Thread: Is my raid bad?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is my raid bad?

Hi guys, I'm just coming here for some advice regarding my raid.
    I've recently joined a newly formed "Hardcore" raid group (Yes they do consider themselves hardcore :|), However, Right now we are wiping to NORMAL Garajal, due to the holy paladin being unable to keep us up when the other healer is in the spirit realm.

The top of the DPS on every fight is either our hunter (Normally BM or Survival, Depending on the fight. I'm fairly sure he runs with BM during progress), or Me, an Elemental shaman.

I'm not a great shaman by any means, and I am fairly sure that I shouldn't be topping. I am worried about our other member's skill levels due to this. I have heard that hunters are not that great either. I can attach a world of logs report if you would like to see it.

If that didn't make sense, what I am basically asking is, Does my raid suck?
    Last edited by Hezlek; 2012-10-13 at 07:27 AM.
    Elemental - Dragonslayer, Firelord, Savior, Delver

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with newly formed HC guilds is they generally are not HC whatsoever.
    They're usually filled with average players who think that they're amazing or just want a foot in the door to HC raiding.
    Plus you guys have barely played with each other, so that's a huge factor.

Logs or we can't help.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's your holy pally, obviously. Deal with him, you should be good.

Made by the fabulous i4ni <3

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/224564/

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 06:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by L-P-R View Post
    It's your holy pally, obviously. Deal with him, you should be good.
    Any advice on how to prove to the raid leader that the H pally sucks? Never had to try to get someone kicked before :|

It's quite obvious if you are joining a 'hardcore' guild and have problems dealing with normal mode, that this guild has no potential whatsoever to actually become a hardcore guild.

Raiding every evening (or even 5-6 times a week, dunno) doesn't equal being hardcore, it equals being a nolife.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodymoman View Post
    It's quite obvious if you are joining a 'hardcore' guild and have problems dealing with normal mode, that this guild has no potential whatsoever to actually become a hardcore guild.

Raiding every evening (or even 5-6 times a week, dunno) doesn't equal being hardcore, it equals being a nolife.
    Actually, spending a lot of time is what makes you hardcore over casual.

Your holy paladin is only doing 11k hps on some fights. Not sure how its possible to do that low, especially with BoL transfers.

Is he going oom? He didnt log out in holy gear so I cant check that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, on feng he is normally oom halfway during phase 2, and on Stone guard at about 60%

Well i think you holy pali is your issue? maybe either get him to go read about his class or replace. And as to the hardcore as people have said.. the people ive been raiding with, Ive raided coming close to 3 years with most of them so we know each others traits and what we are capable of....
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

10+ Year Old Account
    With our rogue, his dps is very low, Could someone with rogue knowledge tell me if this is a gameplay issue or a gear issue?
    Thanks so much for all the help so far guys , I really appreciate it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hezlek View Post
    Yes, on feng he is normally oom halfway during phase 2, and on Stone guard at about 60%
    Get him to log out in holy gear so we can check that. Sounds like he doesn't have enough spirit or he just sucks, with the most probable being the second of the two.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 09:20 AM ----------

With our rogue, his dps is very low, Could someone with rogue knowledge tell me if this is a gameplay issue or a gear issue?
    Thanks so much for all the help so far guys , I really appreciate it
    Rogues are fairly average as far as I know, nothing that warrants <50k by a skilled player though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, he's not on right now, but i did have a look and it's the full dungeon set with spirit reforges where possible. I guess this means that he sucks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, he's not on right now, but i did have a look and it's the full dungeon set with spirit reforges where possible. I guess this means that he sucks?
    By the sounds yes. A Hpala really should not go Oom that fast.

Any advice on how to prove to the raid leader that the H pally sucks? Never had to try to get someone kicked before :|
    Since its stalling your progression, it shouldn't be too difficult to say "Hey, let's try mixing up the roster a little and see if that helps." If the replacement outperforms the previous member any HARDCORE raidleader should have no trouble benching the underperformer. and any HARDCORE raider should have no problem being benched if it facilitates progression.

If you don't have a replacement (better) healer lined up, you're stuck with the paladin regardless of skill level. If that's the case, start trying to (discretely) recruit a replacement thats acceptable to you.

IF you have better healers available to your raid, and the raidleader isn't bringing them. GTFO and don't look back.

But otherwise, unless you have no firm commitment to the guild, and better offers elsewhere, don't complain publicly, and do your best to provide solutions and not just point out problems.

Looking through his logs he isnt using Flash of light at all, so how he's going OOM is a mystery. He's not abusing Divine Light either, so im really stumped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    By the sounds yes. A Hpala really should not go Oom that fast.
    I agree. On Feng I didn't get close to OOM untill into the last phase but by then my mana CDs were up again. Even then I don't feel as though I'm getting as much mana back as I could be (from spirit etc.).

P.S. My guild is stuck on Gara-Jal as well and I'm the holy pala. Was really worried that you were one of my raiders :P was gonna throw a fit that you thought I was bad!
    Last edited by mmoca9562f3cee; 2012-10-13 at 07:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looked at the log for Feng, your rogue had only a 54% uptime on RvS which is absolutely horrible, it should be nowhere below 95-97%. He had an uptime of only 67% on SnD which also should be at least 95-97% uptime. Your rogue has some major problems with those two abilities.

Your prot paladin should switch to using Seal of Insight considering how badly Seal of Truth was nerfed, the extra self-healing from it combined with Glyph of Battle Healer makes it very powerful, I'm doing 20k hps while tanking thanks to it. Your prot paladin also should be using Glyph of Divine Protection. Glyph of Alabaster Shield and Glyph Word of Glory are both quite weak. The active tank during the fight should be chaining CDs at the start once the first healer goes into the spirit realm to reduce the strain on the other healer. Paladin tank needs to enchant their bracers and cloak, need to remove the haste reforge from the bracers and change into mastery. Remove reforge from gloves, hit is more valuable than haste. I'd suggest swapping Stay of Execution for Light's Hammer, the AoE healing is handy for the heavy aoe phases on Feng and other bosses(Holy Prism is currently rather broken so don't bother with it).
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2012-10-13 at 08:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you very much everyone I will get my guild master to read this . Have any of you noticed anything else odd from other raiders? thanks again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbodymoman View Post

Hardcore is with the mentality, and I'd argue that it is often misused, just like the term "casual".

Nothing beats the term no-life though, people misuse that all the freakin' time.