Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I would change or rather give the player base more options as to how they gain rep with factions, either by bringing the tabbard system for running instances or by making certain instances give a certain factions rep. Tho i do like the current idea of the "Tomes" that are BoA for rep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Add player collision, crosshair aiming + friendly fire, cut the levels to about 20, cut the amount of gear needed by 2/3, get rid of stupid gear treadmill, cut half the races, separate NE and Forsaken into their own factions, erase PvP-related stats, buff mobs to the level of player power in terms of abilities and AI, cut all the 1284353472 recolored mounts and simply make one customizeable mount per faction, cut flying mounts, make BGs use random open world areas (balancing the amount of participants via CRZ), make nearly factions mutually exclusive but really deep and lasting for the entire game rather than 1 raid. And I've only started.
    Have you ever heard of a game called Guild Wars?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Have you ever heard of a game called Guild Wars?
    Considering. But I'm so damn deep in WoW, I think it's gonna be nearly impossible to dedicate myself to another MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Considering. But I'm so damn deep in WoW, I think it's gonna be nearly impossible to dedicate myself to another MMO.
    Guild wars 1 is ALOT like what you deacribe so i'd recommend it for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. BoA Healadin plate.
    2. Bring back specific roles for classes. This generic player stuff is just like faceless pointmen in FPS games.
    3. Have a punish mode in PvP for those idiots that fight in the crossroads or hide soaking free honor or AFKing off map (like in the Battlefield series if out of area - 10 seconds move or just die).
    4. Kill guards and be flagged (watched a group of Horde kill Alliance guards -- 5 -- of them unflagged) and face the consequences of 20mil HP guards one shotting the idiots. Want to be a big boy play by big boy rules. /popcorn
    5. AA system for extra talent points.
    6. !! SHINIES !!
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Make a proper game and stop everyone from having to do dailies, unlike Blizz who have no idea what to do and just made everyone do dailies as they can't be creative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fix Affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    That, and most likely remove DK's from the game.
    I totally agree with that. And also bring the quests for abilities, EG Having to travel around to get different druid forms, or the rogue one where you go to Ravenholdt.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    AV, I would bring the old AV back. If you want a quick pvp experience, que for a 10-15 man bg.

I'd remove the factions (as a game mechanic). That way, everyone can play together, and things could actually happen in the story (like blood elves switching to the Alliance) without having to worry about upsetting the established players.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Balance Elemental and Enhancement to make them fun and competitive again.

Make it more dark and gory maby with some decapitations and finishing moves. Feels like disney holds the licence now, hehe well maby not disney but i would like it darker.

Also fix the pvp, it's in a very bad state now.

bring bc bk awww yea U ARE NOT PREPARED!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Fix Affliction.
    I'm going to second this. If anything, reduce the burst on both damage and healing, it's getting out of control.

I'd change the item level system so u don't need IL 470 to get into the last few raids. I'd make AV a bit more balanced for Horde. I"d make several daily quests that involved you exploring all over azeroth, mostly places you don't ever need to go to. I'd make it so you can only kill the same person twice every 1 hour unless they attack you first to prevent corpse camping. I'd completely get rid of the item upgrade system or make it a LOT easier to use. I'd make all reputation gains share on an account. I'd bring back the 7 heroics in a week instead of daily gains. I'd make Arcane a practical spec again. I know it theoretically does good damage but there's too much movement in the new raids. I'd try to bring back world pvp in a fun way. I'd try to begin more sentences with "I'd".

Separate PVP and PVE. Entirely. Abilities, gear, everything.

I'd personally copy WvWvW from GW2, just make it horde vs Alliance - across multiple servers. This is where PVP gear achieved from honor/conquest would be used. Greater honor gains than BGs.

BGs now give Conquest points, on top of honor. Not the silly little 50, but 200 per win. Random stays the way it is currently, but specifical queues are all ranked, now. Bgs set up for 5v5, 10v10, and 25v25. For the 5v5, When you queue - you can queue for a specific party (healer, 3 dps, 1 tank...4 healer 1 tank, 5 healers, 2 healers 1 dps 2 tanks..whatever you want - you set what you want to queue for). When 4 other people who wanted the same group as you join up - you enter in. No preference is also an option. Allows people to get the groups they want, while also having the option to ignore it entirely.

