Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    What the fuck? I remember back in second grade that most boys would all gather at the sand box and all fight. Winners would be those who could keep another pinned down for longer. This involved throwing, pushing, even hitting eachother and we had fun! We used to throw dirt at eachother pretending it was smoke grenades. WTF armerica?
    We still do that, haha. Not in a sand box of course. Wall on wall fist fighting - fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    How ridiculous... when I was his age we did the same thing as a group of like 20 of us and had guns and C4 explosives and machine guns and shit and everything. Definitely some pine cones thrown at each other as grenades too. I'm not a psychopathic killer and neither are any of the people I used to play that with... not yet at least.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i completely agree with this suspension. the kids need to learn to follow rules.
    Are you trolling? The rules at the school said "no weapons (real or play)".

A 9mm Glock is a "real" weapon.

A water pistol is a "play" weapon.

An imaginary grenade is neither. It doesn't even exist outside of this little boy's mind.

Maybe he was just throwing an imaginary water-filled balloon.

Deleted
    I used to play stick war with my friends when I was a kid. At one time i threw a stick on my brothers head so he started bleeding and had to go to the hospital. Another time my friend and my brother crushed 2 of my front teeths. It hurt like hell but I died a glorious death so I can't complain :P

The punishment imo is way to harsh. However I still think that the kids should be punished when they do something bad (obviously).
    Here in sweden for example it is more or less impossible to get suspended...
    Last edited by mmoca9bf05c4ed; 2013-02-07 at 06:00 PM.

When you restrict these kids so much that they can't have any fucking fun...... you just make them grow up to be fucked up and then they explode and cause massacres. I don't need scientific evidence I'm just goddamn right.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 12:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeth View Post
    hahahh epic win

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeth View Post
    I think they will still find it offensive, because a water-filled balloon may resemble a grenade by their logic, haha.

This type of thing has always been around but seems more prevalent now. When I was a kid I had a toy bow with no arrows and me with like 15 other neighborhood kids were playing cowboys and indians. I "shot" a kid who was a cowboy with my invisible arrow and he went home crying and his dad comes storming up screaming at me for shooting arrows at his precious baby boy. Ignore the fact that 14 other kids said I didn't have any arrows. My mom came out because she heard the yelling and "scolded" me to make him shut up until the door shut when we went inside and she started laughing about it and let me go out the back door and keep playing.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    This type of thing has always been around but seems more prevalent now. When I was a kid I had a toy bow with no arrows and me with like 15 other neighborhood kids were playing cowboys and indians. I "shot" a kid who was a cowboy with my invisible arrow and he went home crying and his dad comes storming up screaming at me for shooting arrows at his precious baby boy. Ignore the fact that 14 other kids said I didn't have any arrows. My mom came out because she heard the yelling and "scolded" me to make him shut up until the door shut when we went inside and she started laughing about it and let me go out the back door and keep playing.
    It's actually kinda sad when part of the society must bend over for the other part, just to escape conflict. Cases like that are ridiculous, and it's awesome that your mom understood you and the situation completely. Still, I see no reason for one part of the society to suffer because the other part is stupid.

Another case of "we must blame something".

They have to realize that this isn't going to solve the problem with violence.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I'm half convinced on a regular basis that the rediculous nannies in society are just trolling normal people to enrage us. There must be some sort of secret trolling lecture they give out to teachers when they're in school.

So glad I got out of public school before all the crazy stuff started happening. My little brother tells me its getting pretty awful tho.

Imagine the principal's face when kids are found playing "Cops and robbers"

Actual safety rules that have been thought through with common sense (see-through backpacks, metal detectors, etc) are good. "Zero tolerance" where kids get suspended for things like what happened in this article is beyond retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I hate the education system in the western world.

It is a place where stupid failures rule over small young people, and go on power trips. Some of our local schools were suspending girls who wear "seductive underwear".

Now, how would a teacher know, and why are they looking? How does the underwear someone is wearing impact their education? Schools are a shit hole!
    Are you advocating that teachers should be blind? If you "see" seductive underwear, then it is designed to be seen and I'm fairly sure is breaking school rules. Part of my job is to make sure nobody breaks school dress code.

I don't particularly like it or think it's fair though. When a girl wears something wrong I usually ask a female teacher to handle it though.

To the OP: I would need to know more about the child and their parents. As an isolated incident this is a pathetic joke, as a continuing behavioural attitude it makes more sense.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    I know a guy who's son got suspended for doing 'finger guns' at school. The world we live in today is just so sad...
    Suspension seems excessive. Perhaps confiscation would've been a better punishment. I sure he wouldn't mind giving his school the finger. (badum-tisch)

Still not something that should be encouraged. o_O

I suppose they still overreacted, a stern talking to and maybe a detention at most would be plenty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Are you advocating that teachers should be blind? If you "see" seductive underwear, then it is designed to be seen and I'm fairly sure is breaking school rules. Part of my job is to make sure nobody breaks school dress code.

I don't particularly like it or think it's fair though. When a girl wears something wrong I usually ask a female teacher to handle it though.

To the OP: I would need to know more about the child and their parents. As an isolated incident this is a pathetic joke, as a continuing behavioural attitude it makes more sense.
    Dress codes only exist to suppress individuality. What someone wears is the responsibility of that person and their parents. There's obviously offensive things that make more sense (shirts with curse words or other things that distract other students), but on the general, there's no real reason to require dress codes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Dress codes only exist to suppress individuality. What someone wears is the responsibility of that person and their parents. There's obviously offensive things that make more sense (shirts with curse words or other things that distract other students), but on the general, there's no real reason to require dress codes.
    You just gave a very good reason for a dress code. If a teenage girl is wearing promiscuous clothing, it's a distraction. A kid wearing his jeans slung low is a distraction. Gang signs are a REAL distraction, and that includes certain types of outfit.

Dress codes are usually entirely practical and sensical. I prefer school uniforms though.

My kids are individuals because of their personalities, their hopes, their fears, their dreams, their goals, their attitude, the ways they learn and what kind of activities they like doing - not what they wear.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    These zero tolerance laws are fucking stupid.

Seriously, have some common sense. The kid didn't throw any physical object, just like making a gun with my hand isn't an actual fucking gun. The kid should be allowed back in school and the administrators should be fired for being retarded.
    Putin khuliyo