Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... they're nerfing the DoTs and buffing the DDs? I'm overwhelmed with de ja vu.

Deleted
    sighh.... Why would they make it that hard for themselves? Just make the innitial rake hit scale with weapon dmg in stead of being bleed dmg. 350% weapon dmg for instance...

Quote Originally Posted by Garth View Post
    Wait... they're nerfing the DoTs and buffing the DDs? I'm overwhelmed with de ja vu.
    No, they nerfed rake so it's not better to just spam rake in place of mangle or shred for combo building and damage. Unfortunately, shred seems to be a bad side effect...Now mangle does the same damage as shred.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmofiend View Post
    No, they nerfed rake so it's not better to just spam rake in place of mangle or shred for combo building and damage. Unfortunately, shred seems to be a bad side effect...Now mangle does the same damage as shred.
    So its confirmed that they hotfixed rake already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmofiend View Post
    I see, that makes more sense now that you put it that way.

Shred does 20% more damage on bleeding targets than mangle. So there is a difference, shred will still be the CP builder

I see, that makes more sense now that you put it that way.

Shred does 20% more damage on bleeding targets than mangle. So there is a difference, shred will still be the CP builder
    Ah, I didn't test the Shred's damage by bleeds, thanks for the info. Then, yes all is good. I think having rake based on weapon damage is a good idea, unfortunately that ruins the damage for nonferal/guardians. Not sure if that's the reason blizzard has not yet based it on weapon dps.

Deleted
    i dont wanna be a 1button class ((

10+ Year Old Account
    its not a matter of being a 1 button class, we will never be that. It was just effective to spam it instead of shred. But its gone now
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2012-09-07 at 02:30 PM.

Deleted
    im frozen now till panda, so did they just simply nerf rake or they nerfed it+boosted mangle/shred a bit?

Deleted
    im not really too fussed, spamming rake was weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    im not really too fussed, spamming rake was weird.
    yeah I was aswel, I felt dirty do it followed by "this is gonna get nerfed"

Quote Originally Posted by wad View Post
    im frozen now till panda, so did they just simply nerf rake or they nerfed it+boosted mangle/shred a bit?
    They boosted Mangle and Shred a little. What I would like to know now, is how bad of a nerf was it? What I do know is any time our bleeds take a nerf our target switching is hurt even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinderhoof View Post
    They boosted Mangle and Shred a little. What I would like to know now, is how bad of a nerf was it? What I do know is any time our bleeds take a nerf our target switching is hurt even more.
    This was the part I think I misunderstood earlier, the way it seems to me is that they nerfed the initial strike with Rake, not the bleed ticks. They wanted the DoT to tick hard, but not the initial strike that grants a CP because it ended up doing more damage than shred or mangle and thus making them useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets hope thats all they did *fingers crossed*

Is the hotfix part of the class balance thread on battle.net? Looking for the actual value changes in both Rake and Shred.

They have not posted values yet. This seems to just be a hotfix. Really shocked they didn't let us have more fun with it. Just one tier I would like to be the OP class, instead of the class begging all tier for a buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    WHY DO YOU PEOPLE NEED TO REPORT EVERY SINGLE THING!?!?!?! DONT SAY ANYTHING!!! ok im done...Ill see myself out.

Better for us to report it now when there is a chance they will not break it outright. Or you know we could have a Repeat of T11 all over again where Blizzard over reacts and we nerfed into the ground and have to wait till T12 to be fixed. I will take the chance over the over-reaction thanks.

This was the part I think I misunderstood earlier, the way it seems to me is that they nerfed the initial strike with Rake, not the bleed ticks. They wanted the DoT to tick hard, but not the initial strike that grants a CP because it ended up doing more damage than shred or mangle and thus making them useless.
    That's not how rake is coded. The initial hit is the same as a DoT tick, aka they do the same damage.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    so the bleed got nerfed or the inital strike of rake? if just the strike then everything is cool, target switching is like it was i guess

edit: just red Pawket's post, so my question, does rake hits sensibly less now?
    Last edited by mmoc0e71db9810; 2012-09-07 at 10:21 PM.