Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

enjoy dem regular school & cinema shootings! peewww peewwww
    Last edited by Himora; 2013-02-02 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Back on topic.

The supreme court if it decides the AR-15 or any of the numerous assault weapons are dangerous and unusual they would fall outside the right to bear arms. The law read's there shall be no law infringes on rights to bear arms. However the supreme court never defined what a national meaning behind an assault weapons. However IF they decided to take the case. They COULD decide the weapon is both dangerous and usual therefore falls outside the scope and could ban it legally.
    Everything is dangerous, ban everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytch View Post
    Why is DHS arming themselves to the teeth? With HOLLOW POINTS and just the other day put in an order for 7,000 FULLY automatic "self defense rifles" aka AR-15s.
    No such thing my friend.
    Sure there are. They're just not legal for civilians.

Here's the actual Personal Defense Weapons Solicitation from fbo.gov. And here's the relevant supporting pdf file which stipulates:
    1.0 SCOPE
    The scope of this contract is to provide a total of up to 7,000 5.56x45mm North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) personal defense weapons (PDW) throughout the life of this contract to numerous Department of Homeland Security components.
    3.1 General. DHS and its components have a requirement for a 5.56x45mm NATO, select-fire firearm suitable for personal defense use in close quarters and/or when maximum concealment is required.
    So they're looking for 7000 select-fire (fully automatic) AR-15s (or similar style .223s).

Back on topic.

The supreme court if it decides the AR-15 or any of the numerous assault weapons are dangerous and unusual they would fall outside the right to bear arms. The law read's there shall be no law infringes on rights to bear arms. However the supreme court never defined what a national meaning behind an assault weapons. However IF they decided to take the case. They COULD decide the weapon is both dangerous and usual therefore falls outside the scope and could ban it legally.
    Or they could vote that the ban does violate the right to bear arms and prevent any further gun bans.

I don't think it will even get that far because the gun ban isn't going to get to a vote. A magazine ban is likely DOA as well at this point as well.

EDIT: Wanted to add that if AR15 rifles are not used for home defense then why are ammunition makers starting to offer loadings for that purpose?

http://www.hornady.com/store/223-Rem-55-gr-FPD/
    http://www.winchester.com/Products/r...s/default.aspx
    Last edited by Extrazero8; 2013-02-02 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Extrazero8 View Post
    Or they could vote that the ban does violate the right to bear arms and prevent any further gun bans.

I don't think it will even get that far because the gun ban isn't going to get to a vote. A magazine ban is likely DOA as well at this point as well.
    I'm not denying reality that they could vote it does violate the right to bear arms. However we simply do not know. Anyone who claims to know is a liar. For longest time when Obama Care was being decided for months no one knew exactly which way it would go while people on TV predicted widely. I'm simply saying if they deem it usual and dangerous.

Like sawed off shot guns. Then a ban could take affect. Since that court is the highest in the land. Unless people would rather go through a bloody civil war dying in the streets all for the right to hold a certain type of weapon. I would say so be it and comfortably sit inside my house while a minority of gun fanatics scream in the street

(i.e. Alex Jones)

In fact words cannot do justice. Let me pull up the video so you know in detail the type of madness I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Well bugger me sideways, did you know the AR15 was in use with the British army before it was adopted by the USAF and became the M16? I only found that out tonight. Brits were using Americas most famous firearm before even US forces, what an interesting fact.
    Are you sure? I believe that the English used the C7 variant (from Colt Canada, but it may have been named L119A1 by the British Army). Where the confusion with the early M16's in the American Armed Forces is that the Air Force got the M16, while everyone else got the XM16E1, the only difference being the M16 didn't have the forward assist (they thought it wasn't worth the expense. I think it was $2-5 at the time for them). Also, IIRC, the Air Force got their hands on the M16s in 1963, and I don't think the Army got theirs until 1965. Also, I believe the C7 was developed in the mid 80's, about the same time as the M16A2.

No actually it's not. If it's a joke. The joke sucks. I'm sorry I'm not easily as amused on a childish level as you are at cartoons. I've grown more mature then that.

It's a MEME.

Chris Rock is actually VERY FUNNY. Again this is you telling people what is fact and what is not. You should really say...in my humble point of view. Again you're comment about I have no knowledge of weapons if equal to the Republicans Denying climate change. Just because you claim or deny it doesn't make it any more truth to it..

And what are Democrat generally associated with Liberals. By using your logic I could claim you have no clue on the poltical system or even how it works. However I am not as painfully ignorant as some people..cough..

Stop denying what he said. Accept that a Republican fierce defenders of the right to bear arms agreed-ed assault weapons ban was a good idea. Get over it.

Seriously. YOUR Point of View does not EQUAL to FACTS. You may have a point of view when you address it as the SOLE DECIDER that's my nick name I coined for you. When you speak it's as if you are speaking on behalf of everyone and you're not.
    It's a joke, sorry you can't step off your high horse and enjoy a joke every once and a while, just because you believe yourself to be mature, doesn't mean you are. Or do you wear the emporer's clothes?

