Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Oh I want to spend valor on gear. Actual GEAR. But not if dailies are in the way. Or better yet. Not if I have to farm revered or honored to do it. Especially if that is tied behind dailies. I mean the valor cap is already so fucking minuscule anyway and the point gain is so fucking tiny. You could remove the rep requirement from the gear and it wouldn't make a difference. Or at least not that much of one. Basically I want what i've had since at least IOQD. A valor gear vendor that wasn't tied behind rep or behind daily quests.

So you want Cata back. Run your 7 dungeons, spend your points and log off. Sorry you don't like options, but I would guess the majority of players like having options.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Based on the various comments he made, he wants the Cata system back. Where the boss drops only really mattered if you were after BiS gear, because you could be in equivalent gear just from the valor vendor. The one where you could be fully raid geared within hours of hitting cap and in BiS gear within a couple weeks. Then you un-sub and wait for the next content patch, or sit in SW/Org and bitch that there is nothing to do.
    No not really. That's not how the cata system worked even during DS. I never had 403 gear or BiS gear which isn't the same thing. I was also never fully raid geared within hours of hitting cap. The people who unsubbed and bitched about nothing to do were bitching by and large that it took them 9 months to release a new content patch at the end of the game.

Deleted
    And i thought a pc or tv game was something we were doing for fun ^^ and for to have fun with other players all around the world. On a TV and PC you have a button, did you know you could turn off with that ^^

I agree with Bayhas, the vanilla time, when you saw one person with a tabbard, you knowed that guy was exalted with an faction, it was huge on that time, a really hardworking guy =) tabbards today has almost the same value today, not rep tabbards anymore

That's the point. That's why the valor system upgrade system cannot be as good or as rewarding as any valor system they could implement because they've accepted this nonsense notion that boss drops just have to be more epic when in reality all it is is just more frustration.
    /facedesk
    /facedesk
    /facedesk

Did I say I refused to do content? I did lfr and dungeons and was happy doing them at the end of cata. I do not think I should have to do dailies to do them or have rep status with a faction to do them. As has never been in the game.
    news flash you dont. heroic dungeon gear is good enough to get into lfr. if you dont want to do normals but still get more gear then you need to do dailies thats your own fault not blizzards
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    So you want Cata back. Run your 7 dungeons, spend your points and log off. Sorry you don't like options, but I would guess the majority of players like having options.
    I like options. I'm not advocating for the removal of dailies. By all means keep them in. It's so funny you've turned this around when I'm the one calling for more options than simply run dailies. How would any of what I asked for remove options in the game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    because "hardcores" dont want to raid with the crappy heroic dungeon gear they want to grind out casual gear to do their raids in so that when they replace them with raid gear they can sell them to a vendor and say "muahahahaha no gear for the casual @_@"
    That's just posers

REAL hardcores take the crappy dungeon blues and, because they don't want to wait, go raiding. Plus, they outperferm the posers in their shiny welfare epics in every way possible. And THEN they don't even brag about it. Instead, they MAY give you a look that just says "Questions?".

news flash you dont. heroic dungeon gear is good enough to get into lfr. if you dont want to do normals but still get more gear then you need to do dailies thats your own fault not blizzards
    Why would I get into normals? So I can be subject to more rng? Simple the game is less rewarding all around and I don't see why I should continue to play under that paradigm.

Having my 3rd 90, and switching mains, I can say with confidence that the -only- thing tempting me to go back to dailies before the rep booster are the coins.

And, to be even more frank, I've only gotten loot from coins on said main once out of about 10 coins spent. If I spent ~8 hours of dailies/week stockpiling those coins, that's a pretty low daily/bonus loot ratio.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did I say I refused to do content? I did lfr and dungeons and was happy doing them at the end of cata. I do not think I should have to do dailies to do them or have rep status with a faction to do them. As has never been in the game.
    You do not need to do dailies for LFR and dungeons. But I think you're just trolling at this point as you seem to have no actual point. You dont like dungeons because they dont offer enough rewards, you dont want to upgrade gear because it wont be as good as the best gear in the game and you dont want to raid because its subject to RNG. None of that has changed really from previous expansions, the only difference I can see is the color of the gear you can get with non-reputation points. That sounds to me like you dont want to play, so go outside and take a walk, its a nice day someplace I'm sure.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

okay im going to describe this as easily as i can since it seems you have no idea how this works.

you get a piece of raiding gear you then take that piece of gear and lets assume here for a second that this piece of gear is a gear called heroic raid gear you then take this gear and for 750 valor and with no reputation requirements upgrade that piece by 4 item levels you can then do this once more when you have more valor.

now when a heroic piece of raiding gear is fully upgraded its near equivalent to normal gear from the next tier however that gear will still be bettewr then the heroic gear from last tier because that gear can then be upgraded by 8 item levels just like that one thus making it better.
    Now go back and read the developers post on valor gear. Under their own design VALOR WILL NOT BE AS REWARDING because they consider that it was to rewarding in the past. It's not me you're arguing with. I know how the system works. Your arguing with the Blizzard developers.

