Page 45 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
    Reading through a lot of posts about people that hate having to do the daily's everyday and peoples replies saying don't do them. Such a pathetic response.

The tabard system worked why they changed it god knows... That way people that liked daily's could do them and get more rep quicker but those that didn't like to do them could farm heroics and get the rep by doing something they enjoy rather than being forced to do something they don't like to get mounts and epic gear.

I myself want these mounts, recipes and to spend the Valor Points I have rightfully earned but in order to get these things I HAVE to do daily's and I personally don't enjoy it but I do it because I want new mounts, epic gear and rare recipes.

Yes what they have done with the challenge mode to give people with extreme skill and a lot of time they get a special mount and special transmorg gear and world/realm first achievements. I won't be able to get these but I don't mind because these players deserve it for the dedication but why the hell should I have to dedicate 1-2 hours every day just to get stupid rep to spend valor points I have earned in an alternative way....

My point is people that say don't do them are narrow minded and can't see it from another perspective.

Perhaps the way around this is to bring back the tabards but grant the people that do the daily's more rep for taking the time to do them than that is received from the tabards would that solution work?
    No, what's pathetic is people using hyperbole (you) to disregard an answer you don't like. That's pathetic and weak. Nobody has to do dailies.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 12:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    shame u need to be revered for valor gear
    Shame you don't. Shame you only need to be honored brah.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Again even listing only the ones in Cataclysm it was still quite a decent amount. It didn't solve boredom then. I know of almost no one who says hey when I hit exalted I'm going to keep doing these dailies...
    I will. They give me coins for more loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    I will. They give me coins for more loot.
    You should have a massive stockpile of them if you've been doing dailies every day, I've been doing them for a week and I have a month's worth of lesser charms.

Once you're exalted with the factions you can just stick to the easy & fast dailies like the tillers, anglers, and cloud serpent for enough coins each week.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those are only the ones that were current in Cataclysm. If you genuinely loved dailies I could list all the ones going back to tbc. Few if any granted gear and the vanity rewards are just as relevant now as they were then, in fact even more so because mounts and pets are shared across the board. Dailies have never been a solution for boredom except now because the carrot is behind them.

Again even listing only the ones in Cataclysm it was still quite a decent amount. It didn't solve boredom then. I know of almost no one who says hey when I hit exalted I'm going to keep doing these dailies...

Why can you not understand things change?

They are trying something new. If you don't like it unsub and tell them why. You whine worse than my 5 year old nephew.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    That would help how? Dailies are still the fastest source of valor points and all whining about dailies seems to be about how long those take.
    Time spent doing something interesting (group content) is for some more acceptable even if it takes longer than boring ass dailies (solo content).

And I doubt seriously that dailies are that much faster for earning valor than group content. But if you're right then all these people denouncing people who rightly see dailies as the drudgery that they are should be pleased.

There is a group of you people who get more pleasure about things that make other people unhappy than by accepting that a game that pleases more players will have more money and money content overall.

If everyone jumps on the dailies are the best max level content bandwagon, if you actually prefer any sort of group content then you're ultimately just screwing yourself by encouraging Blizzard to slop out the cheapest, easiest, crappiest form of max level content they offer. More quests just like the 400 you did to get to max level.

HOW does that make WoW a better game? It doesn't except for those who hate the idea of anyone actually being able to have fun in a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yskonijn View Post
    People moaning about not want to do dailies, are just lazy. There, i said it. Go play an other game if you don't like it.
    People who talk like you are just losers in real life. They have nothing to strive for or achieve in real life and hence think they are doing something great by repeating something a million times over in a game. Some people however are worse and feel they need to act tough and feel important from their mom's basement so they call everyone who does not want to be 'sheep' as lazy. There I said it. Go get a real job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Why can you not understand things change?