It's not a meme, it's a political cartoon, this is the definition of meme.

meme
    [ meem ]

• cultural characteristic passed down generations: any characteristic of a culture, e.g. its language, that can be transmitted from one generation to the next in a way analogous to the transmission of genetic information

It's a political cartoon, not a meme. You're saying it's a meme so he can get an infraction.

Chris Rock has seriously lost his humor, and you're the one that's dictating that someone else's political cartoon is not a joke, and is incorrectly a meme.

Republicans denying Climate Change? Your analogies don't even relate to one another, it's obvious you don't have any firearms knowledge, for god's sake you thought a full-auto was better for long ranges.

Again, an analogy that makes no sense whatsoever, at least mine make sense and I make them simple, see? You just insulted me by calling me ignorant with your smug "..cough..".

It was one guy, who was wrong, if Bill Clinton (one of your favorites) said healthcare wasn't a right, or education wasn't a right, you'd call him wrong, I'm sure. You're obviously unable to see opinion from fact, just because it was his opinion that we don't need assault weapons, or assault rifles, or rifles, doesn't mean it's fact.

Your point of view definitely doesn't equate to facts, but you definitely assert that it does, you're appointing yourself as Queen of the debate and speaking on behalf of everyone, you're also hypocritical as hell.

Also you gave me a nickname? How childish.

You're not mature at all.

The irony you provide is delicious.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 10:22 PM ----------

I'm not denying reality that they could vote it does violate the right to bear arms. However we simply do not know. Anyone who claims to know is a liar. For longest time when Obama Care was being decided for months no one knew exactly which way it would go while people on TV predicted widely. I'm simply saying if they deem it usual and dangerous.

Like sawed off shot guns. Then a ban could take affect. Since that court is the highest in the land. Unless people would rather go through a bloody civil war dying in the streets all for the right to hold a certain type of weapon. I would say so be it and comfortably sit inside my house while a minority of gun fanatics scream in the street

(i.e. Alex Jones)

In fact words cannot do justice. Let me pull up the video so you know in detail the type of madness I'm talking about.

Alex Jones is seriously just a conspiracy theorist, I wouldn't necessarily throw away everything he says, but take it with tons of salt.

Also, let me show you Piers going off his rocker on someone more reasonable than Alex Jones.

You're again trying to shape your argument to be perceived as more acceptable by using a figurehead that you assume absolutely everyone endorses, and you try to demonize gun owners, and pro-gun advocates into this corner of insanity.

In Texas, when Concealed Carry was being suggested, a liberal senator claimed that if the bill passed, there would be wild west cowboy style shootings in the street.

Now unless I've been hit in the head with a bullet, and become an amnesiac, it hasn't happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I think I would save michal jordan's life. That guy was just such a great singer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't pay for food for anyone I'm not sleeping with and you shouldn't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarus View Post
    snip.
    Actually I was going to reply to you but it has virtually nothing to do with this thread at all. Just wanted to respond that unless it's directly on topic I will not respond. Thanks for the response though.

In any case. I respect a person's right to own a weapon. I think it saves lives when people are not able to walk in the street with this type of wepaon. (I.e. stand your ground laws) I think it's insane you are allowed to take this weapon outside of your House. If I had my way personally I would consider a ban to take the weapons into the street.

The wild west era left us a long long time ago. At least keep the weapon inside and if someone try's to break in. Shoot them point blank in the head and kill them. I have no problem with that at all. If all Gun Owners kept their weapon in a secure placed locked up tight. We wouldn't have this type of shootings. It's loopholes like gun show's that do not do background checks.

That allow these weapons which background checks sole purpose is to keep the weapon out of people that should not get it. That is effective and needs to stay in place.

Just curious, but why in the wide world of sports do you live in Texas of all places? Why not live in Europe?

Actually I was going to reply to you but it has virtually nothing to do with this thread at all. Just wanted to respond that unless it's directly on topic I will not respond. Thanks for the response though.

In any case. I respect a person's right to own a weapon. I think it saves lives when people are not able to walk in the street with this type of wepaon. (I.e. stand your ground laws) I think it's insane you are allowed to take this weapon outside of your House. If I had my way personally I would consider a ban to take the weapons into the street.

The wild west era left us a long long time ago. At least keep the weapon inside and if someone try's to break in. Shoot them point blank in the head and kill them. I have no problem with that at all. If all Gun Owners kept their weapon in a secure placed locked up tight. We wouldn't have this type of shootings. It's loopholes like gun show's that do not do background checks.

That allow these weapons which background checks sole purpose is to keep the weapon out of people that should not get it. That is effective and needs to stay in place.

That sounds moronic and I don't think you have any idea how hard a head shot is in the dark and while under stress. It take a lot of practice to get a 4" group for most people while punching paper.
    Last edited by Rocko9; 2013-02-02 at 04:26 AM.

