Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Avoidance is not hate. I can make new friends quite easily if I feel the need to but I'm happy with the friend circle I have.
    Some people will never understand this. For some people friends are like pokemon cards and you have to catch 'em all. I like people, people like me, I've never had any issues making friends and never had any shortage of them, except for one point during my teen years when I admittedly wasn't a very pleasant person to be around. That said, I prefer to keep my circle of friends pretty small. I've got a handful of friends and a bunch of people that I sort of know and could be friends with if I wanted to, and I like to keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    As you are distorting facts.
    How many times can a person die again?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    The problem is that you're doing nothing but posting assumptions about other people, distorting facts, and ironically whining about hypocrisy.
    You do know this whole thread is based on assumptions, right? She assumes she is going to get raped and she doesn't wanna go out at night. Which is fine and I really hope she doesn't, but extremely unlikely.

Avoidance is not hate. I can make new friends quite easily if I feel the need to but I'm happy with the friend circle I have.

Pretty sure he won't become abusive.
    So "he won't" became "pretty sure". Guess you're taking a risk now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DietzThought View Post
    You are quite right to be cautious about this, since it is well known that almost everyone from Iraq is evil and wants to kill everyone who doesn't share his beliefs. There is indeed a way to do a free background check, you should go to the local authorities and report him for suspicous activities. They will interrogate him for a few weeks and maybe turn him over to the Americans who will keep him imprisoned for some years without any reason. And then when he eventually gets out, of course without any compensation, because even if they can't prove it, he probably was at least going to be up to something at some point, then you are quite safe to be friends with him.
    I hope that was a joke, and if so, that was a funny one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    You do know this whole thread is based on assumptions, right? She assumes she is going to get raped and she doesn't wanna go out at night. Which is fine and I really hope she doesn't, but extremely unlikely.
    What? I go out at nights, I just avoid people.

So "he won't" became "pretty sure". Guess you're taking a risk now.
    No risks. I know him better than my family.

How many times can a person die again?
    Quantum mechanics say that a person never dies.

http://www.damninteresting.com/quant...d-immortality/

Some "facts" for you.

Deleted
    wouldnt bother me if i got chatted up by a paki i'd be on it...

Quantum mechanics say that a person never dies.
    Talk about moving goalposts. This is the furthest move I've ever seen.

PS: Learn the scientific method before you post about science please. That hypothesis has never even been tested.

Avoid people? Clearly paranoid. You need help. I feel sorry for any person who is afraid of strangers.

Deleted
    Avoid people? Clearly paranoid. You need help. I feel sorry for any person who is afraid of strangers.
    How many times do I have to say it? It's not paranoia, it's wanting to keep safe.

15+ Year Old Account

Well I hope so, but can I have the lottery numbers? Cause I need some moolah.

How many times do I have to say it? It's not paranoia, it's wanting to keep safe.

Wanting to keep safe by locking yourself up. Thats paranoia if you think something bad is going to happen.

Paranoia [ˌpærəˈnɔɪ.ə] (adjective: paranoid [ˈpærə.nɔɪd]) is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself. (e.g. "Everyone is out to get me.") Making false accusations and the general distrust of others also frequently accompany paranoia. For example, an incident most people would view as an accident or coincidence, a paranoid person might believe was intentional.

Thats the definition, your paranoid.

End of discussion.

Deleted
    Wanting to keep safe by locking yourself up. Thats paranoia if you think something bad is going to happen.
    I'm not locking myself up.

Paranoia [ˌpærəˈnɔɪ.ə] (adjective: paranoid [ˈpærə.nɔɪd]) is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself. (e.g. "Everyone is out to get me.") Making false accusations and the general distrust of others also frequently accompany paranoia. For example, an incident most people would view as an accident or coincidence, a paranoid person might believe was intentional.

Thats the definition, your paranoid.

End of discussion.
    If you could actually read your own definition, you'd actually see that's not Tiili.

I'm not locking myself up.
    Why not? You want to be safe don't you?

Your thought process is totally irrational.

You don't know if he'll snap one day. It has happened to countless girls; more so than being raped. This is hypocrisy at its finest.
    The rapes that we commonly came to associate with "rape" - by a stranger in a dark alleyway are very few and far between. Most rapes are "date rapes" or "stat rapes" these days, which by definition mean they happened between people who know each other at least a little bit. I'd be interested to see the rape statistic specifically for "boyfriends", which I think would be a lot lower.

To the op: not that I am surprised at the current generation of email babies, but an adult man, coming from Iraq, of all places, might not be accustomed to the Western culture of using emails as a first-contact exchange. Most of the people in their 40ies today, even in the Western world, are much more likely to ask for a phone # than email simply because that's how you keep in touch with people (or that's how you kept in touch with people a decade ago, anyway).

And when you really think about it: is it really any safer to give a person your FB account or your email than it is to give them your cell #? Theres all kinds of shit that a dedicated person can dig up on you with your full first and last name (FB account) or your email name.
    Last edited by Ashnazg; 2013-02-09 at 04:46 AM.

If you could actually read your own definition, you'd actually see that's not Tiili.
    If you read it

Making false accusations and the general distrust of others also frequently accompany paranoia.

Its right there. In plain English.

I'd rather be dead than get raped. And I don't drive a car, my boyfriend does. He drives safely.

Pretty arrogant and egotistical to assume your rape-able. But guess it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    The rapes that we commonly came to associate with "rape" - by a stranger in a dark alleyway are very few and far between. Most rapes are "date rapes" or "stat rapes" these days, which by definition mean they happened between people who know each other at least a little bit. I'd be interested to see the rape statistic specifically for "boyfriends", which I think would be a lot lower.
    76% as seen in a link I posted a couple of pages back.

If you read it

Making false accusations and the general distrust of others also frequently accompany paranoia.

Its right there. In plain English.
    I bolded the important part to help you.