Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Legendary items a possibility for transmog in the future,

I love this news.

And let me be upfront, I think only the quest Legendaries should be moggable.

Not the ones that drop from bosses such as Glaives and Thoridal, (even though I have the glaives myself)

It's a nice reward for some of us who put months into crafting a single weapon, while being aided and supported by their guild.

Right now it's just a relic of the past.

An item with a fancy color sitting in your bags and collecting dust.

What do you guys think, is this good news and do you agree about the difference on which ones should and should not be moggable?

I think they should all be moggable, what makes the quest ones more special? Some guild raided every single week all expansion and never saw either glaive drop nor the bow. As you said there only a fancy colour sitting collecting dust :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    I think they should all be moggable, what makes the quest ones more special? Some guild raided every single week all expansion and never saw either glaive drop nor the bow. As you said there only a fancy colour sitting collecting dust :P
    Because one is based purely on RNG and the other one is a large amount of time investment, a gold sink, coupled with RNG and not made simple by maxed out characters in the next expansion.

Right now it still takes people roughly 8 weeks to get Shadowmourne, if they manage to pug a group or go with their guild.

BT can be done solo.

It's a nice reward for some of us who put months into crafting a single weapon, while being aided and supported by their guild.
    ...and I spent months waiting to see my MH glaive drop pre Illidan nerf, so the only response I have to your attitude issss

..|..

Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung View Post
    Because one is based purely on RNG and the other one is a large amount of time investment, a gold sink, coupled with RNG and not made simple by maxed out characters in the next expansion.

Right now it still takes people roughly 8 weeks to get Shadowmourne, if they manage to pug a group or go with their guild.

BT can be done solo.
    And you could run BT solo for years and never see a legendary drop .. so large time investment and RNG
    And you give it another expansion or 2 and shadowmourne will be the same.. only difference is the gold aprt which lets face it isnt that much gold these days. And your guranteed your legendary in X amounts of weeks, where as the drop ones your not guaranteed ever..

I still don't see why one should be moggable over the other:P
    Let them all be moggable.

i'd like to see it, especially since they have some of the best weapon models. considering people can farm old tier sets, if you really want a legendary bad enough you can farm that too. so i dont see why they should be "hands off".

besides, this expansion EVERY class will be able to get a legendary, no more special snowflake arguments

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    ...and I spent months waiting to see my MH glaive drop pre Illidan nerf, so the only response I have to your attitude issss

..|..
    I get that and not to pour some more salt on your wounds, but I did 16 runs total for both my glaives. 14 pre-nerf and 2 after. I was lucky and I feel blessed.

But I just think it's cheap for me to be able to mog those 'swords' even though I didn't put in half the effort I did for my SM.

RNG is RNG, I know.

I get that and not to pour some more salt on your wounds, but I did 16 runs total for both my glaives. 14 pre-nerf and 2 after. I was lucky and I feel blessed.

But I just think it's cheap for me to be able to mog those 'swords' even though I didn't put in half the effort I did for my SM.

RNG is RNG, I know.
    Ahahahahahahahaha.

"I got lucky on the drops so everyone else who had a more realistic -especially since most of them were trying when it was current content and only a small percentage try now that they're useless - drop rate shouldn't be allowed to transmog them."

It took me three months to get Thunderfury on my Paladin. I don't think it should be transmogable for you since I didn't put in as much work as other people.

Edit: Also, where are people seeing that legendaries are going to be transmogable? I've only seen Zarhym say that they "might" relax some of the restrictions in 5.2.

i hope i have my thunderfury by the time this becomes available only need one binding now

I don't care if legendaries are moggable. Personally I won't use any for it, so...

Just look at the achievement date.

If you got your old legendarys before achievements were introduced (end of BC, prepatch Wotlk) or during the expension they were meant to be used, give them a replica like gladiator armor. Everyone else, sod off.

BT can be done solo.
    Oh come on, all you really need to clear ICC is a healer for couple of fights.
    I'm trying to get Sulfuras on my DK. Have 15 Raggy kills and no joy. I sunk quite a bit of cash on getting the Sulfuron Hammer made. Tell me now that's less of a gold sink, time sink and RNG?
    For the quest legendaries, you are guaranteed to get them sooner or later (read - even if you are unlucky, the parts have high enough drop rate to ensure you are getting the thing eventually), the RNG legendaries might not drop ever for you, the drop chance really is pretty small...

Er,

I've done MC on repeat for YEARS (since vanilla no less) I have the eye on my shaman saw the bindings both drop in one one which went to my friend. Last couple of years i've gone in on my DK, finally got one of the bindings to drop (right binding) I also had the OH glaive drop last week in BT.

