Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    5 hours a day and this every day IS powering. 24 hours = 6-8 hours sleep. 8-10 hours work. Then around 16 hours of the day are over. 8 left, and 5 of these 8 hours you play a game, right? You don't eat? You don't wash yourself? You dont make your laundry? You dont use your time for your wife or your kids? Conclusion is, you have to be jobless and a single to have 5 hours A DAY to play a video game, just a fact.
    To be fair, you did use their most played time (being 5 hours) and ignored his 3 and 4's to draw your conclusions. That's just.. wrong. Not to mention your logic doesn't make any sense. You claim 8-10 hours is reserved for work but then you go on accusing them of being jobless. Not sure what Wife/Kids have to do with this. Families/couples play games together all the time.

Just cause you say it's a fact don't make it so. It's too easy to claim things as factual on the internet these days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    5 hours a day and this every day IS powering. 24 hours = 6-8 hours sleep. 8-10 hours work. Then around 16 hours of the day are over. 8 left, and 5 of these 8 hours you play a game, right? You don't eat? You don't wash yourself? You dont make your laundry? You dont use your time for your wife or your kids? Conclusion is, you have to be jobless and a single to have 5 hours A DAY to play a video game, just a fact.
    That's a bit harsh and personal and not a fact, no offense, but I'm a professional earning a fairly decent wage and have a husband and I manage to spend more than 5 hours a day at the PC.

I get home from work at 5, I log into GW2. I go to bed at 11, I log off GW2. I'm 80, 97% map exploration (I hate you, Henge of Denravi), a couple of alts in the 20s.

Now, that doesn't mean I'm focused entirely on the computer hardcore farming or grinding whatever I'm after. I let my wife play sometimes. I let my daughter play sometimes. I step away to cook dinner, do laundry, go to the bathroom, take a shower, whatever else I have to do.

So yeah, I play 5-6 hours a night, and I still have time to do everything else I have to do, because I manage my time well.

And for the record, I still love the game, despite its many flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinomatic View Post
    I hate you, Henge of Denravi
    Suck it!!

<3

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they add more content and improve what they already have. I'm a PvE player at heart, and I find the PvE in this game to be the secondary concern of ANet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    What kind of design philosophy is this? "Don't play the game, 'go outside' instead"

This sort of attitude never helps games
    A real life philosophy, I wasn't really serious though since I don't think he was, and neither are you
    Last edited by mmoc7104c19b7e; 2012-09-25 at 10:02 PM.

Deleted
    I hope they'll add more pvp content (Especially on the sPvp side)

Deleted
    yes indeed as of experience of arena net and the other games that come from that area of games theyre will be lots of content and expansions man guild wars orignal atleast 3 that i know of!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nighties View Post
    To be fair, you did use their most played time (being 5 hours) and ignored his 3 and 4's to draw your conclusions. That's just.. wrong. Not to mention your logic doesn't make any sense. You claim 8-10 hours is reserved for work but then you go on accusing them of being jobless. Not sure what Wife/Kids have to do with this. Families/couples play games together all the time.

Just cause you say it's a fact don't make it so. It's too easy to claim things as factual on the internet these days.
    ^this... the inconsistencies within the argument are just plain odd.

I mean, I partially agree - you should try not to spend ALL of your free time at the PC. Save time for non-gaming family activity (meaning both pets and humans, dogs and cats need attention and love), for exercise, for cooking meals (microwave doesn't count), for visiting with real friends out in the world (sure, you can be social online, but it doesn't beat the real thing), for reading books... or SOME other hobby (what, do you paint? Draw? write fiction?).
    And I'm saying that as somebody who would prefer to spend every waking hour of the day at his computer, no lie. I simply recognize that it's not good to do that. Not healthy, both physically and mentally.

But you can't say that 8-10 hours are work, and then go on to say "You have to be jobless to play 5 hours every day!" because it's not fact - it's simply contradictory. People do it, and get along in life just fine. It's just that, in my opinion and clearly many others... life is better with a bit of variety.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Whilst it's fair to dislike GW2's dungeons, it seems utterly bizarre to say you dislike them, specifically because they're chaotic, then express your enjoyment of Borderlands 2. Borderlands 2 is basically screaming no-tactics chaos writ large. So you dislike screaming no-tactics chaos when it's in GW2, but not BL2? Fair enough, but you understand that that seems pretty strange, right?

