Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gnorrior View Post
    you are correct in your assumption that healing sphere >>>> surging mist in every possible way except for the clunkiness of clicking on targets.
    HS GCD is .5s, normal GCD (for monk) is 1s.
    Yeah, my sick math skills (:P) already told me so, too, but why isn't it more common to do it then? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Yeah, my sick math skills (:P) already told me so, too, but why isn't it more common to do it then? :P
    To my knowledge, it's been stated on many forums, including this one, you just didn't look very hard I suppose. I made a post specifically about it, on this forum. People prefer not using it because of it's clunkiness, though.

Have to appreciate all the discussion going on. I feel comfortable with 10k spirit, but now I'm seriously wondering if Chi Torpedo is worth going back to that (been using it the first 2 weeks I think), in 10 man... I usually go for RJW just for the buff to spinning crane kick as it's useful.

But right now working on heroic Ta'jak and I assume Chi Torpedo could be useful for phase 2, although the empowered SCK is very interesting for when you reach the end.

Guess I'll have to try it out, it's like Chi Burst which I never really adopted because Uplift always seemed better.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Have to appreciate all the discussion going on. I feel comfortable with 10k spirit, but now I'm seriously wondering if Chi Torpedo is worth going back to that (been using it the first 2 weeks I think), in 10 man... I usually go for RJW just for the buff to spinning crane kick as it's useful.

But right now working on heroic Ta'jak and I assume Chi Torpedo could be useful for phase 2, although the empowered SCK is very interesting for when you reach the end.

Guess I'll have to try it out, it's like Chi Burst which I never really adopted because Uplift always seemed better.
    Chi Burst can be very useful if people are stacked close together. For 10 mans, I currently use Chi Wave for the bonus tank healing.

I used Chi Torpedo in the first few weeks of MoP, when mana was a huge issue. When mana regen got better I dropped it and went for Xuen. Xuen provides a decent amount of burst healing.

Deleted
    Hi, I had a few questions about monk healing in 25 hc raids.

Is it okay to fistweave on every boss?

In HoF I was concerned that because I'm tagged as a healer, standing in melee on the 2nd boss of HoF would make it so the tornadoes would spawn in melee. I'm completley new to the whole meleeing aspect and don't want to cause a wipe in farm because I don't exactly know whats the best way to do thigns since the nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by pulchritudinous View Post
    Hi, I had a few questions about monk healing in 25 hc raids.

Is it okay to fistweave on every boss?

In HoF I was concerned that because I'm tagged as a healer, standing in melee on the 2nd boss of HoF would make it so the tornadoes would spawn in melee. I'm completley new to the whole meleeing aspect and don't want to cause a wipe in farm because I don't exactly know whats the best way to do thigns since the nerf.
    all boss mechanics assume that mistweavers are melee. This is why you never get targeted for things like arcane resonance.

Not entirely sure it's true.. if you stand in melee you wont, but tonight for some reason I didn't run back instantly after grip and got targetted by a tornado on ta'jak heroic..

Maybe I didn't see a ranged passing by, but I was pretty sure I was alone. It never happens when I'm in melee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Not entirely sure it's true.. if you stand in melee you wont, but tonight for some reason I didn't run back instantly after grip and got targetted by a tornado on ta'jak heroic..

Maybe I didn't see a ranged passing by, but I was pretty sure I was alone. It never happens when I'm in melee.
    I've been targeted by tornados as well. But never whilst in melee range.

Deleted
    Thanks, I was annoyed sitting back in ranged.

For fist weaving is there an accepted amount of spirit needed to make it viable or is fist weaving something you can only do a portion of the fight now that the mana cost of jab is a lot higher. Also, for fights that have large amounts of damage going out, is it worth it to keep tiger strikes and blackout kick up or should I only worry about that for times of low damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by swagfu View Post
    For fist weaving is there an accepted amount of spirit needed to make it viable or is fist weaving something you can only do a portion of the fight now that the mana cost of jab is a lot higher. Also, for fights that have large amounts of damage going out, is it worth it to keep tiger strikes and blackout kick up or should I only worry about that for times of low damage.
    To answer briefly; Keeping Tiger Strikes up during high damage phases isn't needed.

Spirit is very subjective. But 9-10k would seem to be a fair amount to reach, depending on gear. Personally, I fistweave 90% of the current bosses, basically the entire fight.

Deleted
    Does anyone know if the haste breakpoints for Zen Sphere @Valen's calculator are correct? Hell does anyone know if Zen Sphere actually has breakpoints? Fully reforged to haste it's still at 8 ticks, I'm wondering if the developers intended on making haste such a horrible stat for us...