PVP balance..just all of it. CCs are split into only 3 categories : Stuns(CCs you can damage during - Short duration, Long CDs, expensive to cast), Disorients(CCs you can't dps during Including: Hex, Fear, Blind, Gouge, etc - Long duration(8-10 seconds), short CD(45 seconds), Cheap to cast), and Roots/Silences/Disarms. DRs increased to 60%, from 50% (8 second DRs into 3.2 seconds). PVP Power Removed.

In the long run make abilities that counter other abilities, more directly. Caster's 'separation' abilities' relationship with Charge is a good example. Bring back magic specific wards, with long shared CDs. This would take a lot of thought, but it would make PVP a little more skillful than it is now.

Justice and Honor can be moved freely from character to character. Valor and Conquest can be moved from character to character while remaining within the cap. If you have 2 characters at level cap, and one has 1650 Valor - s/he can move 1,000 Valor over from one character to another, but their valor earned that week is not lowered. Intended for gearing up alts.

Conquest is now for Aesthetic bonuses. Honor is the only way to buy improved PVP gear. When starting pvp, you are handed a full set of (current) honor gear, from a basic quest line involving doing certain things in NPC only battleground, to teach newer players how to do this while giving a gating quest. Good players will clear this within half an hour, newer players will be able to learn all of the mechanics, and common strategies. Keep the honor increasing gears Item level. When upgraded the second time, the pieces become Epic level.

Deleted
    Raids setup like the BC model (2 to 3 10m raids, otherwise 25m) to force guilds to get their shit together or gtf out.
    And I'de remove LFR, I dispise the concept behind it.
    Heroics that require thought (Arcatraz/Shadow Labs/Shattered Halls type of diffuculty).
    Last edited by mmoca8f9d7f200; 2012-11-30 at 08:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko
    Separate PVP and PVE. Entirely. Abilities, gear, everything.
    I agree. Completely separate PvP from PvE spec wise by taking all iterations of all specs, splitting them in two, and tuning the abilities to effect their respective "player versus X" differently. It would make both exceptionally more easy to balance in the long run, as you don't have to worry about gutting DPS specs with an ability damage nerf, or overpowering healers with healing CDs, or anything like that.

And on the subject of PvP, it'd be interesting if Blizzard could create a separate "PvP" aspect entirely (in addition to "normal" PvP,) as a separate downloadable, non-monthly fee driven entity (Like LoL is.) You would progress a character gear-wise and level-wise strictly through the honor gained from battlegrounds and arenas. I think one of the most hindering things to WoW becoming an "E-sport" is the sheer entry barrier, whether it be in the monthly fee, expansion costs (sales don't last forever,) or huge time investment to even get to where you could think about playing decent PvP matches. This... "side-game," if you will, remedies those, AND gives players incentive to buy the actual World of Warcraft to see the whole thing.

...Oh, and bring back hard heroic dungeons. If you don't want to do hard heroic dungeons, you can do normal dungeons.

I suppose that's more than just "something"
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-11-30 at 08:17 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radoria View Post
    I'd make AV a bit more balanced for Horde.
    Not trying to shoot you down or anything but, do you remember in Vanilla and most of Burning Crusade when the Horde starting tunnel was further north thus giving them tremendous terrain advantage? I sure do. So glad that I played Horde back then and won 99% of games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I think one of the most hindering things to WoW becoming an "E-sport" is the sheer entry barrier, whether it be in the monthly fee, expansion costs (sales don't last forever,) or huge time investment to even get to where you could think about playing decent PvP matches. This... "side-game," if you will, remedies those, AND gives players incentive to buy the actual World of Warcraft to see the whole thing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or8q02BQFLY

Couldn't make WoW PvP an eSport because even MLG doesn't include WoW. Reason? PvP is w-a-y unbalanced.

Secondly, arena strats and even abilities don't match well in R/BGs which operate more like raids. Would have to split even arena and R/BGs down the line, too.

Way too much work for so little to gain.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."