They are trying something new. If you don't like it unsub and tell them why. You whine worse than my 5 year old nephew.
    I'm all for changes. I've been for changes in wow over the years and I've enjoyed most (not all) but most of them. Generally when a change is progressive I'm in favor of it. These changes are regressive, in some cases indirectly but in other cases directly. The 7 day a week bonus reward was a great change in cata and didn't need to be reverted.

I unsubbed I told them why I didn't like their "optional" content. If I whine like a 5 year old and you CHOOSE to answer it what does that make you? Answering my posts is truly optional unfortunately.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 02:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    Go get a real job.
    I can't help buy wonder how many of them have actually ever held a menial dull low wage low thought job. If they ever had I'm not sure why they'd wish their source of relaxation and entertainment to ever share anything with that.

Quote Originally Posted by tawoko View Post
    No, you do need that gear to be a competent raider. I'm just saying they didn't need to eliminate our ability to farm heroics for rep. If you guys want your dailies, have them. I don't want them, but I need the gear unlocked if I'm to be the best tank I can be for my guild. blizzard removing choice is FTL.
    You also need Elder Charms to be a competent raider. So I guess next thing on the list is to get them through dungeons also. Then we go back to how it was before where doing heroics is far, far more efficient and I get to do them 50 times each.

There is probably a good solution for all of us but I like it better how it is now. Especially since we are doing normal level 90 dungeons at the moment which are even more faceroll than ever before. When I am doing them for the second time, especially when I don't need any gear from them, they are already boring. You should have seen my WotLK dungeon statistics "You have cleared heroic Utgarde Pinnacle 53 times" (and that's heroic only). I hope they make them obsolete next tier and not that I have to back to shitty dungeons again because the rewards are just too good to pass on.

Anyway, a competent raider wouldn't be complaining about having to do an hour of dailies a couple of times a week. I would also rather skip 'heroics' and dailies but it's simply not happening.
    I am already revered with all the factions that reward valor gear (started at least a week after release with leveling from 80 to 90) except one. I have to wait a month or two before I even get the valor for that gear. It's really not as bad as people make it out to be. I could have been doing like half the dailies (Even less if I didn't do Tillers etc.) the last few weeks and still be able to get gear with valor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Anyway, a competent raider wouldn't be complaining about having to do an hour of dailies a couple of times a week.
    "Competent" WoW raiders don't grind. They race (sometimes even bypassing the heroic dungeons altogether...remember Cata?) and go directly into the raids in search of server firsts. They raid from 2 to 3hrs and around 3x a week for the new hardcore bunch. Casual raiders raid 2x for 2hrs a night.

The last of the grinders are questers who still believe MMOs have to have a grind to be a MMO.

Now waiting for Blizzard to offer Heritage and/or Signature style quests, which would be more suitable to those who need something to do for the long haul, with equal or better rewards for pacing themselves (need to reward the players not eating through all the content, afterall).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Time spent doing something interesting (group content) is for some more acceptable even if it takes longer than boring ass dailies (solo content).

And I doubt seriously that dailies are that much faster for earning valor than group content. But if you're right then all these people denouncing people who rightly see dailies as the drudgery that they are should be pleased.

There is a group of you people who get more pleasure about things that make other people unhappy than by accepting that a game that pleases more players will have more money and money content overall.

If everyone jumps on the dailies are the best max level content bandwagon, if you actually prefer any sort of group content then you're ultimately just screwing yourself by encouraging Blizzard to slop out the cheapest, easiest, crappiest form of max level content they offer. More quests just like the 400 you did to get to max level.

HOW does that make WoW a better game? It doesn't except for those who hate the idea of anyone actually being able to have fun in a video game.
    You think 'heroics' in this state is group content? Doesn't feel like it to me. The heroics we have now are just as much of a mindless grind as dailies are except you have to deal with assholes sometimes.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 10:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    "Competent" WoW raiders don't grind. They race (sometimes even bypassing the heroic dungeons altogether...remember Cata?) and go directly into the raids in search of server firsts. They raid from 2 to 3hrs and around 3x a week for the new hardcore bunch. Casual raiders raid 2x for 2hrs a night.