The other thing that seems interesting about your post is that you say you play with a set group of friends who agreed on all this, but GW2 dungeons are for 5 people, and BL2 is a 4-player game at most, so surely one of your friends is forced to sit that out, which surely sucks? Either that or you were having to sub in a non-friend for the GW2 dungeons, or just 4-person'ing them?

That's interesting to me, because I tried doing the latter two things in a number of other MMOs, and I found that it made them frustrating even if the MMO was otherwise good. I 4-man'd what, all of Classic WoW up to the max-level dungeons, back in the early WoW era, and boy was that painful and unpleasant. Like you say, it wasn't that we were dying, it was that it wasn't a lot of fun, because it was much harder work than 5-person would have been. Similarly, in TBC I had three friends (two different from before) who I played with a lot, and we often had to get "just some guy", and "just some guy" made the whole experience a hell of a lot less fun (TBC dungeons were less practical to 4-man than Classic WoW ones, I'd suggest, early on).

So if you were trying to do either of those things in GW2, I think that may be the source of your problem, not GW2.

If you weren't, well, I pity your friend who has to sit out when the rest of you play BL2!
    I play with two friends Comparing GW2 en BL2 is like comparing poop and piss. They both end up in the category game, but they come from different places and have an entirely different feel and look to them.

Oh and just to make sure we're still on the same page. I have pugged dungeons my entire life (*cough* noticed how out of sync this is with reality, but you get the point). Because I like pugging. Since I've been a tank for roughly 6 years in WoW, right from the start, untill they just kept making it so easy I had to quit or I would commit ritual suicide (a joke, but sadly they did ritually sacrifice tanking as a challenging minigame), I've also always been pulling parties, including baddies, through instances. Was part of what I did. Pugs never stopped me from enjoying anything.

I'm also confused how people can not see how badly the dungeons are designed. If there would be a properly working camera in tight corners, it would be something I could live with, but the camera often sticks you to a position in the wall, instead of going for a FPS pov when you get near large objects. As a result, your entire vision is gone and all you still see is the spell effects (on that mob you're hugging, otherwise you only see wall) and that wall.

There's so many more things I could mention about the current state of the dungeons, but it's lost in the ears of the devoted.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-09-26 at 06:50 AM. Reason: fixed some typo's, but I'm sure there's plenty more until I had more coffee....

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    My friend became bored of the game after 2 weeks, pumping over an astounding 120 hours into the game. I myself am only level 20. I am taking the game slow, playing it when I want, and when I'm in the mood - and let me tell you, every second of it is amazing. If I sat there, trying to reach level 80 as fast as I can, and get the best gear, the game would become so boring I wouldn't be able to stand the sight of it.

You need to play the game in moderation more - and yes, I do think there is more coming to this game, but nothing big like other posters have said.

Quote Originally Posted by jarric View Post
    My friend became bored of the game after 2 weeks, pumping over an astounding 120 hours into the game. I myself am only level 20. I am taking the game slow, playing it when I want, and when I'm in the mood - and let me tell you, every second of it is amazing. If I sat there, trying to reach level 80 as fast as I can, and get the best gear, the game would become so boring I wouldn't be able to stand the sight of it.

You need to play the game in moderation more - and yes, I do think there is more coming to this game, but nothing big like other posters have said.
    You got in 8 hours of playing during the 3 weeks since launch ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jarric View Post
    My friend became bored of the game after 2 weeks, pumping over an astounding 120 hours into the game.
    Well i think (almost) everything become boring if you do it 120 hrs in 2 weeks. I am really enjoying the game but i try not to exceed my usual playtime just to avoid to become gaming addicted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nighties View Post
    If BL2 came out after GW2, then logic dictates that you didn't pay for it because the last game you paid prior to GW2 was Sleeping Dogs. Right? Unless you somehow got your hands on BL2 before GW2 was released..

Not calling you a liar or anything.
    Yay, sentence analyzing time!

"The last game I paid $60 for prior to GW2 was Sleeping Dogs."

Verb is "pay", subject is "Sleeping Dogs", condition is "prior to GW2".

Reconstructing sentence in other words...

