Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Icarris View Post
    With only 6 bosses a week and no guarantee of getting gear. I've done lfr every week and haven't seen a single piece drop for me. That's a horrible way of getting gear since its only once a week.
    You can only down bosses in normal or heroic modes once a week and you have no guarantee of getting loot from those either. That's the way gearing works at the upper levels. Plus the other lfrs will be coming out soon too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icarris View Post
    With only 6 bosses a week and no guarantee of getting gear. I've done lfr every week and haven't seen a single piece drop for me. That's a horrible way of getting gear since its only once a week.
    And ultimately leaves with you very little to do progression wise. If you don't like dailies what are your options. Dungeons are finished at 463. LFR is once a week. So either pug raid or try and pvp I guess. The system currently has a huge hole in it.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Can you people stop whining about everything, you could have already been exalted with every faction, like a lot of people, and simply not have to care about it for a long, long time.

As for raiding, you fail to realize that there's 2 more LFR raids coming in the next few weeks, or does having gear for no purpose mean so much to you in the first month of a 1-2year long expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Don't bother. This debate has been hashed out so many fucking times. It's become apparent that if any other options are presented than dailies just fall apart and they must be maintained as the sole source of rep in this game, choice be damned.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 12:08 AM ----------

A few days is a clever euphamism. It's alot more than a few days unfortunately. Dailies in cata I didn't have to touch.
    The same is true now. The only ones we end up being forced to do is Golden Lotus, which I admittedly don't care for. Seeing how the game has been out a month and I lvl'd somewhat slowly and I am exalted or revered with all of the faction it doesn't take that long. Ppl bitching about too many dailies just need to dial it back some and not do every single one you can and burn out on quests. In the spirit of Halloween this is the same as a kid eating all of his candy as soon as he is done trick or treating and then wonders why he feels sick.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

at first I thought it was going to be about suicide... turns out it's another thread about something noone cares about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Um, if you don't like doing dailies then don't do them? The gear isn't mandatory, it's not even a full set, it just fills gaps.

If you can't afford to spend 45 mins a night doing dailies, or would prefer not to, then just don't do them and raid with the gear you have (which I assume is at the least 463 in every socket with Sha boots and chance at LFR epics, so perfectly capable of doing MV and Heart of Fear).

I was trying to address the thread in general, because I find points which aren't grounded in logic are generally hard to refute so why bother arguing with you?

The current system is miles ahead of "here is a vendor for a free set of epics" especially since you can easily afford to ignore dailies all together unless you are running heroic modes (in which case 45 mins a night for better progression seems like an easy price to pay).

Sorry, did I miss your point again? Honestly, I don't care.
    Then why did you post? The system is not miles ahead by any stretch of the imagination. Rep grinding in cata was so painless and rewarding NOBODY EVEN NOTICED IT. Seriously I don't remember a single god damn complaint about it. It's not so much the 45 minutes it's the daily requirement itself. dailies aren't flexible like dungeons were.

Nothign in warcraft is mandatory and frankly free set of epics never happened. Your not being very logical at all actually and are just more of a reactionary.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

And ultimately leaves with you very little to do progression wise. If you don't like dailies what are your options. Dungeons are finished at 463. LFR is once a week. So either pug raid or try and pvp I guess. The system currently has a huge hole in it.
    As I said in my last post, only getting to down bosses for loot once also applies to normal and heroic bosses. They're just more time consuming to kill. Normal mode raiders cant' spam Stone Guardians for drops every day either.

