Poll: 24 year old dating 12 year old, ok or not?

Page 1 of 67
... LastLast
    Deleted

24 year old dating 12 year old

Sources(put more as at first I didn't belive it either):
    http://www.ibtimes.com/akama-miki-an...ce-deny-795565
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1912831.html
    http://ca.omg.yahoo.com/blogs/north-...150400505.html

"Zhang Muyi, a 24-year-old pop star from China, made shockwaves recently when he publicly declared his love for Akama Miki, a 12-year-old Canadian-based child model.

The pair, who have been rumored to be dating for some time, seem to be something like legit after Muyi left a romantic message for Miki on her Sina Weibo, a social networking site, right after her 12th birthday:

"Wait until I'm old enough to marry you, and then I'm going to say 'I do,'" Miki wrote on Muyi's Weibo page, where she has 500,000 followers, just after her 12th birthday. "I simply can't wait for these next four birthdays of yours to pass, I'm counting down each one," he wrote back.

Muyi and Miki have been acquainted for some time, as Muyi became Miki's music coach when she was 8. They've recorded duets together and flood their social networking profiles with pictures of the two of them. A year after hiring Muyi, Miki won the 2009 National New Silk Road Modeling Competition's Children Pageant.

The pair trended on Twitter as news of their apparent romance spread as more and more people read their sappy public messages, and Muyi responded to the rumors on his Weibo: "There's nothing we can do about this, nor do we feel the need to prove anything to these people. All we can do is continue to persevere with our love, our life, and being together."

So, are the pop star and model engaged in a publicity stunt (as one paper suggests?) Or is this a real relationship? No one seems to be sure."

Deleted
    I'm not surprised, though i'm more used to hearing 14/15 and someone above 20's

Deleted
    He's no more than a pedophile imo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkChaos View Post
    He's no more than a pedophile imo
    Not nessecarily, if they're hes into her and shes into him but they're not doing anything untill the appropriate age, he can't be labeled as a pedophile. I had a friend that was 13 who had a boyfriend that was 19, ( y i had weird friends) but technically he should be a pedophile too
    though no one sees him as one. i don't know what it is exactly, but even my friends mother found it ok

If they're having any "relations", it's sexual assault. Otherwise, it's just creepy. I suppose he's a hebephile, which is pretty nasty, but I don't really know what to say about it. WTF is up with this little girl's parents though?

yea, that is a bit creepy - she's 12 ffs!
    <insert witty signature here>

In my opinion a 12 year old is not emotionally developed enough to have a real relationship, so I'd consider this paedophillism(spelling) regardless of the level of physical involvement. The child cannot grasp what is actually going on.

Silly man. He needs to wait and see if puberty makes her fat.

It does sometimes...

Creepy but, if they aint doing anything not much anyone can say or do about it.
    Oh hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Silly man. He needs to wait and see if puberty makes her fat.

It does sometimes...
    Girls like her don't get fat!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    Girls like her don't get fat!
    Tell that to all of the sexy girls I went to highschool with. Too much mickey d's.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could be trolling the hell out of everyone... or it could be "real" and (extremely) creepy. A twelve year difference is quite a gap, and this screams pedo to me. Children are vulnerable, and the guy putting himself in a position of power (as her coach) made it pretty easy for him to exploit that vulnerability (whether it was intentional or not). All I have to say is... I hope his intentions are as legit as he lets the internet see.

Its not right but describing it as creepy :S *FacePalm*

adj , creepier , creepiest
    1. informal having or causing a sensation of horror, or fear, as of creatures crawling on the skin.

Really ?

It's unfortunate, really. I'd say to most guys, at least up to a certain age, girls look best and are most appealing when they're young (16-18ish) and possibly untouched. It's biology, we want first claim. Which is fine, except that now girls younger and younger (12ish) are looking and behaving in ways that they shouldn't yet. They're developed enough to mate and flaunt, but still have the illusion of innocence to them. Most guys have the sense not to be drawn in, since it's typically illegal and socially humiliating, but I kind of sympathize with those that do. That poor fool isn't ever going to hear the end of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Tell that to all of the sexy girls I went to highschool with. Too much mickey d's.
    I honestly don't see much fat asian girls(not trying to be racist its a good thing!), but yes they do exist just like everyone else!

Even if they haven't done anything physical yet, sexual grooming isn't okay. He should have kept it strictly platonic instead of emulating this creepy wife husbandry trope.

If you are really so in love, you can bloody well wait 4 years.

Deleted
    The guy looks about 14 so it's ok.

He is just an inmature 24 year old kid taking advantage the inmature 12 year old girl.

Its not ok, and someone should tell that "pop star" that what he is doing is NOT ok.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Even if they haven't done anything physical yet, sexual grooming isn't okay. He should have kept it strictly platonic instead of emulating this creepy wife husbandry trope.

If you are really so in love, you can bloody well wait 4 years.
    But they are waiting, it isnt much diffrent from parents getting their daughter into arranged marriege with some guy thats 25

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    But they are waiting, it isnt much diffrent from parents getting their daughter into arranged marriege with some guy thats 25
    You make it sound arranging for your 12 year old daughter to be married off to someone double her age is a good thing.