I have the mace made on my DK ready to make into the hammer. Should these be moggable..... YES. I love the look of these items and I don't care if johnny and his dog next door has them and will use them it doesnt affect my character one bit. If someone gets all of these items in 1 run i'd be jealous of them and their luck but I wouldn't deny them getting these mogged.

I just want restrictions lifted like, all 1 handed weapons should be transmogged to ANY 1 handed weapon, dagger to mace etc. Same for two handed etc.

'scuse my bluntness, but where and when did they say this?
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

I don't really understand the point of 90%+ of the restrictions Blizzard imposes on transmog. It just sort of seems like they panicked when they implemented it and decided to prevent everything under the sun.

The only restriction I somewhat support is the armor one, where if something is Plate/Mail/Leather/Cloth, it should only be transmoggable to the same type of armor. Weapons should be free-for-all, if you can equip it you should be able to transmog it.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Ahahahahahahahaha.

"I got lucky on the drops so everyone else who had a more realistic -especially since most of them were trying when it was current content and only a small percentage try now that they're useless - drop rate shouldn't be allowed to transmog them."

It took me three months to get Thunderfury on my Paladin. I don't think it should be transmogable for you since I didn't put in as much work as other people.

Edit: Also, where are people seeing that legendaries are going to be transmogable? I've only seen Zarhym say that they "might" relax some of the restrictions in 5.2.
    You misunderstand. Right now the drop rates for these 3 from the end of BC are 5%/6%/7%. That's not incredibly low, a mate of mine completed his a week after I did mine. Which means he saw both glaives drop in 2 weeks. Now again RNG is RNG I know. I just think that it isn't fair for me to be able to mog them because right now getting them, these glaives is honestly pretty damn easy. Sure you could make all oranges moggable but then just watch SW fill with people wielding Glaives because shit loads of people are farming them right now as it's finally soloable. Then they would actually have a proper reason too.

I don't know. You could call me anything you want, special snowflake, whatever. I honestly don't care what other people, if they made SM a drop from LK himself next patch I wouldn't really care.

Just watch the actual whining ensue when everyone is going to be getting theirs.

PS: What the hell is up with these double posts?!

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 01:07 PM ----------

Agree with Hyrican.

This would exclude me from using Glaives and I honestly don't care, I think it is justified.

It would actually still make them rare to see and feel 'Legendary' for those who care about such a thing.

BT can be done solo.
    that would pretty much be the same thing as saying "dropped pets shouldnt be able to pet battle" the dropped legendaries for the vast majority of people take much longer to get then the quest ones
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Tbh most of the legendaries look kinda meh to me. My favourite non-transmogable weapons are the 2 staves before Dragonwrath, they don't look over the top. Also, make corrupted ashbringer possible to obtain somehow again! I want that more than transmogged legendaries.

(You can basically transmog sulfuras atm, the one off new rag looks pretty similar)

Deleted

BT can be done solo.
    your only looking @ the boss that needs to be killed , not the path we took to even get to the place to get the drop.
    Time investment for glaives when current: attunments (maggy.gruul to get to tk/sc, tk/sc to get into BT , farming orbs for weeks to outfit the raid with shadowres to even get to illidan etc etc, goldsink there was simply raiding.
    Sure it's easy now but plenty of people got theirs when current and did invest a lot in getting it
    Side note , i can solofarm big parts of the shadowmourne quest as well being a DK , only reason i can't do some things is purely mechanic based,so in the end it's not 'harder' as the drops, just a bit more annoying because of having to bring in some more bodies.

You misunderstand. Right now the drop rates for these 3 from the end of BC are 5%/6%/7%. That's not incredibly low, a mate of mine completed his a week after I did mine. Which means he saw both glaives drop in 2 weeks. Now again RNG is RNG I know. I just think that it isn't fair for me to be able to mog them because right now getting them, these glaives is honestly pretty damn easy. Sure you could make all oranges moggable but then just watch SW fill with people wielding Glaives because shit loads of people are farming them right now as it's finally soloable. Then they would actually have a proper reason too.

I don't know. You could call me anything you want, special snowflake, whatever. I honestly don't care what other people, if they made SM a drop from LK himself next patch I wouldn't really care.

Just watch the actual whining ensue when everyone is going to be getting theirs.

PS: What the hell is up with these double posts?!
    No, you don't understand. For the average Joe, obtaining pair of glaives will take much longer time than obtaining Shadowmourne. Here's an (oversimplified) example:
    100 players decide to get Thoridal and Shadowmourne. Thoridal is 7% drop rate and for the sake of RNG, let's say it takes 4 months to get SM:
    After 4 months, there will be in average 67 players with Thoridal, while all 100 of them will have their (guaranteed) Shadowmourne.