Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You have one already? That's pretty impressive. I don't think legendary weapon is released....

I'm probably WAAAY too late to the discussion, but...

This is the first legendary that you haven't had to play Kiss Ass to obtain. See, the old legendaries that had to be build ('Mourne, Tarcegosa, Fangs, even Val'Anyr) were gated, the two from Wrath gated by 25m guild requirements. It didn't matter if you were a skilled player on an individual basis, unless you were in a guild, who was willing to give you the drops, and able to kill the bosses required. That was, in no way, "legendary". I shouldn't have to play kiss ass with the raid leaders for permission to progress my quest. Make them take tons of effort, sure, by all means, but don't REQUIRE me to also be "The one who sucked up to our raid leader/gm the most"

Half the time the Raid Leader or GM just gave them to their best friend/ girlfriend anyway. "Oh hey Tyler's been with us for a while, [bearing in mind Tyler is his IRL friend and of course would have been around since the start it just makes sense] so we're giving the first legendary to him"

Cool, so I'm not allowed to progress because of the arbitrary decision of my GM/RL. Nah, I like it this way much more. Gated, hard, but not locked behind douchey guild politics.

Deleted
    It's good that everyone can get it with some effort! You need to do dailies / raiding / pvp, it involves all aspects of the game, not just "be in a top 200 guild & attend every raid in order to get it"

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Whats the point in making it legendary then if it truly isnt legendary at all? If any person can get their grubby hands on one, how is it legendary? Its common then.
    legendary stands for its powerlevel, not the rarity.
    same goes for epic items, wich are as common as white trashdrops

Deleted
    Legendary is just legendary, doesn'tmean it has to be hard to get your hands on.
    I don't care about legendaries and I'm happy if more people can get their hands on one, orange seem to make most people happy, but some snowflakes less happy.

Rarity has nothing to do with Legendary.

EDIT: Oh and it's also pretty cool that you know how rare/common it will be! Kudos to you, Mr Futureman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyond2 View Post
    I'm probably WAAAY too late to the discussion, but...

This is the first legendary that you haven't had to play Kiss Ass to obtain. See, the old legendaries that had to be build ('Mourne, Tarcegosa, Fangs, even Val'Anyr) were gated, the two from Wrath gated by 25m guild requirements. It didn't matter if you were a skilled player on an individual basis, unless you were in a guild, who was willing to give you the drops, and able to kill the bosses required. That was, in no way, "legendary". I shouldn't have to play kiss ass with the raid leaders for permission to progress my quest. Make them take tons of effort, sure, by all means, but don't REQUIRE me to also be "The one who sucked up to our raid leader/gm the most"

Half the time the Raid Leader or GM just gave them to their best friend/ girlfriend anyway. "Oh hey Tyler's been with us for a while, [bearing in mind Tyler is his IRL friend and of course would have been around since the start it just makes sense] so we're giving the first legendary to him"

Cool, so I'm not allowed to progress because of the arbitrary decision of my GM/RL. Nah, I like it this way much more. Gated, hard, but not locked behind douchey guild politics.
    The greed is strong with this one.

Everyone wants gear. Thats the point of end game. Everyone wants the most powerful weapons, and because you were not chosen first to get the legendary weapon in your guild, you QQ and call injustice? Thats a bunch of bullshit QQ. If you were truly dedicated to your guild and the progression of the team, you would not QQ and patiently wait in line for your chance at the legendary.

All of that aside, you proved my point exactly. This is the first legendary where it does not take heroic / legendary effort to obtain. Any beggar can get it, and therefore it proves my point. The Mop "legendary" is not Legendary. It is as common as the green items you get doing quests while leveling.

Also, so what if your RL decided to give it to a player that was his IRL friend? If he is the GMs friend, its only logical that he would have been with the guild for the longest (or very long, perhaps even helped create the guild), therefore it stands logical that he would be awarded with it.

Case in point: Legendary items should require LEGENDARY effort to receive one. Yes the Glaives were drops from illidan, but it required legendary effort for guilds to progress that far and finally kill the end boss of the expansion (before they added sunwell). Yes Thoridal was a drop from KJ, but getting to kj was gold in itself. I remember decent t5 entry t6 guilds being satisfied only killing the first few trash pulls of sunwell because they were not good enough to even make it to Kalegos, let alone kill him.

Don't go look in the AH in D3... Its just a fancy way to include fancy item with fancy features now. Old wow is old wow, having heroic raid gear with 2 upgrades is an injustice over the color of an item. Too bad you couldn't transfer a korea account to us. The 520+ ilvl with upgrades would destroy everything.

Oh look, This thread from Jaylock, AGAIN.

Tell me, How are the other legendaires "Legendary"? Please explain to me this "Fact"

Every legendary is not legendary.

Thoridal? - Based on Pure Luck

Glaives? - Based on Pure Luck

Dragon Soul Daggers? - Grind DS for months on end

DragonsWrath - Grind FL for 6+ months on end.

Shadowmorune? - Grind ICC For months on end.

Valnyr? - Grind Ulduar for months on end.

Thunderfury? - Grind Molten core for months until you get both bindings, Getting the essence from Rag and getting 10 enchanted elementium bars.

Looks like ALOT of grinding the same raid for months on end to me.

How is grinding "Legendary"

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    I agree with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    Oh look, This thread from Jaylock, AGAIN.

