Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    It's how we've always done it. We tried a game with a hidden comp and only a few liked it. We tried another one with a comp that was a blatant lie and I don't think anyone liked it :3
    I kind of want to create a game eventually, maybe in a couple weeks, but it would have to be the style I'm used to moderating. I feel like I could change some mind/s and add a new (old?) element to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The dead thread had almost the full scum team picked before Keleb kindly showed us all the roles.

GJ eliminating the competition

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I kind of want to create a game eventually, maybe in a couple weeks, but it would have to be the style I'm used to moderating. I feel like I could change some mind/s and add a new (old?) element to the game.
    Good luck, people get mad too easily :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    You have a better chance trying to make it rain skittles, but you're free to try.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

You have a better chance trying to make it rain skittles, but you're free to try.
    I'll make it rain glow in the dark skittles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dwarf Lover View Post
    Worer...How could you! I trusted you!!!!
    Sorry man i never said im not a mafia though

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    I did listen
    Yes, me too.
    Last edited by mmoce45982384d; 2012-10-04 at 04:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    Oh god dammit Kray, why you didn't suspected as a proper SK?!
    Out of this entire clusterfuck of a game (there are some people whose intelligence and reading ability I question right now) you point this out??? Thanks for the laugh.

I think this setup had one or two too many scum, but with how the first day and night went it's hard to tell. Really bad luck with me getting blown up by an inactive person (I wanted, and almost always want, active people and new players to survive longer just so the game draws more interest.

Silkku coming out and claiming cop looked scummy to me and I knew he was the cop...

Worgen looked to be on some sort of mission or vendetta to get Lysah killed so I didn't know who or what to believe at first.

10+ Year Old Account
    think this setup had one or two too many scum,
    5:8 not counting the cc is a bit too much in scum's favor. It's ok to be 1:1:2 if there's two mafia teams, but if not, it has to be 1:2 and that's counting traitors and sks. Basically either one less mafia member(though a team of 2 is meh) or one less traitor(which is ok).

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    TBH, too much scum in this game. Changing the SK into a Mafia and then dropping one traitor off might have made this a bit more balanced. Then again, losing 5 townies in 2 days doesn't do town too much good either so meh, might have been just bad luck and a balanced game. And having 5 inactive townies screws the game over too

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's why I stopped modding Too many people sign up saying they'll play and then post once or twice and that's it. Would you guys watch *insert favorite sport here* if half the team just sat around watching the others play?

I watch Tennis, solo sports are best sports. No room for people like Tom Brady to be carried by amazing teammates and get all the credit while still being an average player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I watch Tennis, solo sports are best sports. No room for people like Tom Brady to be carried by amazing teammates and get all the credit while still being an average player.
    I'd just like to point out that Tom Brady had like no talent for WR or TE and barely anything for RB either and carried that team to 3 super bowls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    I wish I knew sports.

And yeah I learned quite a few things from this game.

I'd just like to point out that Tom Brady had like no talent for WR or TE and barely anything for RB either and carried that team to 3 super bowls.
    Tom Brady is definitely what carried that team and not pretty much every other amazing player on the team. I'm pretty sure most people agree he had one of the best offensive lines in the sport. It's not hard to be QB when there is never any actual pressure on you because no one can get to you.

On the other hand, I can't believe how long ago those superbowl games were already. Good lord!
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-10-04 at 04:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's why I stopped modding Too many people sign up saying they'll play and then post once or twice and that's it. Would you guys watch *insert favorite sport here* if half the team just sat around watching the others play?
    I don't watch sports, the closest I get would be this and as you can see, most members sit around and watch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Tom Brady is definitely what carried that team and not pretty much every other amazing player on the team. I'm pretty sure most people agree he had one of the best offensive lines in the sport. It's not hard to be QB when there is never any actual pressure on you because no one can get to you.

On the other hand, I can't believe how long ago those superbowl games were already. Good lord!
    Other teams have gotten better and they really haven't been doing much of anything with their defense :\ And a good OL can only take you so far, you still need to have a good qb to actually get anything done. Saying Tom Brady is average as a QB is like saying Joe Montana was average too. Go put another qb that's a C level qb in his spot and watch him suck bad. (not counting what's his name who took over when Brady was out for a season not too long ago. He was sitting there behind Brady learning how the offense ran and such so it wasn't too difficult for him to do well. The Patriots still missed the playoffs that year and Cassel went on to the Chiefs I think and sucked bad. Aaron Rodgers is a similar example cept he had talent, sat behind Favre for 4 years or h/e long it was and took over without missing a stride and b/c of his talent plus never leaving, has become a great qb)
    Last edited by Loaf; 2012-10-04 at 05:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the Patriots. I hate Michigan (where Brady went to college).

Tom Brady IS, without a shadow of a doubt, one of the best QB's to play this game in the last 15 years. During the same era I'd probably only say Peyton Manning is better. Some older guys that crossed over into this era late in their careers who were just as good were Young, Aikman, and Moon.

Brady has had the help of some pretty good defenses, but it is a team sport. He's, for the most part, turned some fairly average WR's into good players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    Brady has had the help of some pretty good defenses, but it is a team sport. He's, for the most part, turned some fairly average WR's into good players.
    This! He never had a top tier type WR till the first year with Randy Moss and you can see what they did. Peyton is good, possibly the best, but can he do with average receivers what Brady did most of his career? I don't know how well the receivers are in Denver, but I don't recall them ever getting any standouts.

(also, to note, I am a 49ers fan first and foremost and a Patriots fan 2nd)

I don't know, with Peyton in the lead the Colts consistently put their receivers in the top of the TD/generic pass reception lists. I guess you can decide for yourself if this is because they, themselves were awesome or Peyton made them awesome =p

Personally, when people say Brady is one of the best QB's of our generation, I just don't see it. Maybe I'm just tired of hearing about him and biased, but hey that's good football. I would still argue that no amount of talent in a replacement QB will make a team viable, some pretty solid players have failed when they had to step in simply because there is no substitute to actually playing with the team. I was reallllllllly hoping the Pats would make the playoffs without Brady, I don't think I've ever rooted harder for a team I didn't like. Unfortunately, they just gave the "Brady is the best QB evar!" fans even more ammo.

Well, at least they aren't the Steelers.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Colts got a lot worse when they lost THEIR QB, just saying. If you want to talk about a player who is absolutely the core of a team~
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-10-04 at 06:24 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, I think it's called Handegg (or "football" if you are amerikano) or something