There are people who actually enjoy dailies. And like you said, the stuff you get from those reps isn't needed nor required to do anything else in the game..so I guess grats on suddenly realizing that?? People need to get over the fact that you do not need to do dailies; at all. It's a pretty simple concept that is very hard for the majority of people who hate dailes to grasp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    The same is true now. The only ones we end up being forced to do is Golden Lotus, which I admittedly don't care for. Seeing how the game has been out a month and I lvl'd somewhat slowly and I am exalted or revered with all of the faction it doesn't take that long. Ppl bitching about too many dailies just need to dial it back some and not do every single one you can and burn out on quests. In the spirit of Halloween this is the same as a kid eating all of his candy as soon as he is done trick or treating and then wonders why he feels sick.
    No the same isn't true now. Valor gear wasn't behind dailies in cataclysm and dailies in cataclysm I could easily forget in favor of a rep tabard. It's not that it takes long, (although it does take longer than your making it out to be) it's just that in cataclysm I could farm it to my hearts content on the days I could farm it. This system lacks the flexibilty that getting rep from a tabard had and it's for next to no reason other than hey look dungeons are to rewarding which is in and of itself a foolish notion.

I could have easily NEVER touched a daily quest in cata and I don't think I did actually and still got lots of raid level gear outside of the raid. My guy would progress dailies or not.
    The hammer comes down:

OP, gl in whatever you do. I understand you find it frustrating to do dailies. I don't think it should warrant you quitting the game though, as there must be other things that are fun that you like to do that are not dailies, right? But if you do, glad on you. There's no need for you to stick around if the bad is outweighing the good.

In my opinion, I like the dailies and the slow rep grind. It reminds me of Vanilla when I was farming Cenarion Circle rep. Or Furblog rep. I like the sense of accomplishment I feel from the massive grind. I've been making a lot of gold, and as I've hit exalted with more than half the reps and only have 3 more to go before I'm done with MoP, the amounts of dailies I do have significantly lessened.

To me it's just another thing you do in the game to get what you want in the game. I see it as:

Do dailies ~> Get rep
    Get rep ~> Get 489s and cool mounts
    Do dungeons ~> Get 463s (and VP)
    Do normal raids ~> Get 489s
    Do PVP ~> Get 458s
    Do LFR ~> Get 476s
    Do Arena ~> Get 483s

I get that it's different than the other expansions. TBC/WotLK had rep vendors that you had to do quests/dailies/dungeons to get the rep. Cata had the same quests/dailies/dungeons but this was the first expansion that had a queuing system throughout it's entirety, which is why everyone felt that the easiest way to get rep was to only do dungeons and neglect the quests/dailies. Blizzard felt that this was a bad move because no one would leave the cities unless they were farming mats or heading to a normal mode raid so they took the dungeon option out. They might bring it back in, but if you can understand their reasoning, it makes it easier to deal with it. If you can't put up with it, if I didn't like it the same way you don't like it, then I'd quit too. Go find another game to play.

Otherwise, if you want the rewards the rep vendors offer, you gotta take the steps that Blizzard outlined to get it done. It's like a big quest and the reward is these cool mounts and gear. The quest objectives are "do dailies". I'm not sure why they're such a big deal to a lot of people that are making it ruin their lives.

Edit:
    Finally, to really address the people that hate it but absolutely need the gear. If you keep up with it and just get it done, you would be done already. I'm revered with every rep I want gear from, right now. I can stop and never do a daily again already. I like the mounts so I'm gonna push to exalted.
    Last edited by kenshinag; 2012-10-30 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Additional Point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    As I said in my last post, only getting to down bosses for loot once also applies to normal and heroic bosses. They're just more time consuming to kill. Normal mode raiders cant' spam Stone Guardians for drops every day either.
    No but they now have another option that guy's who can't raid don't really have. I'm all for raiding being the primary way to get gear, I'd just like to see dungeons offer more of that in the same regard.
    The hammer comes down:

Don't bother. This debate has been hashed out so many fucking times. It's become apparent that if any other options are presented than dailies just fall apart and they must be maintained as the sole source of rep in this game, choice be damned.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 12:08 AM ----------

A few days is a clever euphamism. It's alot more than a few days unfortunately. Dailies in cata I didn't have to touch.
    Ppl had to do something to get helmet and shoulder enchants, the only ones that could skip on some of that were ppl that had Inscription.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    Man you would have hated TBC...LOL