Tell me, How are the other legendaires "Legendary"? Please explain to me this "Fact"

Every legendary is not legendary.

Thoridal? - Based on Pure Luck

Glaives? - Based on Pure Luck

Dragon Soul Daggers? - Grind DS for months on end

DragonsWrath - Grind FL for 6+ months on end.

Shadowmorune? - Grind ICC For months on end.

Valnyr? - Grind Ulduar for months on end.

Thunderfury? - Grind Molten core for months until you get both bindings, Getting the essence from Rag and getting 10 enchanted elementium bars.

Looks like ALOT of grinding the same raid for months on end to me.

How is grinding "Legendary"
    Read my post, literally 2 posts above yours and there you will find your answer... Im not going to re-explain myself to someone who refuses to read.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Snip

Show me where item QUALITY = item RARITY.

Read my post, literally 2 posts above yours and there you will find your answer... Im not going to re-explain myself to someone who refuses to read.
    Lol, Enjoying the fact your un-banned again huh?

You must have forgotten the part where you had to attune yourself to Black temple. Yeah must have. Lets see:

To gain entry to the black temple, you had to:

Kill Kaelthas
    Kill Lady Vashj
    Kill Gruul the Dragonkiller (to gain entry to SSC to kill lady Vashj)
    Kill Nightbane (to gain entry to SSC to kill lady Vashj)
    Kill Magtheradon (to gain entry to the eye to kill Kaelthas)
    Several heroic dungeon quests to gain entry to Karazhan, Mags Lair.

Yeah accomplishing all that, and getting an RNG drop from a boss that practically no one was killing was pretty freaking Legendary.

Fast forward to today:

Herpa Derp, I just walked into the most recent raid tier. I just got the legendary collection items from LFR. I just got a "legendary"

Yeah, i rest my case, In Mop a "Legendary" is not a Legendary.
    So you want legendarys to be time sinks. Well guess what this one seems to be taking the whole expansion so I guess that makes it the most legendary of the legendarys.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post

I think this needs to be posted again to make sure people read it

Quality =/= rarity

Deleted
    Afaik the true legendary won't come untill the end tier, which is still a year to go from now on.

So calm down, and wait.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    This is complete crap because this assumes the guild could kill Illidan. Very few guilds could kill him. Even fewer guilds could kill Kil'Jaeden. Look at the mass spam of your trade channels for those garbage guilds, because good ones dont spam trade to find players.

I was here in Cata, and I did see several garbage guilds with staffs. It took time, thats all it took. Thats not Legendary, thats called retarded common bs. What makes a weapon legendary is that it is RARE, VERY RARE. When you saw a rogue in AV with the twin blades of azzinoth, people ran from him, and you knew he was bad ass.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:16 AM ----------

You must have forgotten the part where you had to attune yourself to Black temple. Yeah must have. Lets see:

To gain entry to the black temple, you had to:

Kill Kaelthas
    Kill Lady Vashj
    Kill Gruul the Dragonkiller (to gain entry to SSC to kill lady Vashj)
    Kill Nightbane (to gain entry to SSC to kill lady Vashj)
    Kill Magtheradon (to gain entry to the eye to kill Kaelthas)
    Several heroic dungeon quests to gain entry to Karazhan, Mags Lair.

Yeah accomplishing all that, and getting an RNG drop from a boss that practically no one was killing was pretty freaking Legendary.

Fast forward to today:

Herpa Derp, I just walked into the most recent raid tier. I just got the legendary collection items from LFR. I just got a "legendary"

Yeah, i rest my case, In Mop a "Legendary" is not a Legendary.
    Wow you just plain suck at argumenting! Honestly, if all *THAT* is part of obtaining the Glaives, honestly you might as well add "Create Character" and "Level to Max level"... Jesus Christ...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    So you want legendarys to be time sinks. Well guess what this one seems to be taking the whole expansion so I guess that makes it the most legendary of the legendarys.
    Time sinks? are you serious? So you basically want legendaries to be passed out on silver platters to those willing to just twiddle their thumbs facerolling LFR.

The difference between the "legendary" in Mop and in times before is you had to pass Legendary obstacles. I wont re explain what they were in TBC as they are in my post on page 19, but if you cant understand that, then im afraid you never will Xeraxis.

Deleted
    In fact it should be green because thats what it is if everyone can get it.
    Yea, because not everybody can get blue or epic...

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I'm glad that you've been able to see the end result in 5.4 already. Want to share your timemachine?
    even if he's wrong, the same basic idea still applies. even if it is a weapon. blizzard has stated they want everything to be more accessible.

When everybody's special, nobody is. More work and effort means nothing.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Wow you just plain suck at argumenting! Honestly, if all *THAT* is part of obtaining the Glaives, honestly you might as well add "Create Character" and "Level to Max level"... Jesus Christ...
    Not following your logic at all. Did you happen to kill Illidan during TBC? Did you kill him before the attunement was lifted? lol... Did your guild even have Glaives drop? When was the first time you even saw a Glaive in game?

Yeah, please move along.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 04:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SaltLakeAtrocity View Post
    even if he's wrong, the same basic idea still applies. even if it is a weapon. blizzard has stated they want everything to be more accessible.

When everybody's special, nobody is. More work and effort means nothing.
    ^ This times 100. It is not a Legendary when everyone has one. (ie the effort to obtain one is minimal)