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Does anyone know if the haste breakpoints for Zen Sphere @Valen's calculator are correct? Hell does anyone know if Zen Sphere actually has breakpoints? Fully reforged to haste it's still at 8 ticks, I'm wondering if the developers intended on making haste such a horrible stat for us...
    For some of the values given he forgets to take into account the 5% haste raid buff (can't tell if intentional but most of the values already factor in the raid buff), but as for the Zen Sphere issue it's a very good observation because in fact with the haste required to reach the 11th tick on ReM with 5% you *should* get a 9th tick on zen sphere even without the presence of the 5% haste.

I tried it out and in fact zen sphere only had 8 ticks, interesting...

Deleted
    I've tried it with and without 5% raid haste, if you wish to try as well hire a shaman in krasarang.

Could anybody answer a few questions for me? I'm a new mistweaver who is interested in 10 man raids.
    - Is Healing Sphere viable if I could (theoretically) avoid the clunkiness? In other words, if I were able to nail every sphere without taking time to find my target, is it better overall to stand back and heal with it (while also using renewing mists on CD). I ask because I am looking for a playstyle when fistweaving isn't possible/not easily accomplishable.
    - What is the best tier 30 talent for 10m raids? Currently I have Chi Wave for a bit of tank heal because I don't know how often Chi Burst will present itself in 10 man.
    - Is Chi Torpedo better for 10 man than Xuen? I have seen convincing arguments for 25man, but would like to know if it is still true for 10.
    - Finally, should I be moving my statue often in fights like Stone Guard where tanks and others are constantly moving? I get worried it is out of 20 yard range if I simply place it in the center of the room.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsauce View Post
    Could anybody answer a few questions for me? I'm a new mistweaver who is interested in 10 man raids.
    - Is Healing Sphere viable if I could (theoretically) avoid the clunkiness? In other words, if I were able to nail every sphere without taking time to find my target, is it better overall to stand back and heal with it (while also using renewing mists on CD). I ask because I am looking for a playstyle when fistweaving isn't possible/not easily accomplishable.
    It's a strong, mana efficient heal. I try to use it as much as possible as a single target heal. Atleast they are very good on healing yourself (no clunkiness). Definitely worth using if the moment is right.

- What is the best tier 30 talent for 10m raids? Currently I have Chi Wave for a bit of tank heal because I don't know how often Chi Burst will present itself in 10 man.
    I found that Chi Wave works a lot better on 10 man, especially with tank healing. Uplift renders Chi Burst pretty much useless on 10.

- Is Chi Torpedo better for 10 man than Xuen? I have seen convincing arguments for 25man, but would like to know if it is still true for 10.

Same as with the Healing Spheres. This can be very situational. If you wan't a more reliable healing cooldown I'd suggest using Xuen. However, on fights like Spirit Kings and Stone Guards, Chi Torpedo can be very useful. I don't have any numbers to compare the two with though.

- Finally, should I be moving my statue often in fights like Stone Guard where tanks and others are constantly moving? I get worried it is out of 20 yard range if I simply place it in the center of the room.
    If you plant it in the middle of the room, you should be fine. 27,000 mana is a pretty big chunk of your pool. I wouldn't move it unless I absolutely had to.

Thanks Algot, thats really helpful

5.2 changes that are out so far: Da poop?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    5.2 changes that are out so far: Da poop?
    They seem alright to me. If they last

My only concern is Chi Wave/Burst, with the removed Chi cost, are they free or will they cost mana?

Also very nice quality of life fixes for PvP. I'm happy for now

In my opinion, 5.2. will nerf us even more. Jab, Renewing Mist and Soothing Mist cost more mana, Soothing Mist also grants less chi. Enveloping Mist will become nearly useless for tank healing, not saying that it was a good tank healing before, but why would one want to nerf it even more? There are only 2 buffs against those nerfs. First is that the mastery spheres now heal when they expire, this change was already planed for 5.1. but was somehow taken away some days before it went live. It will buff our healing slightly, but as we don't stack mastery anymore and as the spheres should mostly be used in a good raid anyway, it won't be huge. The second buff is chi burst. Its healing is doubled and will be incredibly powerful, especially in 25man. Anyway, you can't say how good it will be as long as we don't know the mana costs, because it will definitely not be for free.

Therefore, if these changes would be final (which they are not), then it'd all depend on the mana cost of chi burst.

Edit: There are two versions of patch notes on the mmo-champion page. Read the first one, but as the second one states that chi burst will have a 30 second cooldown, it might truely not have any mana cost, but it's also more of a small cooldown than a spammable ability then. So right now I don't know which of the note versions are right or whether it might be a combination of both of them. This is the one (http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...TR-Build-16408) where some of the nerfs I mentioned are listed.

For example:
    Enveloping Mist healing and SP scaling reduced by 35%.
    Renewing Mist now costs 6.5% of Base Mana, up from 5%. Now will heal any friendly target, rather than just raid and party members.
    Soothing Mist mana cost slightly increased. Now grants a 30% chance to generate 1 Chi, down from 35%.

So if these changes are all true, the following patch will nerf us once more.
    Last edited by Blablubs12; 2012-12-22 at 09:35 AM.