Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    This was in trainers for whatever reason.
    It has a staff, maybe it's a guy in a costume..?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Unprotected sex, I think.
    Beer all over the computer.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    It has a staff, maybe it's a guy in a costume..?
    Costumed trainers don't fly. They carry pokeballs and look like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Costumed trainers don't fly. They carry pokeballs and look like this.
    I mean like, a really cool costume, one with hover boots to make him fly and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I mean like, a really cool costume, one with hover boots to make him fly and shit.
    The pokemon fanclub doesn't have that kind of budget. It's a guy with a cool hat and his Clefairy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they have to do with the Pokemon Movie thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
    Brycen-man
    La Nebbia Rossa
    Die Pforten des Zauberreichs
    Amor a Primera Vista
    The Giant Woman
    Ghost Eraser
    Time Gate Travelers
    Fullmetal Cop
    Invaders
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    So I got inspired by the discussion a few pages back regarding Volt White, and started a save yesterday. For the first time since my Gold and Crystal days where I got a shiny Zapdos from a trade with my red version, I found a shiny pokemon. A Seedot. Yet a wild Mudkip or Piplup refuse to show up. The one Piplup I saw appearing died from "sudden unrequested critical hit with a low damage ability". I'm still pissed at that.

Nonetheless, I'm finding the modifications on the game quite enjoyable.
    I've got a Quilava and a Venusaur currently, finding them was such a big slap in the face.

I met 8 Treeckos, 6-7 Chikoritas, An incredible fuck amount of Snivys and even more Turtwigs, but I only met 3 Bulbasaurs. The first one kind of disappeared because I restarted the game without saving, I explained it earlier in this thread. The second one was female, and I wanted to give it the nickname I always give to my usual male Bulbasaur. A whole day later and I finally find a male Bulbasaur.

Finding a Cyndaquil was even worse. Millions of Charmanders, millions of Chimchar, and a bunch of Tepig and Torchics. I gave up with finding it by the end of the day, and I went to catch the Bulbasaur. While training my Ivysaur at the fire starter place trying to find Audinos I met a Cyndaquil, good god was I happy. Right after I met that Cyndaquil I met two of them in a row right after, the game was just taunting me there.

It seems like I just met millions of the starters I didn't want, and I never met the one I actually wanted, I hate my bad luck.

Just beaten the 3rd gym, my team is Venusaur, Nidoking, Fearow, Hypno, Starmie and Quilava. A pretty solid team, but I mostly go with this team because it's some of my favorite Pokémon, and it's my original Pokémon Red team, except for Quilava which would normally be replaced by a Magneton. I didn't want Magneton this time around because I absolutely HATE the design of Magnezone, and I'd be kind of forced to evolve it if I would ever hope to beat the Elite Four. I've always missed a fire Pokémon, and I love Typhlosion, so it's quite a good addition to my team. Might end up having to replace Fearow later though, probably with a dragon type (thinking Flygon), but I'm waiting until I get Drill Peck to see if it'll be worth it. Hypno isn't exactly the best Pokémon ever, but I'll keep him, just because I love him.

And yes, I threw away my starter, deal with it, my rivals have nothing against me now (chose Tepig).

It's a really cool mod, I definitely prefer it over the actual game. The actual game doesn't have much replay value to me since I already have seen all of the 5th gen Pokémon now, and it's not really challenging enough. This provides a very awesome challenge while I can catch whatever Pokémon I desire, it's amazing.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-07-17 at 12:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shinys ever found:
    Gyrados (of course)
    Vulpix
    Starly
    Togepi
    Ponyta

Last two were on the latest Pokemon Crystal run I had done. Including Gyrados that was 3 shinies on one game, not too shabby.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    After looking through this thread, I have an overwhelming desire to start playing Pokemon again. Might start with the rehashed versions of red/blue and gold/silver. They are my favourite versions, mostly due to nostalgia and the novelty of the early pokemon games. Plus, they have my favourite pokemon. Now to procure myself a cheap ds.......

Quote Originally Posted by bmps View Post
    After looking through this thread, I have an overwhelming desire to start playing Pokemon again. Might start with the rehashed versions of red/blue and gold/silver. They are my favourite versions, mostly due to nostalgia and the novelty of the early pokemon games. Plus, they have my favourite pokemon. Now to procure myself a cheap ds.......
    Good to hear that we're of inspiration to make people revisit the games again.

Deleted
    Been doing World Tournament with team being Metagross, Basculin and Galvantula... Unova cup was a total joke, Roxie trying to toxic my Metagross... While Cheren's Castform made me smile. :P Chili in the finals was easy thanks to basculin.... Kanto cup was Sabrina -> Brock -> Blaine. :P Easier even.

My freshly made remix of Cyrus battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I've got a Quilava and a Venusaur currently, finding them was such a big slap in the face.

I met 8 Treeckos, 6-7 Chikoritas, An incredible fuck amount of Snivys and even more Turtwigs, but I only met 3 Bulbasaurs. The first one kind of disappeared because I restarted the game without saving, I explained it earlier in this thread. The second one was female, and I wanted to give it the nickname I always give to my usual male Bulbasaur. A whole day later and I finally find a male Bulbasaur.
    (...)
    I hear ya... it seems rng is always ready to go and slap you in the face.

Also, I discovered that the shaky grass could be "manipulated" to make rares appear. I had not even NOTICED this mechanic yet.

