Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    you win O:
    I havent yet gotten prescribed any meds
    one of them surpresses my appetite so getting myself to eat something is usually a chore in and of itself. its why i dont like taking them.

Quote Originally Posted by stuck4cash View Post
    Everyone supposedly has Asperger's nowadays. It's the new AD(H)D.
    I thought it's more the new bi-polar than AD(H)D.

Deleted
    Everyone has a disorder these days....

Or maybe it's just these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    obviously that means everyone who says they has it is lying.
    No - but I do tend to question those who make it a mission to inform everybody they have it, which - to me - really misrepresents a bad situation for those who really DO have it and it causes serious problems for them to not be treated seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Is aspergers really a disease? I know a few people with it and they seem to function perfectly well, they are a bit odd at times but im convinced thats just their social skills being shit.

It's not technically a disease. It isn't contagious, it's more of a disorder. I have High functioning Autism, a little bit of OCD as well. I mean if I sneezed on you, you wouldn't contract it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Highly possible

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 02:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    It's not technically a disease. It isn't contagious, it's more of a disorder. I have High functioning Autism, a little bit of OCD as well. I mean if I sneezed on you, you wouldn't contract it.
    That'd be hilarious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    Highly possible

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 02:06 AM ----------

That'd be hilarious
    if i remember correctly doesn't autism tend to focus one's thought's? in that case wouldn't we as a species get more done in that case? i remember reading that somewhere not sure if it was true or not.

Everyone has a disorder these days....

I always say to people that everybody is insane, and it's simply a matter of finding somebody who's insanity is compatible/comparable with yours. :P

The problem is these people wanting to attach a label to it, such as "asapergers", "Bi-Polar", "ADHD", ect. I just feel that's dangerous... most people who do that tend to believe if they have it labeled, then they suddenly understand it, that anything they do they're not responsible for doing, and that it allows them to say they're something special and unique amongst others. And lets not get into the whole drug regimen and what THAT does to your body and mind...

Why use all these fancy words, when there's already a word describing it all perfectly - it's "retard". You people need to start facing life more seriously, instead of finding fictional mental diseases you might be suffering from. Man up.

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-01-10 at 01:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valz. View Post
    Why use all these fancy words, when there's already a word describing it all perfectly - it's "retard". You people need to start facing life more seriously, instead of finding fictional mental diseases you might be suffering from. Man up.
    thank you for informing me of my mental retardation.

Deleted
    Why can't we be all like in Lord of the Rings?

Nobody had any disorder (well maybe Sauron and Saruman) and we would just kill Orcs and eat meat!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    What you're describing is a virus, not a disease. A disease is exactly that... Dis-Ease.

"A disease is an abnormal condition affecting the body of an organism."
    So, yeah, it can be considered a "disease".

Don't worry... the majority of the people confuse the two often, including myself. That's how I found out the difference when somebody corrected me. :P

10+ Year Old Account

Nobody had any disorder (well maybe Sauron and Saruman) and we would just kill Orcs and eat meat!
    so then where would the elves live? (on earth in relation to where they lived in middle earth)

Quote Originally Posted by Valz. View Post
    ...and this would be the Flip-side version of "Labeling" I was describing above. >_<

Deleted
    so then where would the elves live? (on earth in relation to where they lived in middle earth)
    Sweden????

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweden????
    oh man. i can't swim to sweden.

Thing is with having labels, it is easier to work with the issue.

I function well. In most situations but it took me years to adapt.

if i remember correctly doesn't autism tend to focus one's thought's? in that case wouldn't we as a species get more done in that case? i remember reading that somewhere not sure if it was true or not.
    i
    It depends, for me its when i do something i inherently like (for example im a programmer at my job which i love) i go into super focus tunnel vision mode.
    If its something i dont enjoy completely im very good at ignoring it and doing something else, like sometimes just ignore bills and have to get summoned to court before paying although i have enough money at the start.

So i guess if we had an autist for every area of expertise it wouldnt be too bad ^^

Deleted
    oh man. i can't swim to sweden.
    So? Great Eagles will help you.

Killing orcs might represent an outlet for societal rage in your psyche... particularly if your family, friends or clan were victims of a previous Orc attack.

I may suggest taking these distilled Narg Chittin powder with each meal, along with this capsule of Worgroot oil...

Now, Elves have a passive agressive disorder, most likely sustaining from a psychosomatic inferiority complex deeply entrenched within the history of the societal upbringing.

...I can do this for hours! ^_^