Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Any tips for H-Protectors? I don't think I'll be on adds (got both an spriest and a lock), so BM?

Obviously silencing shot focus on Asani in a rotation. Other than that seems very bleh as a fight, at least on non-elite mode.
    We went there last night, with sub optimal set up (few undergeared people) and couldn't kill them cus dps was low. Fight isn't hard @ all really so I expect us to down them next reset easilly.
    As hunter I played survival, defo way to go due to reasons allready mentioned. I used trap on every CD to help our add killers (we don't have a warlock ) , was in charge of dispeling Cleansing waters (glyphed tranq shot) and also back up interrupter on Asani when needed.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

As always, I really appreciate any advice given: Heroic Vizier (10m): Any tips/tricks on this boss?

- So far: I deterrence and pop disengage on the MC platform, but the disengage doesn't seem like something that would be serious to pop on this boss during that phase: I'm thinking of blowing SS instead here.

- Just how much damage can you soak if you pop a deterrence during attenuation? Anyone know?

I seem to be a bit behind people even when we start out at the same pace. Not sure if I should maybe glyph into personal aspect here or not to fix the issue.

Any sub-30% boss tips?

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Beebeey; 2013-01-23 at 08:53 AM.

For Attenuation, try standing a little closer to the boss - the closer you are to the boss, the tighter circles will be around him, and so the faster you'll move around the circle. Don't be so close that you run into the discs in front of you, though! You shouldn't need to either stop DPSing nor change Aspects here - though you might not be able to do a perfectly optimal rotation while also on the move.

I wouldn't bother with Deterrence on Attenuation. However, you can use Deterrence during Force and Verve if you get low on health during it - losing a couple of seconds of DPS might be worth the healer mana, depending on whether the issue is a DPS one, or a healer a longevity one.

I don't think I've had an issue with Disengage during the MC, but you could pop that one if you want. Sub-30% you can use it to get more quickly into your Force and Verve bubble, so it might be on cooldown if the mind control is immediately after Force and Verve. The main issue with Force and Verve in the last phase is getting Attenuation right after it and having melee get killed by it as they are just getting out of their shell at that point - but you should probably be getting into the furthest shell, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Barberry View Post
    As always, I really appreciate any advice given: Heroic Vizier (10m): Any tips/tricks on this boss?

- So far: I deterrence and pop disengage on the MC platform, but the disengage doesn't seem like something that would be serious to pop on this boss during that phase: I'm thinking of blowing SS instead here.

- Just how much damage can you soak if you pop a deterrence during attenuation? Anyone know?

I seem to be a bit behind people even when we start out at the same pace. Not sure if I should maybe glyph into personal aspect here or not to fix the issue.

Any sub-30% boss tips?

Thanks guys!
    From what I saw deterrence will deflect the yellow rings but not the green orbs, you shouldn't be getting hit by either in reality. Also dump Intimidation before Convert if you're BM and remember to unspec your level 30 talent. Sub 30% when you're doing all the running remember to continue using Kill Command on cooldown as your pet will always be in range of the boss.

Deleted
    Disangage jumped me off the platform a few times down in to the gas =\ so keep that on cd

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Also, a few of Zian's shields (the super important/don't hit these ones) line up with shadow skull adds, so you can easily switch to them and not be just standing their holding your dick while you wait for the purges (don't tranq shot the shield, auto-shot will trigger it).
    You can and should dispell zian; no problem with autoshots there.

No damage, because you do not get hit by it anyways.

Any sub-30% boss tips?
    In force and verve you can stay outside the bubble and deterrence after like 3 ticks - you maybe need a healthstone though. (If no one else can soak it).

Deleted
    You can disengage through each Blade Tempest Ta'yak hc! You can do while he pulls you meaning in the air, or while he has pulled you. You still have to run though but let's say you were far from the boss and he pulls you. You disengage and problem solved, no death! Did it lot of times today. (Sorry, if people have talked about that already)

P.S I was using prothaste

Quote Originally Posted by anon93 View Post
    You can disengage through each Blade Tempest Ta'yak hc! You can do while he pulls you meaning in the air, or while he has pulled you. You still have to run though but let's say you were far from the boss and he pulls you. You disengage and problem solved, no death! Did it lot of times today. (Sorry, if people have talked about that already)

I don't think it's been said. I didn't say anything because I thought it would be a given. I specced CTHC over posthaste cause for some reason people were having trouble stacking and having a 50% DR every unseen strike was good for the situation.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Don't die
    End
    Free lewt!
    YAY!

Heroic Tsulong.

I was on add duty.. I of course was killing the small adds (dark of night adds) during night phase, but I am more concentrating on specs for killing the Unstable Sha's.

I was BM for this fight, and specced into the following..

The Sha adds will cast a spell at a random member of the raid. Every time they cast, they lose 15% health. So ONLY Binding Shot/Intimidation if absolutely necessary. Point is to keep them slowed (concussive shot/trap), and dps them down quickly.

Binding Shot- Having this as an extra way to stun the adds was useful. Again...tried to avoid using this unless absolutely needed.

Blink Strike- Having this be available to get to the adds quickly...was very useful.

Glyph of Explosive Trap- Having this as a knockback...was awesome. I would use it if we had a stray. I also tried (albeit toward the end, when it was a guaranteed kill), to throw the trap at the center of the light beam. I found that when the first one got close, it would explode and throw it far away.

*Disclaimer...use at your own risk. They go backwards from where you throw the trap. I had 1 add literally get thrown into the fucking light beam from like 30 yards away../facepalm.
    Last edited by Ziggypac; 2013-01-25 at 10:06 PM.
    Tyrage - Alleria - Full Spectrum -
    T14 6/6H MSV, 6/6H HoF, 4/4H ToES
    T15 4/13H
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yrage/advanced

I was sharing this with someone on the forums and I thought I'd put this here:
    On garalon his crush kills your dire beast so you should time it after the crush so it has enough time to attack and despawn. You can do this by summoning your first dire beast then waiting for the first crush then summon your next dire beast.

On H wind lord you can use your AMoC on every recklessness, which would be a huge dps increase, 600% damage to your AMoC would be like getting 6 AMoCs during the fight which is much better than using it whenever is is off of CD or on an add.

On zor'lok I glyph tranq shot so I can lower the usage of it when I am mced. Gets really annoying when you dispel a healer's innervate or a tank's vengeance or any other buff that costs mana.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

More Info:

MSV:
    Will of the Emps
    • Glyph of Black Ice make fairly easy to dodge the Combo and get the extra dmg (Do it on RF before trying it on your raid, and don't do on heroic mode as you won't have time to dodge the combo).

HOF:

Empress:
    • H - Stay in melee range (spread few yards cus of aoe dmg) since you can't get the Cry of Terror debuff and yer just taking some space from people that need to run into the fields. Not to mention you can get buff from big add in case your strategy sports saving one for P3.
      You shouldn't do that, in fact you don't get the Cry of Terror but the shield can spawn on you and spawning a shield on melee can be bad, specially if a shield spawn nearby and on of the shields get kicked to the tank (happens when one shield spawn too close to another and happened with me).

Terrace:

Lei Shi

• If you're using CC on adds remember to pick Wyvern Sting, if your strat is kite take Biding Shot.

Sha of Fear:

• Glyph of Black Ice on the plataform will make Sha Orbs easy to pick up.
    That’s what I do, Zoggosh. I think good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I don't think it's been said. I didn't say anything because I thought it would be a given. I specced CTHC over posthaste cause for some reason people were having trouble stacking and having a 50% DR every unseen strike was good for the situation.
    There's a small caveat here. If you do it before you land within the tempest itself, you sort of rubber-band back to the initial position. If you're in-air within the tempest, it sort of bugs out and does nothing. So either be far away and high in the air or land and spam it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggypac View Post
    Heroic Tsulong.

I was on add duty.. I of course was killing the small adds (dark of night adds) during night phase, but I am more concentrating on specs for killing the Unstable Sha's.

I was BM for this fight, and specced into the following..

The Sha adds will cast a spell at a random member of the raid. Every time they cast, they lose 15% health. So ONLY Binding Shot/Intimidation if absolutely necessary. Point is to keep them slowed (concussive shot/trap), and dps them down quickly.

Binding Shot- Having this as an extra way to stun the adds was useful. Again...tried to avoid using this unless absolutely needed.

Blink Strike- Having this be available to get to the adds quickly...was very useful.

Glyph of Explosive Trap- Having this as a knockback...was awesome. I would use it if we had a stray. I also tried (albeit toward the end, when it was a guaranteed kill), to throw the trap at the center of the light beam. I found that when the first one got close, it would explode and throw it far away.

*Disclaimer...use at your own risk. They go backwards from where you throw the trap. I had 1 add literally get thrown into the fucking light beam from like 30 yards away../facepalm.
    Explosive Trap is also useful in the day phase should an add get too close to the boss

I also am 95% sure that you can deterrence the nightmare puddles and the fear that follows

I'm in a 25 man guild so the hunters don't have to mess with the night adds except to drop traps when we can.

Deterrence definitely works on Nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by anon93 View Post

There is a split second where using disengage will bug out and you won't actually move at all (about the time when you're almost on his body). Try to use it after you firmly land or well before.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    There is a split second where using disengage will bug out and you won't actually move at all (about the time when you're almost on his body). Try to use it after you firmly land or well before.
    Yeah, and I seemed to be able to find this split second about every 10th pull during progression...specc'ing posthaste made it go away.

Deleted
    I have one, that I cant find anyone else mentioning in the thread.

As a survival hunter on Amber-Shaper (normal, havent seen Heroic) you can trap the Amber-Scalpel with entrapment. If you pop a Ice-Trap right at where the Scapel "spawns" the first Living Amber that spawns shortly after witll trigger the trap and as the scalpel havent moved far enough to escape the Ice Traps AE it becomes stuck there for the remainder on its duration.

I have reported it to Blizz as a bug but no answer on if its intentional or not. It has its use since the person chased by the scalpel dont have to move further then a few yards.

Quote Originally Posted by joruu View Post
    I have one, that I cant find anyone else mentioning in the thread.

As a survival hunter on Amber-Shaper (normal, havent seen Heroic) you can trap the Amber-Scalpel with entrapment. If you pop a Ice-Trap right at where the Scapel "spawns" the first Living Amber that spawns shortly after witll trigger the trap and as the scalpel havent moved far enough to escape the Ice Traps AE it becomes stuck there for the remainder on its duration.

I have reported it to Blizz as a bug but no answer on if its intentional or not. It has its use since the person chased by the scalpel dont have to move further then a few yards.
    You can actually just sidestep the scalpel slightly, and it'll keep casting on the same spot because it doesn't register that you've moved out of range of it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamyor View Post

Sha of Fear:

• Glyph of Black Ice on the plataform will make Sha Orbs easy to pick up.
    can you explain this? like easier to see or pick up or what