Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    No. There is too much wrong with being an western pupet state.
    I think (and sincerely hope) he was just joking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I think (and sincerely hope) he was just joking.
    Nope. I support imperialism as a method of spreading civilization and social improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Isn't it funny to see how the homophobes get in such panics and make up such crazy theories to try and avoid looking at gay people?

I don't know, but I'm getting to the point that I think all these people have something repressed down there. Is it a hidden, forbidden craving for man love?

Why else would you go all the way and have all this work? Why would you care?

That's it folks, I've settled it. All these people need is a whole bunch of man love. Who wants some?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I disagree. Western imperialism provides impressive social and cultural models for the colonial peoples to imitate and incorporate.
    Are-you-serious?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are-you-serious?
    Yup. Entirely.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Nope. I support imperialism as a method of spreading civilization and social improvement.
    Well you're right it worked SO WELL in the years past. Why not try it again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Incorrectly applied, it can be detrimental. But even then, the factors of acculturation and social examples still aply.

15+ Year Old Account
    So what did work better? I'm curious cos I cant think of something regardless of the many flaws we got.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Incorrectly applied, it can be detrimental. But even then, the factors of acculturation and social examples still aply.
    How can colonialism be correctly applied? Abusing of someone else resources is good how?
    Or are you talking about "illuminated colonialism"? A good colonialism? That's utopia and will never be applied.
    ESPECIALLY in a capitalistic society like ours.

For starters we would be spitting on the graves of the tens of thousands of freedom fighters that died for our Sovereignty.

For starters we would be spitting on the graves of the tens of thousands of freedom fighters that died for our Sovereignty.
    Implying we should actually care about dead people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    So what did work better? I'm curious cos I cant think of something regardless of the many flaws we got.
    Unfortunately we will never know what would have worked better cause the whole of Africa for example was held repressed for so many centuries that its actually impossible now to create anything consistent socially. Like a structured society, for example.
    The reason why the world is in bits is DUE to the imperialistic races.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    and the non gay won't really give a shit...so why all the hate?
    forgive me but somehow, noone knows why, those damn people give a lot of a fuck of a shit about things they shouldnt be interested in at all.

everything i do within my 4 walls is just about me, and the person im with there, as long as it doesnt interfere with the law and is consensual with adults, its all fine. i dont get why theres so much debating about sth that is DEEPLY private and only concerning the ones actually DOING it. its MY decision who i am living with and how, not any churches or else.

and as long as noone can prove that people fall from the sky dead because i may be having "gay intercourse" (in us called sodomy, which is rediculous, because under that f***in/marrying your first-cousin falls as well as anal-sex hetero-couples mayever have!!! both is totally fine in everywhere, while its "sodomy" as well ( leaned from the word Sodom from the bible),
    noone has the right to tell me how to be happy. thats for marriage as it is for adoption as it is for sex and so on. i think, telling a kid of father christmas and imaginary beeing(s) is much more damaging to their brain and "soul" than accepting gay/lesbian couples marrying and adopting and living their way ever may be.

also there is freedom of religion, this includes my right to not only choose which religion i belive in and under which religious laws i subdue my life, it also is the freedom to not be forced under a certain religious law of a religion im not believing in! so: marriage is only for hetero-christians? no its not! your religious ceremony is, civil marriage is ... CIVIL marriage and doesnt fall under a religious view ANYWAY.

also i must say that 90% of the protagonist of "heavy anti-GAY-agenda" are strangly a) knowing a lot how it is to have gay sex, and b) look extremly, forgive me, GAY themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can colonialism be correctly applied? Abusing of someone else resources is good how?
    Or are you talking about "illuminated colonialism"? A good colonialism? That's utopia and will never be applied.
    ESPECIALLY in a capitalistic society like ours.
    Focusing on the economic aspect rather than trying to force acculturation is a good start.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 06:58 AM ----------

Your point being what?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Are you serious?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I'm getting pretty sick now of these people that seem to think it's okay to deny somebody their basic rights as a human being just because they don't "agree" with their way of life. Why can't these people just mind their own damn business, gay people aren't harming anyone, nor is it harmful to be gay. When I hear the argument "COS GOD SAID SO IT R IN BIBLEZ!" I just want to scream, an opinion is not taken seriously if it's based on fairytales.

They need to focus more on people that are actually harming society, rather than persecuting a minority just for being who they are.
    Basic rights are food, shelter, employment, and safety, gay people arent being denied these things. Marriage is NOT a basic right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Basic rights are food, shelter, employment, and safety, gay people arent being denied these things. Marriage is NOT a basic right
    It is a civil right, however.

Deleted
    Focusing on the economic aspect rather than trying to force acculturation is a good start.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 06:58 AM ----------

Your point being what?
    So you mean, a bunch of people coming over spending money to do what build infrastructures and an economy for their host country only?
    Yeah that would be great but it's utopic. I also wish happiness and health to every men on earth, but I think we're on the same page here. Utopia.

So you think imperialism is good even though history teaches us the exact opposite (oh and we still pay the consequences), because of your utopic ideologies?
    I might understand it but keep it to yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you serious?
    He is and why should we, they are dead. If you want to spend your time tributing all the dead go ahead, some of us got better things to do.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    This must be probably the most ignorant thing I've seen in a while.