirlooms stack with RaF or not, but the quote does not proove or disproove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    If you could read you would see that the FaQ is talking about RaF stacking with itself.
    If you could read, you'd also see that it says "the maximum increase you can receive at any given time is 300%."

Meaning no, heirlooms do not stack with RAF.

No, rest does not stack with RAF.

No, guild perks do not stack with RAF.

RAF is 300%, and that is the maximum boost XP can have ever (right now anyway). Period. It's the cap.

Anyone who says they witnessed any XP bonus stacking with RAF is wrong and is attributing it to the already ludicrous speed with with RAF accounts level (most likely). Or was witness to a bug (less likely, we'd have heard about it).
    Last edited by snuzzle; 2012-07-17 at 05:13 AM.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    If you could read, you'd also see that it says "the maximum increase you can receive at any given time is 300%."

Meaning no, heirlooms do not stack with RAF.

No, rest does not stack with RAF.

No, guild perks do not stack with RAF.

Anyone who says they do is wrong and is attributing it to the already ludicrous speed with with RAF accounts level.
    As someone who has an active RAF account, I can state with absolute certainty that heirloom most definitely affects RAF XP.

To test it is extremely simple. Do a quest. Look at the XP reward with your partner in group standing beside you note the value.

Remove a piece of heirloom and that value WILL drop. Heirloom effects add on to quest XP before RAF kicks in. I cannot make a definitive statement regarding guild XP as I've not quit my guild to see if the value drops.

The FAQ is probably not misleading and more likely is based on what Blizzard means by "stacking" but believe what you want but if you don't wear heirloom during RAF you're losing XP, regardless of what Blizzard means by stacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    No experience altering items stack with RaF. RaF bonus is the highest possible bonus you can attain. Don't really need to bring out a blue since it's always been something a lot of people have known about RaF.
    Incorrect- Hierlooms, Zone XP buffs, and Holiday xp buffs ALL stack with the RaF experience bonus (Although additively, not multiplicatively, sadly)

Thus, you can have, at max, around 380-400% xp boost, with multiple holiday buffs+full hierlooms+guild+RAF+zone buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Northrend is still more interesting then Cata zones....
    Those skinny jeans don't look very good on you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Incorrect- Hierlooms, Zone XP buffs, and Holiday xp buffs ALL stack with the RaF experience bonus (Although additively, not multiplicatively, sadly)

Thus, you can have, at max, around 380-400% xp boost, with multiple holiday buffs+full hierlooms+guild+RAF+zone buff.
    Not according to the FAQ which states that 300% is the maximum a player can have at any given time. If it is in fact stacking this is probably a bug. When I dual boxed late last year, it was in fact NOT stacking with heirlooms.
    Last edited by snuzzle; 2012-07-17 at 05:25 AM.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Not according to the FAQ which states that 300% is the maximum a player can have at any given time. If it is in fact stacking this is probably a bug. When I dual boxed late last year, it was in fact NOT stacking with heirlooms.

You are misunderstanding what it means then, and probably didnt notice the xp increase from the hierlooms. After quite a bit of testing with this, from killing same lvl mobs with the WG northrend xp bonus, equiping/unequiping heirlooms before turning in 8 quests, with simple mathematical calculations, that bonus xp from Hierlooms, the guild bonus, and zone-bonus xp, such as the WG buff, DO stack with the 300% extra experience from the RAF. Also, from someone who has used RAF twice, both times actually playing with another person (Father the first time, he was the one who did the RaF, sister the second, I preformed the RaF), I have always understood that statement that it doesnt stack to mean that you cant have, say, 2 RaF buddies in the same group and recieve 600% xp instead of 300% xp.

Finally, when I was playing with my sister, she reported that, even though we were at the same lvl, she was recieving quit a bit less xp then me- around 22% or so. Also, when I played lower lvl alts, about 2 lvls below herwithout using the bonus lvls (Which I saved for even lower lvl alts), I generally catched up to her lvl within about 7-8 lvls, and outstriped her lvl withing 2-3 more lvls.

You should probably do extensive testing. Dual-boxing? Perhaps you were killing different lvls, or not paying attention. Was your second character at a lower lvl then the other? Different levels earn xp based on a % rate of total xp- a lvl 10 killing a lvl 10 mob might recieve 100 xp, while a lvl 11 killing a lvl 10 mob might recieve 102 xp- less % based then the previous lvl for the lvl difference between the lvl 11 and 10 mob, but more xp total then the lvl 10 accounting for the % difference (This is just an example, but higher lvls recieve more xp then lower lvls, although its a lower % compared to lower lvls)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    This should not work past level 85. Leveling from 85-90 is already too fast in Beta. I think this could be something extremely rarely made from archaeology though as an incentive to train the profession.
    Really ? it took me 3hours to get 3 bars on lvl 86...
    Reading all the quests and checking out surroundings and stuff, but still...
    "DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

Does it bind on pick up or can i trade it? I ask this because while it can help me going from 85-90 I would rather it help me with 1-80
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.