The last of the grinders are questers who still believe MMOs have to have a grind to be a MMO.

Now waiting for Blizzard to offer Heritage and/or Signature style quests, which would be more suitable to those who need something to do for the long haul, with equal or better rewards for pacing themselves (need to reward the players not eating through all the content, afterall).
    Did you really just say that competent wow raiders don't grind? Yep, and my mother is still a virgin.

I decided not to take part in the dailies since they suck just sooo bad!

and as a result i am no longer a raider in my guild.

dailies are not optional for raiders.

But im ok with that, its time to move to other things anyway

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    The main reason you "can't" spend Valor Points is because the Valor Point Item Upgrade system was not implemented at launch. They designed it so people who did dungeons could spend their VP to upgrade stats on the gear they got. This was also the purpose of Raids still dropping VP, to upgrade stats on gear they could not find ilvl upgrades for. People who did dailies could get PvE upgrades without even stepping into a dungeon, and perhaps raid. So while dungeon grinders spend their VP on upgrading their stats, Daily grinders spend their VP on upgrading their gear.

Until they implement this system, which was suppose to be available at launch, everyone's complaints about dailies and VP are valid.

However, the fact that enchants and such items are also gated, is another valid complaint against dailies. You cannot obtain these upgrades by any other means except rep grinding dailies. Granted these enchants aren't mandatory, but they are upgrades (not sidegrades).

I hate people who hate making content easier to experience because they hypocritically don't believe difficulty is content. I should hate myself, but I'd rather hate you.
    When is this meant to be implemented and my post was not about future its about how it stands now...

I can't help buy wonder how many of them have actually ever held a menial dull low wage low thought job. If they ever had I'm not sure why they'd wish their source of relaxation and entertainment to ever share anything with that.
    I wonder how heroics are any different. If that is not dull for you you probably have a low wage low thought job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post

Amazingly for everyone who defended hard dungeons, "you don't have to do them" wasn't a defense. Guess what you didn't! I got into the raids with quest blues and normal raid blues.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 09:20 AM ----------

I wonder how heroics are any different. If that is not dull for you you probably have a low wage low thought job.
    Oh I agree heroics in this expansion are dull as crap. Having said that I still prefer them to dailies. Marginally so mind you but it is what I prefer in terms of content consumption. Ideally I'd love to see challenge modes award gear but that's not gonna happen.

Deleted
    a competent raider wouldn't be complaining about having to do an hour of dailies a couple of times a week.
    I guess the guys from Method aren't competent raiders: http://manaflask.com/en/article/2038...gm-and-members

Hentrenson: The way the valor point vendors work is a bit retarded. You have to do a million dailies at the same time as a million other people so you can get your valor points AND get acces to 1 valor point vendor, and then you have to do another 5 million dailies in order to get access to the next valor vendor. They could at least have given access to rep grind through killing mobs to make it faster or something.

Your general opinion of MoP so far? Best/worst parts of it?
    Hentrenson: Worst: Dailies and farmville + the way cooking and food buffs work, you can't even farm the mats like normally.
    Leeds: The worst part is doing dailies all day every day and trying to get food.
    Treckie: The worst part would prolly be the requirement for doing dailys, and the leveling.

It's not like dailies haven't existed in the game before. Even in cataclysm you had the following dailies

Molten Front
    Dragonmaw/Wildhammer
    Therazane
    Tol Barad
    Profession dailies

and that' just off the top of my head. So what happened? Dailies happened in cata and people were still bored? Why should that lead me to believe dailies are the answer for anyone bored EXCEPT for the reason that they now have a massive carrot behind them...
    Because we also have scenarios and petbattles. Because now not everyone is forced to be spamming mindless heroics with random people.

I am not saying it could be better than how it is now but a lot of people are really exxagerating.

Quote Originally Posted by hunteromg View Post
    this is not true. firelands dailes were optional content. mop dailes are not. or maybe you think of everything as optional content. bgs are then optional as well as raids.
    Um, they are optional...no one is forcing you to do any of those things?

