View Poll Results: Do you support banning AND round-up of said guns in the USA?

Voters
280. This poll is closed
  • No - I'm an American

154 55.00%
  • Yes - I'm an American

27 9.64%
  • No - I'm Not an American

33 11.79%
  • Yes - I'm Not an American

66 23.57%
    Quote Originally Posted by zuthus View Post
    Let's say all guns, knives, and anything that could harm someone was banned in the US, do you really think crazy people will stop because of that?
    This isn't about stopping crazy people - this is about making them WAY WAY less efficient at their crazyness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I take your point but that still only reinforces the point that the value and purpose of a gun is to kill. The guy was scared off because you thought he was going to kill him precisely because that's what a gun is for, warning shots not withstanding. Theirs lots of ways to defend yourselves and your right it's anecdotal. My girlfriend still sleeps with a knife under her pillow and a weapon in the closet even though I object. The country is paranoid in the extreme and always has been.
    Right, but in my case, it potentially saved my life and my possessions. Had I only had a knife, there's no fucking way in hell I could have stabbed him. I'm not man enough to do so.

I don't know what the right answer is. I really don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eniah View Post
    If every man should be allowed to have a gun, then every country should be allowed to have nukes.
    There you go, but not EVERY man IS allowed to have a gun.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I can't buy more than 5 bags of fertilizer and not get put on a watch list by the FBI. I can legally buy an AR-15 from a pawnshop and not get put on any list. Oh and earlier I posted a web page which will let me convert that AR-15 into a high capacity high-rate of fire fully automatic weapon. Oh and I live in the dreaded liberal state of California which technically has the strictest gun laws.

ie I have to fill out a paper and show my Drivers License. And I can't buy ammo from the store I buy the weapon at on the same day.
    Yeah I see you all spew out the line about cow-shit and the FBI, has that stopped anyone from killing people? By all that "logic" that people are throwing around, it's ok to go n kill 1 or 2, but when it's 10 or 12, then it's wrong and horrible?
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Latetomyownfuneral View Post
    It is not a fact that inanimate object are responsible for anything. THE HUMAN is the problem. Why do you not understand that?

Also, there is NO getting around the C R A Z Y part of the problem either
    Yes the human is the problem but the person who obviously shoots many people, especialy children is not in his right mind. What Schwarzkopf is saying you cant take a care and drive it into a elementary school or shopping mall and kill 20 people.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    We discuss our gun laws on this site every day...

I have owned a gun of some sort for 16 years since I was 10. I have never even had the thought of shooting someone. I'm all for stricter regulations, psych exams, background checks, ect. But bans are not the answer and will cause more problems than they will fix.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvaAger View Post
    No, it's time to increase security. Don't punish 99.99997% of the population for some crazy people.
    Increase security everywhere? Orwell society doesnt sound too tempting not to mention it cant be afforded.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by shibbily View Post
    And now you prove you did not even read my long post earlier in the thread explaining what I use guns for. I do not hunt anymore. I see no need to repeat my entire post here. And by the way, crossbows are only used by disabled people in my current state. And there is a special license for them. Our archery season is bows only. Cross bows are so advanced now it is ridiculous to consider them low tech.

I hunted from when I was 14 til I was 18, and in that time I took eight deer with my bow, all of them under 20 yards. If you want to talk about real men using crossbows....
    You brought up glocks because you thought the guy you quoted was singling them out. You are much more likely to survive a cross bow attack then a gun shot wound. I don't consider them low tech, I consider them less lethal than a hand gun. Which they are if you get medical attention. A cross bow can kill you obviously but the outcome is less dire and severe because a gun shot WILL kill you generally.

So you hunt with cross bows and you've done it all your life. Fantastic. Why do you need a gun then?

10+ Year Old Account
    The gun is not the tool that allowed the shooting. 2 things allowed for the shooting. 1) Lack of guns in the right hands. 2) Crazy. You know the part that keeps them from seeing that killing loads of people is a bad idea?
    The gun is the tool that allowed the shooting, Crazy is an easy excuse. When this is happening every 2 weeks, it's time to take a second look.

Oh, and another thing allowed for the shooting. A gun. Because without guns, you can't have any fucking shootings. I'd much rather take my chance with a knife-mass-murderer than someone with four handguns. At least I can run from knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Converting an assault rifle that is configured to fire single-shot only into an automatic rifle is laughably easy.
    can you be more specific on the definition of "assault rifle" you are using here? not flaming, there is debate over the term, and i'm interested in your perspective on this

Look up the statistics, states with LESS gun control have LESS gun crimes.

Nope, I'm not. 99% of car accidents are caused by drivers not paying attention. Also, speed limits are only legal through the commerce clause of the Constitution. So if you are not involved in commerce they do not apply.
    There is also and issue with safety. A car is much harder to control anything over 100mph and accidents at that speed would insta-kill the people involved. I'm sure that would only lead to good things.

Quote Originally Posted by shibbily View Post
    That is not true in any way. And if they actually enforced our gun laws we have now, and closed the ridiculous loopholes, maybe introduced a safestorage law like rich is always talking about, it would be for the best.

Someone with a felony cannot go in and get a gun just because.
    That's an example of the law in action, but what you described prior - safe storage etc, that'd be the way to go. Or at least a good start.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, with all the shootings we've had in the last year, I find it difficult to take the GOP's gun control position seriously anymore.

Something's gotta be done. It's getting fucking ridiculous.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Making it harder to get guns would not stop wackos from making others suffer. However, it would make it harder for them too and when the way things are now lets them kill over a dozen children in a few minutes? Then things need to change.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    We discuss our gun laws on this site every day...

I have owned a gun of some sort for 16 years since I was 10. I have never even had the thought of shooting someone. I'm all for stricter regulations, psych exams, background checks, ect. But bans are not the answer and will cause more problems than they will fix.
    What problems will not owning a gun cause you?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    This isn't about stopping crazy people - this is about making them WAY WAY less efficient at their crazyness.

schwarzkopf, please tell me about the guns used in the andrew kehoe incident. i'm very interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammahtime View Post
    I've said for year, if law enforcement recruits have to pass a psych eval then so should all gun owners. With mandatory rechecks every 5 yrs or they are arrested and their guns confiscated for failing to comply with the law.

If we can weed out the bad cops (and keep a gun out of their hands) then we should be able to do the same with civilians.
    Sure, should we regulate fertilizer sales too?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You're talking about restricting rights for millions of gun owners in response to a few isolated instances. You can't make policy based on the most extreme outliers. Even if you are stupid enough to weigh the lives of people more gun control would supposedly save against that, you'd have to include all the people who would be killed in robberies and other crimes who were not able to defend themselves against the criminals who would STILL have guns anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoboRanger View Post
    Look up the statistics, states with LESS gun control have LESS gun crimes.
    Unless nationwide rules the so called gun control in minuscule.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.