... Don't judge me, I'm not very familiar with B&W
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account

Pokémon is dying-Legendaries are not so legendary anymore

To me, the real legendary pokemon are the Bird Trio, Beast Trio, Lugia, Ho-Oh and Mewtwo . The other legendaries just do not feel like they should be, especially the ones in Sinnoh and Unova. Kanto released 5 legendaries and Johto 6. Since Hoenn we that number rise up. Hoenn released 10, Sinnoh 14 and Unova 13. Legendary Pokemon don't feel legendary anymore, and they won't feel until they stop introducing more the 10 each new gen.

BTW This is a joke on the Legendaries are not so legendary mop thread :P
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by the_fallen View Post
    To me, the real legendary pokemon are the Bird Trio, Beast Trio, Lugia, Ho-Oh and Mewtwo . The other legendaries just do not feel like they should be, especially the ones in Sinnoh and Unova. Kanto released 5 legendaries and Johto 6. Since Hoenn we that number rise up. Hoenn released 10, Sinnoh 14 and Unova 13. Legendary Pokemon don't feel legendary anymore, and they won't feel until they stop introducing more the 10 each new gen.

BTW This is a joke on the Legendaries are not so legendary mop thread :P
    Tbh I think that the Hoenn legendaries felt cool, but there were a little too many yeah. The Regi trio is still one of my favorite trios, with the Weather trio being my absolute favorite one, Groudon is radical. Can't count all the Sinnoh legendaries on both hands, I don't consider them legendaries, heck Snorlax is more legendary than those. There's also too many Unova legendaries. The design of them are also quite uninteresting except for the main trio usually. Ones like Genesect, Meloetta, Manaphy, that pony one in gen 5, and many many more just don't look legendary. Then again, neither did Mew or Celebi really, but they had the bird/beast trios to make up for them, not to mention Lugia/Ho-Oh and Mewtwo. Point is, there's just too many unnecessary legendaries, I don't think anyone would be hurt if 4 legendaries from both gen 4 and 5 were discarded, not that they do much anyways. The trios from both gen 4 and 5 are pretty interesting atleast, not my style, but it's a cool new thing that they're doing. It was a little unnecessary to make yet another beast trio in gen 5 though. Even if it's a joke I can't help but agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I hear ya... it seems rng is always ready to go and slap you in the face.

Also, I discovered that the shaky grass could be "manipulated" to make rares appear. I had not even NOTICED this mechanic yet.

... Don't judge me, I'm not very familiar with B&W
    I never used the shaky grass before I tried this mod, I figured after only meeting Audinos it wasn't very interesting anymore. I'd enter it when possible though, simply because it was so tempting, but I never put much weight on it.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-07-17 at 10:05 PM.

Deleted
    You should listen abit more to what the NPC's has to say :P I'm fairly certain they mention that in the begining.

Just started a new replay on HG and I had almost forgotten the awesome music in it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Tbh I think that the Hoenn legendaries felt cool, but there were a little too many yeah. The Regi trio is still one of my favorite trios, with the Weather trio being my absolute favorite one, Groudon is radical. Can't count all the Sinnoh legendaries on both hands, I don't consider them legendaries, heck Snorlax is more legendary than those. There's also too many Unova legendaries. The design of them are also quite uninteresting except for the main trio usually. Ones like Genesect, Meloetta, Manaphy, that pony one in gen 5, and many many more just don't look legendary. Then again, neither did Mew or Celebi really, but they had the bird/beast trios to make up for them, not to mention Lugia/Ho-Oh and Mewtwo. Point is, there's just too many unnecessary legendaries, I don't think anyone would be hurt if 4 legendaries from both gen 4 and 5 were discarded, not that they do much anyways. The trios from both gen 4 and 5 are pretty interesting atleast, not my style, but it's a cool new thing that they're doing. It was a little unnecessary to make yet another beast trio in gen 5 though. Even if it's a joke I can't help but agree.
    I just decided not to care much with legendaries after Gen4. The lake trio for me was the worst. And I found the Kami trio (from BW2 with new forms) to be even cooler than the musketeers.
    Black Lives Matter

10+ Year Old Account
    I am highly intrigued by this volt white that you lot speak of, can someone explain how to get it via a pm or on the thread if it is allowed? Much appreciated.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Favourite pokemon: Charizard, Nidoking, Gengar, Flareon, Houndoom, Mewtwo and Typhlosion. For some reason, the pokemon from the later generations just didn't impress me as much.

Ash was a constant source of annoyance for me. He never got stronger, never kept his cool pokemon, got a few of his gym badges because they thought he was a nice kid and choked in the big leagues. You would think that with all his hype he would have conquered four continents and at least Misty's three sisters (at the same time). They could have at least made him champion of something.

It took me a while to notice this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Shinys ever found:
    Gyrados (of course)
    Vulpix
    Starly
    Togepi
    Ponyta

Last two were on the latest Pokemon Crystal run I had done. Including Gyrados that was 3 shinies on one game, not too shabby.
    I haven't found any non-100% chance shinies.
    And it isn't because I don't play much.
    And I have done plenty of chaining.
    [Steam]
    3DS Friend Code: 2509-2629-0987 | NNID: Sanics
    Formerly known as: Sonic Raindoom, Sir W Reginald Armchair, Sir William R Armchair

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the_fallen View Post
    People haven't seen Pokerus. o.O
    What is Pokerus? Explain please, I have seen it mentioned more than once in this thread.