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Aleros View Post
    There was pretty much nothing to do in Cata for most of the expansion. After people ran 20 dungeons a day to get exalted with all the faction, play time significantly dropped off until subsequent patches came out, and those didn't last very long. It wasn't so much a matter of... people weren't asking for more dailies, they were just needing more incentive to keep playing because there was none. Anything gated will keep people who wouldn't otherwise be playing... playing.

Don't take the above to mean that people don't enjoy dailies either. Just because the dissenting minority is complaining loudly on the forums doesn't mean that it's the overall consensus.
    I agree on the fact that there was nothing to do after we ran dungeons and got all factions exalted. It is okay that that is slowed down, so you work longer for exalted. It should mean something.

But there the issue is lack of content and reaching a goal far too fast.
    Blizzard countered the lack of content with some good stuff, there are scenario's, challenge mode, pet battles and still some things on the way like Brawler's guild, proving grounds.
    This is the way to counter lack of content.

For reaching goals too fast, gating is a way, especially capping stuff.
    VP is capped for the week and also for the grand total.

And on top of this, it is also locked behind dailies. And then there are other dailies locked behind dailies. And no alternative for these dailies.

The issue here is that dailies are the frontdoor to a lot of things which players want. It feels too much. People are doing them not the sake of the dailies or the story of the fun they give players, players are them for what is locked behind them. With the focus on that goal and then seeing how slow it is, at the same time no other way to do it, it gets to people.
    If there where alternatives then the focus wouldn't be that much on the dailies.

Dailies are there once a day. We can't do them for the week. So if a players doesn't have time to log on everyday, he/she looses the rep-points for that day. There is no way to gain those points on a day on which he/she has the time.

dailies themselves aren't the issue, the issue is that there are so many things locked behind them that they feel mandatory instead of an option. That feeling is a personal thing, so arguments saying that they are not mandatory won't help a bit. Players feel what they feel and will react on what they feel.
    If players wants the pretty cool mounts, they have to dailies.
    If players want the better recipes for the profs they leveled and want to use, they have to do dailies.
    If players want to get some vp gear, because rng is not in thier favor they have to do dailies.
    If players need stuff from AC and/or SP they need to do dailies to earn the right to do the dailies for these 2.
    If players want the achievement for Pandaria ambassador, they have to do dailies.
    If people want to enjoy farming, the new feature in wow, they have to do dailies.

well it is a lot. In this way players feel that dailies are a too big of a part of MoP and they are forced to do them.
    That feeling is the main-problem. I think a game should bring a feeling of enjoyment. If a game fails to deliver that, then the game failed for that one person.
    Mind, for that 1 person... as enjoyment is a personal thing.

I don't mind them at all (especially now that I've gotten a few exalted reps so the daily quest amount diminishes dramatically)

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post
    I guess the guys from Method aren't competent raiders: http://manaflask.com/en/article/2038...gm-and-members

Hentrenson: The way the valor point vendors work is a bit retarded. You have to do a million dailies at the same time as a million other people so you can get your valor points AND get acces to 1 valor point vendor, and then you have to do another 5 million dailies in order to get access to the next valor vendor. They could at least have given access to rep grind through killing mobs to make it faster or something.

Your general opinion of MoP so far? Best/worst parts of it?
    Hentrenson: Worst: Dailies and farmville + the way cooking and food buffs work, you can't even farm the mats like normally.
    Leeds: The worst part is doing dailies all day every day and trying to get food.
    Treckie: The worst part would prolly be the requirement for doing dailys, and the leveling.
    They don't mind grinding for mats/food/etc. They just don't like the dailies. They rather just grind mobs for 10 hours straight and be done with it and so would I. Valor cap is just as retarted.

Let's say you can farm reputation by doing heroics but there is a cap. How is that any better? Do you seriously think they like doing level 90 heroics?