I like options. I'm not advocating for the removal of dailies. By all means keep them in. It's so funny you've turned this around when I'm the one calling for more options than simply run dailies. How would any of what I asked for remove options in the game?
    So what are your suggestions for other options keeping in mind that Dungeons are rewarding enough as is and Valor Gear needs some sort of gate above and beyond valor caps and walking up to a vendor.

Why would I get into normals? So I can be subject to more rng? Simple the game is less rewarding all around and I don't see why I should continue to play under that paradigm.
    i will repeat what i have said before.

BLIZZARD I HAVE COMPLETED ALL THE RAIDS AND THUS HAVE GOTTEN ALL THE GEAR AVAILABLE TO ME WITHIN THIS PATCH IT IS FAIL THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE MORE RAIDS FOR ME TO RAID ALREADY IN PLACE I SHOULD HAVE GEAR 24/7 FAIL BLIZZARD FAIL - said no raider ever
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Now go back and read the developers post on valor gear. Under their own design VALOR WILL NOT BE AS REWARDING because they consider that it was to rewarding in the past. It's not me you're arguing with. I know how the system works. Your arguing with the Blizzard developers.
    What are you talking about? It's not valor gear, it's raid gear that's being upgraded. Valor gear is what you buy from the Reps. What you got from the Valor quartermasters in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    You do not need to do dailies for LFR and dungeons. But I think you're just trolling at this point as you seem to have no actual point. You dont like dungeons because they dont offer enough rewards, you dont want to upgrade gear because it wont be as good as the best gear in the game and you dont want to raid because its subject to RNG. None of that has changed really from previous expansions, the only difference I can see is the color of the gear you can get with non-reputation points. That sounds to me like you dont want to play, so go outside and take a walk, its a nice day someplace I'm sure.
    See I know I have a pretty good argument when people are forced to reduce me to trolling. I don't need dailies for dungeons and lfr but so what? I'm done with dungeons and the gear they provide like a month or so ago. I do lfr and sha weekly and get nothing out of them and I see the path available to me is.. dailies. The game simple isn't as rewarding and it's by design not to be because if it was then they couldn't keep up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not as rewarding as raid gear, which it almost never was. So what? Its still a gear upgrade. Why do you care if someone else has better gear?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Blizzard wants valor to take a back seat this expansion so that boss loot is more rewarding.
    Oh yeah, this their new "intention" feels so rewarding. Kill boss, DE/offpsec loot, sometimes there are MS drops for people, sometimes in blue moon there are 6 rolls for that 0.00000000000001% chance to drop trinket or weapon, which finally managed to drop. System which was criticized in vanilla, was slightly improved in TBC and WotLK, now is back to it's pure lottery form.

But Tony, there is no sense to try and help situation. It looks like also we have a lot of Blizzard promo agents on this forum who try to defend such awkward design decisions. Let those peacemakers do their job and let Blizzard suffer all the consequences for trying to make game more "rewarding" aka introducing pure f2p-quality grind but without option to donate to avoid it, and that's on top of p2p model. You want game to be better, I want it too, but 5.1 shows no improvements, so it's better stop rewarding bad design decisions (and feeding GC with his team) from our wallets.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-11-16 at 06:03 PM.

valor GEAR valor GEAR please repeat after me VALOR GEAR now repeat this valor gear is not the same as upgrading gear with valor. again VALOR GEAR IS NOT THE SAME AS UPGRADING RAIDING GEAR WITH VALOR

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    So what are your suggestions for other options keeping in mind that Dungeons are rewarding enough as is and Valor Gear needs some sort of gate above and beyond valor caps and walking up to a vendor.
    The valor point cap presents more of a gate than the reputation really. The reputation is just an annoyance but if you never touch dailies and don't like dailies then it's becomes an iron gate. Dungeons are not rewarding enough as is. I was finished with them after the first week. I don't see why you think valor needs more of a gate then daily quests, in fact most of your assertions aren't really founded in anything. Why does it need another gate? Why can't dungeons be more rewarding? why do daily quest have to quadruple dip?

Illlll just stick to my own solution... Do 1 repu at a time. I dont even get enough VP per week to buy all the stuff avaible thro the factions I have already. (Klaxxi/GL revered, Shado-Pan honored)
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab