Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Part of the problem is that some people might not realize what those green spheres are: monk is a new class, remember.

Part of the problem is that a lot of people can't concentrate on where the green spheres are while concentrating on (a) not standing in fire and (b) hitting their buttons harder.

@Viggers: one of the reasons I leveled so many alts was to see the various classes. Main is a 'lock (aff/demo), but I've got a 90 druid (resto/boomkin), 87 monk (brewmaster), and an 85 of ALL the other classes (except my poor 77 warrior that I just never really clicked with). I've FINALLY managed to convince my guild to actually USE their healthstones...

Deleted
    Yeah it is really simple, class awareness and awareness of surroundings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old raid group had people admit that they didn't know what the orbs did and actually avoided them thinking it was boss mechanics even though our MW had explained several times =P

As a BrM I'm used to picking up my own orbs so having a MW's to eat is just extra healing when I need it.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    That problem has been there for years actually.

Lightwell says hi ^^
    I can't remember how Lightwell used to work, but using it isn't a big deal anymore. You don't have to move (which will often hurt something, your dps, healing or tanking) while using it (unless out of range), and one of your stats isn't based on it.

There were some PTR changes for Healing Spheres not long ago, but were scrapped. They were planning on making the spheres heal someone close by automaticly if they timed out. The heal provided would have been less than what you'd gain if you walked over them (about 50% less, but better than nothing). I wonder why they abandoned the idea?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    At the end of the day, healing spheres are just not efficient in a raiding environment. Making DPS look for small green balls while their screen is filled with addons, damage, raid mechanics etc is not practical. At least with lightwell, everyone knew where it was because it had no RNG factor in it. Making an arcane Mage move around is just NOT going to happen period.

Usual raid setting:

Me: "Hey guys, you know the orbs heal right?"
    Raid: "What orbs?"
    Me: "The green....orbs... these things *casts 3*"
    Melee: "Well I'm not going to run out and grabs those you can just heal me"
    Range: "I don't see the orbs"
    Tanks: "I can't move (even an inch to the left)"
    Other Healers: " Yeah what?"
    Healing Priest pats me on the head "Now you know what Lightwell was like"
    Me: "I WAS A PRIEST I KNOW IT'S THE SAME THING AGAIN"

T_T

10+ Year Old Account
    It's Lightwell 2.0. Same core mechanic, way, way more inconvenient. The mastery's awful, all there is to it.
    Look! Words!

I've always found it strange that they added these healing spheres in, considering this very close to the lightwell concept, a concept they recently abandoned after many years of complaining.

Don't expect anyone to move to get an orb to heal, just as they didn't bother clicking the lightwell, it's never gonna happen with the majority of players, and blizzard really should know that by now...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I feel that the MW's mastery is very powerful. The issue is that people are too dumb to actually utilize it. I can't tell you how many times people ask me to heal them after a fight while a healing sphere is spinning right next to them. It also bugs me when my party leaves a battle and there's healing spheres all over the place.

I don't know what the solution is really. I think the mastery is actually very cool and fitting for the spec. But it's just amazing how ignorant people are to our abilities.
    When you have to reach a tight heroic timer, you can't have the dps'ers to run around picking up your sphere's

I was talking about how unbelivably dumb this mechanic is with a monk healer friend of mine.

So, you are a DPS. You have a billion things to look in a fight. Fire in the ground, moving things, dispells on the boss, interrupts, and doing the highest damage you can. Why add one more thing to this?
    As a tank, I don't even need to say. You move when you don't need to, you screw with everyone.

Also, they are hard as fuck to see. Tiny transparent green balls in a place where there are bright lights everywhere.

Deleted
    Just make it jump on the most injured target within, say, 10 yards and add a ~3 sec ICD for the jump or so.

I saw someone in a "suggest new spell(s)" thread talking about a cd of some sort that makes the spheres turn to the closest injured friendly target and get consumed by them. Feels like a cd that mw needs overall aswell , revival is a weak raid cd :<
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

IF they wanted to make Orbs more beneficial, INCLUDING our own Orbs from Powerstrikes (because now many times have you noticed your Orb spawns randomly 4-5 feet infront of you instead of in a convenient spot...Speaking of I had one spawn down a mountain from me, anyway..) they would make them more like a magnetic effect where you don't have to actually run through them, but they blew up and healed people near them.

That I read was suppose to happen, at some point in time in Blizzard's thought processes, and I wish they'd implement this because I looked at how much the healing Orbs do overall on my meters and I mean, they do heal, don't get me wrong but it's like, dear god..... I see like 200 of these suckers around the room at times.

Deleted
    healing spheres are like lightwells all over again, an amazing tool, yet no one knows what to do with it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 01:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    I saw someone in a "suggest new spell(s)" thread talking about a cd of some sort that makes the spheres turn to the closest injured friendly target and get consumed by them. Feels like a cd that mw needs overall aswell , revival is a weak raid cd :<

i would like this, my MW is only low level right now, but ive been healing a lot of dungeons and literally no one uses the spheres or maybe a spell that makes spheres explode healing anyone near it for a small ammount, i dont know.

With any luck this will be like Healing Rain at the start of Cata and not like Lightwell since it was added to the game.

At least with Healing Rain people eventually started to realize that standing it in was a good thing, not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    With any luck this will be like Healing Rain at the start of Cata and not like Lightwell since it was added to the game.

At least with Healing Rain people eventually started to realize that standing it in was a good thing, not a bad thing.
    You are giving players too much credit...Just saying. HR is a huge blue circle on the ground where no one really has to move much or do work. Healing Spheres is a green ball that players then have to move to get it then move back, requiring them to you know, think about it.....

High Overlord Loriginalediscipline's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ''As a tank and former raidleader I have a habbit of being aware of all my sorroundings and react swiftly, so I don't have time to click a Lightwell''

LOL. Must be 2/16 normal this tier with this mentality.
    lor

15+ Year Old Account
    By your logic, MW healers are a liability as they create yet another thing players need to babysit and watch in order to be effective.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

The problem with the spheres is that they look like water rather than healing potions. They should be heal-pot red.

Never seen em. Although to be fair I haven't been able to raid this tier. but without an explanation first, at least for a bit, I'd think they were a boss mechanic to be avoided. I'd figure it out on my own eventually or just ask after seeing them being dropped during trash on the way to the next boss. Seriously old school raider here, anything on the ground typically sends me fleeing for safety.

From a Melee DPS perspective these are HORRIBLE, at least a lightwell could just be parked where i could zoom out and click as needed without needing to move. Ok I can't speak for all Melee DPS , just Rogues. But uptime and positioning is key to us getting anything remotely useful done. I'd be more than happy to navigate withing my designated ass kicking space, which varies in size from boss to boss, to grab them, no problem. But to step out of that box requires a lot of planning. Am I going to energy cap? is X, Y or Z buff going to expire? will I have to drop and restart my rotation? am I in the middle of any procs that are important? have I blown every survival cooldown I can making me absolutely need that damned little ball?

Liek i said, I haven't been able to raid this tier, so I know NONE of the mechanics. but I will say this, if there was a phase wher ei had to move, or i needed to get out of damage zones, I would do my best to make a route over the little balls on the floor, I assume they sit on the floor anyway.

For the record this sounds like it would have been great for Grob, high mobility fight, may have still been a slight pain since the melee trails behind the boss so getting them in that mass my have been more along the lines of luck.
    Last edited by Swargle; 2012-12-21 at 01:50 AM.