Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    All pvp should have normalized gear all the time. Then and only then can things really get balanced and skill really shine. Leave rewards to titles, mounts, and transmog gear similar to challenge modes that has really awesome effects and maybe some additional flare.

ye blizz makes the game worse and worse,they lost it.

You'd have to remove PvP gear entirely, which then provides no incentive to people aside from rating. Some people just don't like that. Right now the PvP system provides incetive for new and more powerful gear. Bragging rights due to competitive ratings. General fun from just doing arenas or BG's. If you remove everyones incentive to acquire more gear, aside from the competitive ratings, you really have funneled down a pretty big drive to keep involved in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoxia View Post
    ye blizz makes the game worse and worse,they lost it.
    Lol what's the matter? Afraid to fight on equal grounds? Or did you prefer it when you were in malevolent and got to stomp players in loldreadful?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been playing GW2 on the side while i play WoW aswell for a long time, and i really liked their pvp system.
    Everyone has the same gear, and while you progress you get better cosmectic gear, so you are able to show off your rank. Higher gear looks badass.
    I think that the devs are aiming into a middle ground between that and WoW pvp model, and its a good move in my opinion.
    Kudos to Blizzard for taking action into this.
    Last edited by Antherios; 2013-01-18 at 05:29 PM.

As someone who plays 2.2k+ arenas, I welcome the change to how gear will be acquired. I'm ready to see some skill come back to this game. It is never good for a game's pvp to have such power disparities between players; gear has never been a bigger part of WoW pvp than this season, and WoW pvp has never been a bigger joke in terms of balance, gear progression, etc. Those of you who have t2 wep + elite gear for doing arenas with a warrior or hunter at the beginning of the season and think you're "LOLSUPAHPRO" for 2 shotting kids with no gear in randoms are what's wrong with this game, NOT THE CASUALS.

My only real qualm with the new notes is the ever-increasing team rating. I'm not really sure how it works, because from the way it is worded it sounds like it would make team hopping a bit taboo and incentivize sticking with the same team all season >_>
    Last edited by Shadowygoodness; 2013-01-18 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Lol what's the matter? Afraid to fight on equal grounds? Or did you prefer it when you were in malevolent and got to stomp players in loldreadful?
    Actually the only change is weapons, because gear have the same stats(I mean normal and elite).

People are QQuing about it? I can't believe it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    I have been playing GW2 on the side while i play WoW aswell for a long time, and i really liked their pvp system.
    Everyone has the same gear, and while you progress you get better cosmectic gear, so you are able to show off your rank. Higher gear looks badass.
    I think that the devs are aiming into a middle ground between that and WoW pvp model, and its a good move in my opinion.
    Kudos to Blizzard for taking action into this.
    I'd say removing gear stats out of the equation but keeping them entirely cosmetic is a great step in the right direction.

Deleted
    In PvP EVERYONE should have the same Ilvl gear

but pvp isnt even balanced so whatever

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another reason why I'm moving on from this garbage game. Everyone has a right to be at the top, but how you get there? Well, I'm sure most know. When something isn't broken don't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Actually the only change is weapons, because gear have the same stats(I mean normal and elite).

People are QQuing about it? I can't believe it...
    The blog is worded as if the Elite gear has better stats in 5.2+.

Deleted
    unfucking believable,blizz still cares about pvp?
    well they deserve to be praised for once

Make all gear the same and add cosmetic transmog gear, tabards, more mounts, etc. (all for 2.2k+ ratings). Would make it more balanced, and you would easily be able to define who is who and what ratings they have obtained in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    weekly caps will still be higher for higher rated players, right?

either way, isn't your 'skill' supposed to be your advantage?

don't all true 'competitors', even in real life, want an even playing field?

what's the point in beating someone if you have a numbers advantage? then you can't know for sure if you're actually better than them, or if your gear decided the outcome.
    This would be true in a one out type deathmatch tournament. But when you can play and play and play and play... you have just as much opportunity to play as the next guy. If they field isn't "even" its because those with less gear have played less. Blizzard isn't handing the gear to some players for free, and hindering others.

The "kill being advantage" thing is just a scapegoat. Don't pretend like you don't want gear at all. As if having things isn't important to you or others. I'm sure all the people crying 'scared to be on an even playing field?!" live as humbly as possible, never like to have pride or show off. Its just silly.

Deleted
    Skill =/= time spent grinding ratings.

This simply eases the lives players who are skilled but don't have the time for constant arena/RBG grind. Bad players in good gear will still get beaten by good players in equal gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Shocktroop View Post
    Proof you have no idea what you are talking about. Higher rated players will have a higher weekly cap so they will hit 27k months before the casuals(so no, everyone will not hit the cap at the same time). The advantage of skill was removed years ago and replaced with gear. It does not take much skill to hit gladiator nowadays.
    Thank you. Isn't the cap from arena like 1350 on the low end and like 2700 on the high end? So 2700. will take 20 weeks for a 1500 rated person while a 2500 rated person will get it in 10 weeks
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    This would be true in a one out type deathmatch tournament. But when you can play and play and play and play... you have just as much opportunity to play as the next guy. If they field isn't "even" its because those with less gear have played less. Blizzard isn't handing the gear to some players for free, and hindering others.

The "kill being advantage" thing is just a scapegoat. Don't pretend like you don't want gear at all. As if having things isn't important to you or others. I'm sure all the people crying 'scared to be on an even playing field?!" live as humbly as possible, never like to have pride or show off. Its just silly.
    Whats the problem with everyone having the same gear? For years the PvP community wanted a more balanced game, and now at least the gear difference will be smaller.
    The ones who compete in the top level wont even notice this change they all compete with people with top gear anyway, the only logical reason to be agaisnt this change is the kid who bought/cheated his way to 2.2k rating to get a weapon and its now back in the 1400s stomping people only because of his gear and its now afraid that he wont even make into arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Literally none of the shit that blue post was full of addresses the gear disparity problem. Why? Because joining in the middle of the season still means you're shit out of luck. Hell, it'll be worse in 5.2 than it was in 5.0 and let's not even talk about 5.3.
    You really didn't read the post did you? When 5.3 drops, non-elite tyrannical can be had with honor. If you think these changes worsen the gear disparity you either didn't read the post or have some serious issues with comprehension...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by katji View Post
    Another reason why I'm moving on from this garbage game. Everyone has a right to be at the top, but how you get there? Well, I'm sure most know. When something isn't broken don't fix it.
    By grinding your ass off.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    As someone who plays 2.2k+ arenas, I welcome the change to how gear will be acquired. I'm ready to see some skill come back to this game. It is never good for a game's pvp to have such power disparities between players; gear has never been a bigger part of WoW pvp than this season, and WoW pvp has never been a bigger joke in terms of balance, gear progression, etc. Those of you who have t2 wep + elite gear for doing arenas with a warrior or hunter at the beginning of the season and think you're "LOLSUPAHPRO" for 2 shotting kids with no gear in randoms are what's wrong with this game, NOT THE CASUALS.

My only real qualm with the new notes is the ever-increasing team rating. I'm not really sure how it works, because from the way it is worded it sounds like it would make team hopping a bit taboo and incentivize sticking with the same team all season >_>
    Nice to have some feedback from a 2.2k+ player instead off all the 1500 players that got their T2 in RBGs crying about their gear advantage being taken away. "But blizzard, how am I supposed to win a 1500 arena match without a 20 ilevel gear advantage???!!!!!