Getting rep to get heroic keys, to get into heroics ooooh the days, when did you join the game?
    Even though question wasn't addressed to me, let me answer. Getting PvE vital reputation in TBC (and btw, Badge of Justice vendors weren't requiring any faction standing) could be done purely via instances without any gating at all. Oh and gold rewards from TBC dailies were actually meaning something, and they were also made to help roles with slower farming rates (tanks and healers) to make some cash. Currently, doing dailies as tankadin is deep misery and gold reward is beyond pathetic (and mob drops are pathetic too, most of them are on par with lv1-10 mobs' drops). Oh and relative kill-speed as tankadin in MoP went down by a lot in comparison even to same TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yet its better than any other MMO currently on the market.
    Which means that mmos are in a shithole right now

Then why did you post? The system is not miles ahead by any stretch of the imagination. Rep grinding in cata was so painless and rewarding NOBODY EVEN NOTICED IT. Seriously I don't remember a single god damn complaint about it. It's not so much the 45 minutes it's the daily requirement itself. dailies aren't flexible like dungeons were.

Nothign in warcraft is mandatory and frankly free set of epics never happened. Your not being very logical at all actually and are just more of a reactionary.
    Because you aren't the only person in the thread?

Dailies in cata were painless because you literally didn't have to do them. I seriously never even grinded my therazane rep and still managed to do heroic modes. You just ran dungeons, which you did anyway, and rep was thrown in for free.

I really don't understand how that's superior to the current model. You complain about a "hole" in the current system if you don't want to dailies, and how you would have to do PVP or something when you aren't raiding due to lockouts.

So please quantify exactly what cataclysm had that was different?

As far as I see it:

Cataclysm PVE Choices

-Raid (and raid finder later in the xpack)
    -Do heroics
    -Play alts
    -PVP
    -Do Professions

Pandaria PVE Choices
    -Raid/LFR
    -Do Heroics
    -Dailies
    -Challenge Modes
    -PVP
    -Alts
    -Professions

... so what exactly are you missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    You can only down bosses in normal or heroic modes once a week and you have no guarantee of getting loot from those either. That's the way gearing works at the upper levels. Plus the other lfrs will be coming out soon too.
    can't pug or do normals because no one will take me because I don'thave the gear. Because I don't want to do the dailies. The next tier of lfr has ia minimum of i470 to enter. So how do I advance?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean basically telling people not to do them is saying your not getting valor gear this expansion. Okay that's fine but let's be honest about it then.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Even though question wasn't addressed to me, let me answer. Getting PvE vital reputation in TBC (and btw, Badge of Justice vendors weren't requiring any faction standing) could be done purely via instances without any gating at all. Oh and gold rewards from TBC dailies were actually meaning something, and they were also made to help roles with slower farming rates (tanks and healers) to make some cash. Currently, doing dailies as tankadin is deep misery and gold reward is beyond pathetic (and mob drops are pathetic too, most of them are on par with lv1-10 mobs' drops). Oh and relative kill-speed as tankadin in MoP went down by a lot in comparison even to same TBC.
    Tankadins are broke...and yeah, yeah I understand but you still had to do 'work' to get that rep did you not? And doing dungeons back then wasn't a piece of cake like it is now >.>
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Ppl had to do something to get helmet and shoulder enchants, the only ones that could skip on some of that were ppl that had Inscription.

And if you still had to grind dailies to get the enchants not a single person whould gripe. Now, you get gear from doing the exact same thing and suddenly there is an issue with dailies. Proof that people are idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post

... so what exactly are you missing?
    Nothing it's what your missing that's the problem. Cataclysm PVE choices included running dungeons for raid quality gear. Doesn't happen by and large in this expansion. Alts are a pain in this expansion as well. Challenge modes don't give you gear. In fact alot of what you listed has NOTHING to do with progression.
    The hammer comes down: