Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    i'm torn, i liked the ease of the tabbards, but at the same time i do like the idea of doing some dailies, i think there are too much at the moment tho, which makes it TOO grindy, i'd say cut out a third to a half of the daily quests for each hub/faction and then double the rep granted so that the time frame is about the same, but its not as grindy

The expansion is going to be around for a long time till the next comes, plenty of time to do dailies slowly - there is no need to rush and get everything done asap - you do not get congratz email from Blizz for it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
    Reading through a lot of posts about people that hate having to do the daily's everyday and peoples replies saying don't do them. Such a pathetic response.

The tabard system worked why they changed it god knows... That way people that liked daily's could do them and get more rep quicker but those that didn't like to do them could farm heroics and get the rep by doing something they enjoy rather than being forced to do something they don't like to get mounts and epic gear.

I myself want these mounts, recipes and to spend the Valor Points I have rightfully earned but in order to get these things I HAVE to do daily's and I personally don't enjoy it but I do it because I want new mounts, epic gear and rare recipes.

Yes what they have done with the challenge mode to give people with extreme skill and a lot of time they get a special mount and special transmorg gear and world/realm first achievements. I won't be able to get these but I don't mind because these players deserve it for the dedication but why the hell should I have to dedicate 1-2 hours every day just to get stupid rep to spend valor points I have earned in an alternative way....

My point is people that say don't do them are narrow minded and can't see it from another perspective.

Perhaps the way around this is to bring back the tabards but grant the people that do the daily's more rep for taking the time to do them than that is received from the tabards would that solution work?
    You don't need to dedicate anything on a daily basis for reputation farming dailies, doing them every 2-3 days is enough as the reputation gain far exceeds the income of valor you'd be to obtain..

FYI; The tabard system didn't work, it highly favored doing random groups for increased valor points (also being flooded by justice points which you'd then turn into auction house BoE's)
    That system forced players into random groups despite a lot hating the very essence of that concept, but what is it you need the valor point gear for?- When Msv opened only a very very few players all over had any epic from the factions.., yet tons and tons of guilds took at least 2-3 bosses in the first reset without even having every raiding member fully decked in hc-dungeon gear, everything outside of normal raiding you don't need the rep-epics for.

Quote Originally Posted by morfraen View Post
    Daily's are optional content. People need to stop complaining about being 'required' to do them all every day :P
    Okay! take a player who don't raid: What, if that player is not doing dailies, is there for this player?
    How will this player play as he/she wants for some char-progression?

You will get the items without doing daily quests, but those who did do them will get the rewards first. You need to understand that Blizzard will nerf the daily grind into oblivion. They have a perfect track record of making gear easier to obtain over the lifetime of an expansion. By mid-to-late-expansion, I fully expect that you'll be able to gear alts up in full epics without doing a single daily quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe;18924891)
    That system [B
    forced[/B] players into random groups despite a lot hating the very essence of that concept, but what is it you need the valor point gear for?- When Msv opened only a very very few players all over had any epic from the factions.., yet tons and tons of guilds took at least 2-3 bosses in the first reset, everything outside of normal raiding you don't need the rep-epics for.
    No it didn't. You could have chosen to do cataclysm dailies, although granted they were a scant few. Tabards were more optional then then they are now where they are simply not an option. At all. I mean what you guys are saying is that dailies take so long and the valor gear is so gated that you shouldn't feel forced to do it because guess what your not getting valor gear this expansion at least when it's relevant. They may as well have just gotten rid of the valor gear. I'm surprised they didn't.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Reading through a lot of posts about people that hate having to do the daily's everyday and peoples replies saying don't do them. Such a pathetic response.

The tabard system worked why they changed it god knows... That way people that liked daily's could do them and get more rep quicker but those that didn't like to do them could farm heroics and get the rep by doing something they enjoy rather than being forced to do something they don't like to get mounts and epic gear.

I myself want these mounts, recipes and to spend the Valor Points I have rightfully earned but in order to get these things I HAVE to do daily's and I personally don't enjoy it but I do it because I want new mounts, epic gear and rare recipes.

Yes what they have done with the challenge mode to give people with extreme skill and a lot of time they get a special mount and special transmorg gear and world/realm first achievements. I won't be able to get these but I don't mind because these players deserve it for the dedication but why the hell should I have to dedicate 1-2 hours every day just to get stupid rep to spend valor points I have earned in an alternative way....

My point is people that say don't do them are narrow minded and can't see it from another perspective.

Perhaps the way around this is to bring back the tabards but grant the people that do the daily's more rep for taking the time to do them than that is received from the tabards would that solution work?
    becouse if they did people will whine about not having anything to do and its also a mmo and your not supposed to be able to slide a tabard on faceroll dungeons for 3 days and get alot of epic items and mounts delivered on a silver plate. Geting this stuff is optional and should be a goal to reach sitting here whining about it and then moaning more when we point out the obv is pathetic in my book.

Deleted
    Simple, dungeons are rewarding enough and you don't need to double dip rep in there as well. And it's really not all that silly to say that you don't need to do them, as doing dungeons prepare you well enough for both LFR and normal raiding. Heck, even PvP gear is almost as good as the valor gear and can easily be obtained by running 2v2 arena for 1350 points per week.

The tabard system doesn't give more options since you get, EVERYTHING from dungeons then. Justice points, valor points, 463 gear, reputation, there really is no reason not to run them if rep is there as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    No it didn't. You could have chosen to do cataclysm dailies, although granted they were a scant few. Tabards were optional then.
    Oh yey, time to hit the deck.., mr logic in here also

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Simple, dungeons are rewarding enough and you don't need to double dip rep in there as well. And it's really not all that silly to say that you don't need to do them, as doing dungeons prepare you well enough for both LFR and normal raiding. Heck, even PvP gear is almost as good as the valor gear and can easily be obtained by running 2v2 arena for 1350 points per week.

The tabard system doesn't give more options since you get, EVERYTHING from dungeons then. Justice points, valor points, 463 gear, reputation, there really is no reason not to run them if rep is there as well.
    +1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yskonijn View Post
    People moaning about not want to do dailies, are just lazy. There, i said it. Go play an other game if you don't like it.
    We like WoW, we hate what they are doing.

Will you change wife everytime you don't like what she do? ... Ah ya... I guess yes.

There is NOTHING wrong with hating dailies.
    But, you CAN choose to do them at a leisurely pace, heck just take 2-3 days per week to do em and by now you would've unlocked a fair number of Valor upgrades.
    WORST case, it takes you a LONGER to unlock valor than what you were used to, simply because you don't feel like pushing for doing Dailies everyday. There is NOTHING wrong with this. I'm in a heroic-mode progressing guild and I don't push people in my guild to complete more dailies than they feel like doing, heck as RL even I don't do them more than 2-3 times a day. We still progress fine.

In the end, if you want everything ASAP, you got to put in that extra bit of effort. Otherwise, be patient and things will come to you.

On the other hand, I wouldn't terribly mind if I could alternatively select to do upto 1 dungeon run a day to also garner 'some' rep. This would seem like a fair compromise to break the monotony of Daily questing for those that have had their fill of it.

In the end, people need to learn to pace themselves and be more constructive about the way they play the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post

No they aren't. I was done after two days dude. They are not rewarding in any remote sense. They are not rewarding in any relative sense. Giving them rep keeps them rewarding for a longer amount of time. Giving them rep also doesn't stop you from doing dailies fyi. It's all optional...
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Before wow launched i payed 4 years of lineage 2 .. the only thing i did was grinding and grinding and grinding.

So i love dailys, nothing compared to grinding 1000 items of 1000ths of mobs to get a recipe that has a 60% chance of succes xD

It feels like im doing something for those factions, altough most of them dailys are the same ones > and after a while i get/buy a reward.

It would have been nicer if there was some differentation in those quests.

Quote Originally Posted by morfraen View Post
    Daily's are optional content. People need to stop complaining about being 'required' to do them all every day :P
    This. Stop moaning about it.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    The main problem with the dailies is that there is no choice. If you don't do dailies, you don't get rep. In cata this was handled a lot better. You could do dailies for rep and/or you could wear a tabard. No clue why everyone is so happy with less choice.

No, you don't. Now it is a single method of play (dailies), it used to be more than one (dailies, tabard).

-edit- Subscription numbers aren't a way to count how many people do like dailies. I'm subbed still because I enjoy raiding, not because I enjoy dailies.
    It used to be, equip a tabard and run the dungeons you would have run anyways and get free extra reputation for no effort. I don't see how that is more of a choice, unless by equipping the tabard you automatically pass on all loot that drops hence running it for rep instead of gear.

If they bring back the tabard system, people like you will complain that "there is no content" and that "there is nothing to do", and they will probably unsub to go after the next fad.

By keeping them grinding a la Vanilla and TBC, they keep them occupied and they also keep their mouths shut, b/c there is so much to do, even for the most archetypal no-lifer who lives in his momma's basement.

In view of the above, the system won't change IMO b/c it's working as intended.

EDIT: BTW, this is why SW:TOR failed. There wasn't any grinding in the game.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

No they aren't. I was done after two days dude. They are not rewarding in any remote sense. They are not rewarding in any relative sense. Giving them rep keeps them rewarding for a longer amount of time. Giving them rep also doesn't stop you from doing dailies fyi. It's all optional...
    And this is what I'm trying to say. Give us choice. "Doing dailies is optional" would be true if there was another way to obtain rep, but there isn't. There used to be though..

Deleted
    They are rewarding, they can give you full valor cap and a full set of 463 gear. You don't need anything else to enter raiding. If they weren't rewarding, you would leave the dungeon with exactly the same thing you had when you entered.

Deleted
    I'm for alternative ways to get rep, but please no tabards. Grind rep and reach exalted in one day shouldn't be possible.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    I found a solution for the problem...

Cancelled my sub yesterday. It´s a pitty wow turned into an asia grinder with people crying for more...
    No. No, it's not. People who try and say that this is anywhere similar to a classic Asian grinder mmo should be forced to only play Asian grinders, then come back a couple years later. WoW in its current incarnation isn't even close. WoW was a few steps away from Asian grinder in Vanilla. It's only gotten better since.

You feel it's too grindy? Fine, but don't make asinine comparisons.