"Sleeping Dogs was the last game I purchased for $60, before GW2 was released."

Importing Borderlands 2 release date... Borderlands 2 release date found not to be prior to GW2 release date.

Importing Sleeping Dogs release date... Sleeping Dogs release date found to be prior to GW2 release date.

Adding information...

"Sleeping Dogs was the last game I purchased for $60, before GW2 was released. After GW2 was released, I also purchased Borderlands 2."

Sentence completed. Toaster returning to standby mode.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-09-27 at 04:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffux View Post
    To start off, I would like to say that I love gw2 so far but It feels like something is missing at level80... i've gotten 100% world exploration and full armor/weapon sets in 3 dungeons so far. I've played WvWvW a lot but I feel theres something missing from the pve aspect of the game. I'm not asking that i want raids but something needs to be added so we can use our awesome looking exotics to use instead of just running around lion archs showing off. My question is do you feel like arenanet will add in more things to do at level80 in the future?
    Well you didnt know there would be x-pacs for GW2? Guess plenty informed you by now that there will be.
    Im personally happy that pve isnt main focus for this game, plenty of other games doing it out there... Rift got a x-pac coming soon and that's the lord of pve atm. However, anet is neglecting pvp atm which probably is the longlivity of the game. Not a good call, and I hope they update that field soon enough. Reading spvp subforum in GW2 isnt a pretty sight now =(

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Well you didnt know there would be x-pacs for GW2? Guess plenty informed you by now that there will be.
    You know about all this great content? Well, it's not in the game right now, but it will be soon™. We just don't know when soon™ is. But you can not downrate a game for missing content that is still coming. You evil, evil man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    You know about all this great content? Well, it's not in the game right now, but it will be soon™. We just don't know when soon™ is. But you can not downrate a game for missing content that is still coming. You evil, evil man.
    Well most spvp content was promised in marketing of the game, and yet it's not there. Many people are downrating it because they feel like they were being fooled to buy the big mmo esportgame of epicness and now there is no sight of it whatsoever and pretty much only ignorance of the devs on the matter. People arent as patient and understanding these days, and with many mmos being a letdown... not getting promised content and being ignored about it isnt going to make players happy, patient, and aren't going to keep them in the game. It's taking too long to get promised content, and the longer they wait the harder it will hit. Sure they already sold enough copies to be satisfied themselves, but for somehow they made themselves out to be the gaming company of love and care for their players
    Last edited by mmocb8e9590de3; 2012-09-26 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Well most spvp content was promised in marketing of the game, and yet it's not there. Many people are downrating it because they feel like they were being fooled to buy the big mmo esportgame of epicness and now there is no sight of it whatsoever and pretty much only ignorance of the devs on the matter. People arent as patient and understanding these days, and with many mmos being a letdown... not getting promised content and being ignored about it isnt going to make players happy, patient, and aren't going to keep them in the game. It's taking too long to get promised content, and the longer they wait the harder it will hit. Sure they already sold enough copies to be satisfied themselves, but for somehow they made themselves out to be the gaming company of love and care for their players
    I was sort of being ironic

Deleted
    I read this thread title as: Do you feel GW2 has better furniture. Was utterly confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    OT:

Save time for non-gaming family activity (meaning both pets and humans, dogs and cats need attention and love)
    Don't have pets, don't like them. My parents get to see me once a week.

for exercise
    Thankfully I'm beyond the point where I need to practice my math skills for some exam.

for cooking meals (microwave doesn't count)
    Baah I hate cooking. I hate standing in front of the pot for 2 hours just to get stuffed. Still you can't really get around it if you want to stay healthy MW junk food is not good for the body in the long run. Thankfully I can see the kitchen from my PC so I can multi task. ^_^

for visiting with real friends out in the world (sure, you can be social online, but it doesn't beat the real thing)
    Agreed, but most friends only have time on weekends.

for reading books... or SOME other hobby (what, do you paint? Draw? write fiction?).
    I'm about as creatively talented as a brick, believe me I've tried. (SolidWorks doesn't count I guess) And I don't see the difference between reading a book or reading on my screen.

Bottom line?
    I've got lots of unused time I need to beat to death despite having a real life. That's why I sit in front of the computer so much. ._.

Sentence completed. Toaster returning to standby mode.
    Made my day.