Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

[Movies] Best Movie of All Time

Best Movie of all time so far is The Avengers

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, why don't you elaborate on why this is the best movie?

Personally, I love Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, mostly because of the sheer technological advances that had to go into making that movie. Plus, I love the imagination of it.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2012-08-17 at 09:06 PM.

The Truman show.

Great acting, great story, very unique, etc.

Deleted
    I can't choose one, I'm sorry. I'm tempted as some had amazing story, some a deeper meaning, some good video style, but I can't think of one that had all at once.

I say it's the Lord of the Rings trilogy, especially if you watch the extended editions. The acting performances are so good that it will be hard, if even possible, for the actors to rise to that level again. The cinematic quality is also top notch.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2012-08-17 at 09:49 PM.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    I say it's the Lord of the Rings trilogy, especially if you watch the extended editions. The acting performances are so good that it will be hard, if even possible, for the actors to rise to that level again. The cinematic quality is also top notch.
    This one, with Lion King right behind it.

I think V for Vendetta is my favorite, if I had to choose one.

I can't decide on a best overall movie. But I do have a best trilogy: The Dark Knight Trilogy.
    Before those movies I disliked batman....those movies opened my eyes. The story and some shots were great, but could be improved. What I liked so much was how it showed a man with a few principles trying to do good. He could have just started killing badguys, but that went against what he was. He tried his absolute best never to break his principles. He did not use guns, he did not reveal his identity when the joker demanded it, he was nearly impeccable, he was a symbol of justice, rather than a man of justice. The idea of wanting to be a symbol rather than a superhero....that stuck with me. To me a symbol is better than a super hero. The way it starts out as trying to be a symbol in part 1, then in 2 he even goes so far as becoming hated to keep people believing in Dent (which personally was a bad choice imo, but I could totally understand where they were coming from) And then in 3 that bad choice came to bite them in the but as Dent's evil was revealed. In the end he managed to become a symbol. Awesome trilogy!
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Deleted
    Lord of the rings trilogy, I think I cried at the 3rd one.

Deleted
    The Town. I can watch it over and over again without being bored! An amazing masterpiece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh so many I love and could watch over and over again, but if I had to pick one, then Moulin Rouge.

Just thinking though, wouldn't this have been better off in the Cinema/Books/TV/Music forum? :3

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP i believe you spelled "Pulp Fiction" wrong.

i like star wars serie

10+ Year Old Account
    Something I haven't seen yet. Not acceptable? Then, Germany, Pale Mother.
    I have a propensity for rational and evolving thought... what am I doing on a forum?

though i am a huge star wars fan, i'm going to have to go with the lord of the rings, if you need to narrow it down to one Return of the King.

I can't think of a personal favorite, but in terms of longevity and quality, I'd have to say movies like Titanic, Forrest Gump, Lion King, Star Wars trilogy, The Dark Knight trilogy. None of em are even close to movies that I would consider my favorite, but I'm just throwing out ideas that would stand the test of time.
    Last edited by Tilie; 2012-08-18 at 01:35 AM.
    Gnome Pride!

Gladiator.

Amazing acting, drama, suspense, action, violence, romance, amazing cinematography, and one of the best stories ever.
    Last edited by Nengal; 2012-08-18 at 01:35 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the avengers was a good movie, but nowhere near the best movie of all time. i'd have to say either the first godfather, terminator 2, or the breakfast club
    Last edited by tyran; 2012-08-18 at 01:35 AM.

Wasnt it supposed to be Citizen Kane?...

(however that movie SUCKED imo.... too long and too little action)
    Pokemon Y Friendcode, PM if you wanna add: 3797-7990-5163
    IGN: GLITCH