Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herga Derga Byurga
    Looks like a norwegian version of herp derp....

To all the people wondering, yes, Kungen (or Kongen in Norwegian) means the King. :P
    It isn't just a name that the Nihilum tank guy made up, he named himself the King in his own language (since he is Swedish).

So that strip of cloth they found in the packade saying 'Fra Kongen' means 'From the King'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    Because real historians all live in egypt, fighting mummies... or in the jungle raiding tombs.
    The historians aint that kind of people that runs digsites, that's the archaeologists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because real historians all live in egypt, fighting mummies... or in the jungle raiding tombs.
    Hollywood said so, so it must be true!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    So what happened in Norway in 1912 is not a minority interest subject? Are you sure about that?
    Just because something isn't world-changing or interesting to you, does not mean a community of people working in historical fields or with interests in historical events wouldn't be interested in learning about it. Why so narrow-minded?

The historians aint that kind of people that runs digsites, that's the archaeologists.
    It was more a silly joke to make a point than an actual fact... however in The Mummy there is clearly a librarian digging up stuff, so I guess that makes archeologists and librarians then :P
    Last edited by Maelle; 2012-08-24 at 05:02 PM.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Those are Dwarves you are thinking of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valock View Post
    Hm, since when did my language become 3 word-language?:| And words which ain't norwegian words?
    The proper thing for a Norwegian to write a 100 times would have been more along the lines of;
    Ibsens ripsbusker og andre buskvekster Ibsens ripsbusker og andre buskvekster Ibsens ripsbusker og andre buskvekster
    Ibsens ripsbusker og andre buskvekster Ibsens ripsbusker og andre buskvekster Ibsens ripsbusker og andre buskvekster

and then
    Overbuljongterningspakkemasterassistent Overbuljongterningspakkemasterassistent Overbuljongterningspakkemasterassistent
    Overbuljongterningspakkemasterassistent Overbuljongterningspakkemasterassistent Overbuljongterningspakkemasterassistent

So what happened in Norway in 1912 is not a minority interest subject? Are you sure about that?
    The letters from immigrants to the US, as well as the wealth of possible documents (including correspondence from royalty by the looks of it) can potentially say a lot more than just 'what happened in Norway.' Historians looks for bits of data in the past so they can make connections and form a much bigger picture about what's happening around the world.

Deleted
    I believe they said that this is somehow related to a certain Scottish raid somewhere in the 1600 that the villagers defeated.

Most of the archeologists stay and studies inside, only a tiny part of archeologist work outside in ruins.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A good historian will always go to those places aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because something isn't world-changing or interesting to you, does not mean a community of people working in historical fields or with interests in historical events wouldn't be interested in learning about it. Why so narrow-minded?
    I said it's a minority interest subject, which it is.

I said it's a minority interest subject, which it is.
    Because you said so? My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Valock View Post
    Hm, since when did my language become 3 word-language?:| And words which ain't norwegian words?
    You must not speak it very well them.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    So..... have they opened it yet?
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you said so? My bad.
    No, because the vast majority of historians don't publish works on it, or have an interest in it.

Hence it's a minority interest subject.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Never knew opening a simple 100 year old package would get this much attention lol.
    Last edited by Ave07; 2012-08-24 at 05:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Yes they have, bunch of old papers and letters inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Good job on reading just a few posts above you...

So any word yet on why the woman said the package contained newspapers from 1914 and 1919? I'm guessing she just translated wrong, but I'd be interested in hearing any other explanations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    So any word yet on why the woman said the package contained newspapers from 1914 and 1919? I'm guessing she just translated wrong, but I'd be interested in hearing any other explanations.
    I was thinking, if this was packaged 1912 how the F can there be stuff from 1919 in there?
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.