You don't think people should be allowed to carry their self defense weapons around with them by choice? So all those women that have saved themselves from being rape by carrying a gun, who cares is what you are saying? Because of your own ridiculous fears of wild west shoot outs? How deluded are you?

Alright Queen FusedMass, I see, you've been proven wrong, so you deem it "off-topic" even though you've gone off-topic so many times, it's not even worth going back into the thread to find it anymore.

Do you have proof that guns from shootings came from the gun show loophole? If you don't, you're again, targeting something because it seems dangerous, but in reality, has no effect on anything whatsoever. Also, the LIBERAL SENATOR, claimed that it would be wild west shootouts, IT. DIDN'T. HAPPEN. Areas in Texas are actually safer to go to in public, since it's more likely a law-abiding citizen, who has been trained properly, will be armed and ready to combat a threatening situation. And no, I'm not talking about scary eye gestures or accidental brush-ups. Only you would think that.

You didn't even read everything I said, since you seem to think I promote the wild west shootouts that were claimed by the obviously wrong senator.

Law-Abiding Citizens who do take guns into the street, legally, don't harm anyone, they don't kill people, and it's not dangerous. Provide proof that is is dangerous, not just false-hypotheticals and straw mans.

Background checks are already mandated, and will probably never go away, why do you seem to think they don't exist/can be lied on?
    I think I would save michal jordan's life. That guy was just such a great singer

10+ Year Old Account
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9 View Post
    Just curious, but why in the wide world of sports do you live in Texas of all places? Why not live in Europe?
    I did not pick to live here by choice. My family almost all of them were in the Military. I moved around a ton. They settled in Texas and built their business. I decided to stay. Just because I do not agree with their laws (Not everyone in Texas is a gun touting Republican) does not void me from living there. Florida is a very diverse state for example and usually switches in the election from Republican to Democrat.

I always wanted to visit the UK thought, Canada and Europe. (Not live visit) Canada for example is much more welcoming and less hostile culture.

I did not pick to live here by choice. My family almost all of them were in the Military. I moved around a ton. They settled in Texas and built their business. I decided to stay. Just because I do not agree with their laws (Not everyone in Texas is a gun touting Republican) does not void me from living there. Florida is a very diverse state for example and usually switches in the election from Republican to Democrat.

I always wanted to visit the UK thought, Canada and Europe. (Not live visit) Canada for example is much more welcoming and less hostile culture.
    You always have to make this a republican thing don't you.

If you don't like the laws, and you're not the majority, and there's somewhere else that already caters to your needs. Please, for the sake of everyone who doesn't share your opinions, move.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 10:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You always have to make this a republican thing don't you.
    Seriously? Why is she grouping us all as Republicans, but she can be things like a liberal progressive neo-whatever.

What does being a "gun touting Republican" have anything to do with why you still live in Texas.

Just because I do not agree with their laws (Not everyone in Texas is a gun touting Republican) does not void me from living there.
    Well duh, I'm not ignorant to the fact that there are liberals all over the place. I've only live in Texas my entire life, but thanks for calling me stupid.

My point is, why don't you start your own life somewhere else where the people or more like you, given you are an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarus View Post
    If you don't like the laws, and you're not the majority, and there's somewhere else that already caters to your needs. Please, for the sake of everyone who doesn't share your opinions, move.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 10:34 PM ----------

Seriously? Why is she grouping us all as Republicans, but she can be things like a liberal progressive neo-whatever.

What does being a "gun touting Republican" have anything to do with why you still live in Texas.
    Its her pass aggressive way of ridiculing gun owners and republicans. She would likely be banned for straight up saying republicans are stupid, so she just says it with under tones and cute little italics.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did not pick to live here by choice.
    I decided to stay.
    Does not compute
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9 View Post
    Well duh, I'm not ignorant to the fact that there are liberals all over the place. I've only live in Texas my entire life, but thanks for calling me stupid.

My point is, why don't you start your own life somewhere else where the people or more like you, given you are an adult.
    That sounds like an excellent idea. In fact let's separate all Liberals to live in the North and all Republicans while we are at it. Just because I do not agree with some of the United States law's like the assault weapons does not mean I should re-locate outside my state or even outside the country. The supreme court is highest law in the land and till they explicitly say they will not ban this weapon.

Then it is up for debate. The great thing about America it's a very diverse background with cultures and different people from all over the world. We do not all share a similar view. Even the President of United States is arguing for common sense gun laws. Should he move to Kenya as many Republicans have suggested. That is an insult to the integrity of the President.

Though if you mean why do I stay in Texas. Why not. Are you suggesting a certain place inside the United States I should go. I always wanted to live in CA though. I live though in a very small town and I understand that this state is mostly republican. In fact in the elections Obama never even bothered to campaign here. I don't see the connection what I believe in should direct where I live to be honest.

Wait so we're really into "if you don't agree with us just get out"?

How American of us, truly.