Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linoleum View Post
    There are advertisements on youtube?
    My thoughts exactly.
    I also hate those ads with sound in 'em. From what I remember from them, they're awful >.<

You do realize that the adverts directly support the content producer? Although extremely annoying, it does support the producers !
    Shuttle of Illidan

As someone that makes money off of the adds...Please don't get Ad-Block. Please?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    As someone that makes money off of the adds...Please don't get Ad-Block. Please?
    If I could somehow cost Youtube partners money by ad-blocking even more, I would. Ignoring the fact that I am slightly jealous that website owners, Youtube sponsors, etc all make money by doing practicly nothing, they make waaaay too much. Everyone should be paid for their work, even if it's just in the entertainment field, but not nearly as much as they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceda View Post
    If I could somehow cost Youtube partners money by ad-blocking even more, I would. Ignoring the fact that I am slightly jealous that website owners, Youtube sponsors, etc all make money by doing practicly nothing, they make waaaay too much. Everyone should be paid for their work, even if it's just in the entertainment field, but not nearly as much as they do.
    How much do they get paid? And to do practically nothing? Justify that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    How much do they get paid? And to do practically nothing? Justify that.
    I actually have all those numbers of the top Youtube subscribers on my home desktop but I'm at work so I'll you a gross generlization.

My favorite example is to use the channel Game Grumps because I like one of their members for his few game sum ups. They put out 10 minute videos a couple times a week that pull in about an average of 400,000 views until it starts to level out. At the rate the videos pull in views, and not taking into effect of ad-block and other smaller factors, the ads pull in about 800k dollars a year. With the small amount of video editing they do, I imagine they spend 5 hours a week filming and editing.

If the amount of money isn't daunting enough, the amount of work put in for it is. I think it's disgusting to make so much with very little input. And I'll admit to being jealous about it, but I don't think the system should work like that.

i got adblocker after reading this little thread, but i think it works Too well... now when i go to youtube all i see are black screens and no videos play >.<

i want the videos to play, but not the ads >.<

Now I start getting those ads on my Iphone youtube app

Its fine if there is an add every 10 vids or so. But i get the add every video 4/5 times i cant skip it either. I dont want to see Giuness advert anymore Q.Q

There was a reason it was called "YouTube".

Back in the day, it used to be just a giant collection of people's random videos they created and uploaded to the internets. Then slowly, but surely, after seeing the traffic the site was getting, companies and corporations started to add their shit on there and thus commercials were born from it.

Without Adblock, it is almost impossible to view anything on YouTube and not see a commercial played beforehand. It is almost equally impossible to see a commercial for a product on TV and not see a link to their YouTube channel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even knew that youtube has ads.
    AdBlock and Chrome/Waterfox.

Aoek1 what browser are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    You do realize that the adverts directly support the content producer? Although extremely annoying, it does support the producers !
    There are thousand of ways to advertise in a non-intrusive, less-annoying way, when you choose to advertise your work/product with a flashy,huge,blinky,annoying ad then you deserve to be blocked.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2012-11-13 at 07:46 AM.

Deleted
    Keep in mind that youtubers get alot of their income from adds, if you install an add block they wont get any cash from adds and eventually they wont be able to earn enough money from youtube to make a living.

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    Keep in mind that youtubers get alot of their income from adds, if you install an add block they wont get any cash from adds and eventually they wont be able to earn enough money from youtube to make a living.
    All the more reason to use adblock. I think they can work too. Why in the world would I put up with annoying ads so some guy who plays video games like me can avoid having to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    I don't even knew that youtube has ads.
    AdBlock and Chrome/Waterfox.

Aoek1 what browser are you using?
    I use Firefox

I actually have all those numbers of the top Youtube subscribers on my home desktop but I'm at work so I'll you a gross generlization.

My favorite example is to use the channel Game Grumps because I like one of their members for his few game sum ups. They put out 10 minute videos a couple times a week that pull in about an average of 400,000 views until it starts to level out. At the rate the videos pull in views, and not taking into effect of ad-block and other smaller factors, the ads pull in about 800k dollars a year. With the small amount of video editing they do, I imagine they spend 5 hours a week filming and editing.

If the amount of money isn't daunting enough, the amount of work put in for it is. I think it's disgusting to make so much with very little input. And I'll admit to being jealous about it, but I don't think the system should work like that.
    LOL.

Please tell me where these magical income amounts are coming from.

I know people that have largely successful channels with regular updates and aren't making ANYWHERE near the number you quoted.

I used to run a gaming site that received hundreds of thousands of visitors and I always loved people claiming to know how many tens of thousands of dollars I made from ads. In reality, I struggled to cover server costs some months.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't know, I haven't seen an ad on YouTube for several years.

YouTube has ads? :-O

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    All the more reason to use adblock. I think they can work too. Why in the world would I put up with annoying ads so some guy who plays video games like me can avoid having to work?
    Lol, that's a really blunt way of putting it, but I would agree, although in a different way.

I used to not mind the advertisements. They only ever played when you were watching a movie trailer or some review by a professional company. But now, they play on just about everything.

It's gotten to the point now where my pleasure from experiencing an ad-free YouTube outweighs my conscience towards other people's personal income. They'll live.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree 100% with you OP, I'm someone who really doesn't mind ads most of the time. I prefer not using something like ad block so I can still support things like youtube.

Unfortunately, for the very ad you described in the OP, youtube forced me to use ad block on them. I don't mind 30s pre-play ads or even flashing picture ads to the side, but when I'm wearing my headphones and and ad near the bottom of my screen starts suddenly playing obnoxious music at 200% the volume of the video I was watching, which makes my ears hurt like hell! Then the ads have gone to far.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    ^^THIS.

Honestly I got my full time Job to pay the bills. There was a time before youtube where people had to go to work physically. Like when I see some YouTubers, just 18 yrs old. Living of youtube while playing games. What in the world will they do once the whole youtube hype is gone?

*You want Fries with that?*.... (Just sayin)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    i wonder if the amount of ridiculous ads on youtube have anything to do with the amount of people using ad blockers. either way i don't care since i'm one of those people.
    No the people using Ad blockers are the minority. If everyone was blocking them companies wouldn't be paying more to have longer commercials.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 07:57 AM ----------

Yeah but how much do John and Ego get and how much does Google get?