Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    If you're not trying to paint your side in the most favorable light possible, you would see that T11 was 6 months for 12 bosses.
    So lets take T11 then ... we are still WAY faster than that. That is my point, sudden and significant changes will always generate issues. That is why this will generate issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    If you're not trying to paint your side in the most favorable light possible, you would see that T11 was 6 months for 12 bosses. But you chose DS because it lasted 10 months, and had 8 bosses. So that it can make your point look even more valid.
    I would also like to add that people really complained about Firelands being delayed so much (remember that infamous 4.1 patch? thats when Firelands should come in)

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    Ok....and you clearly see what they've done to the ever-so-low numbers, right? nothing. Except fix excessive grindy stuff that should've been in at the beginning, you even saw them post saying they liked the current numbers a month or so ago, thus delaying the debuff until next tier. Clearly overtuned.
    It is obviously overtuned for many normal mode raiding guilds. Their poor progression is all the evidence you need for that. You're just saying this is the devs intention, which I was not arguing otherwise.

Whether they (or you) will like the ultimate consequences of that intention, we will see. Let's see how they react if normal mode participation craters in T15.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    people got used to idea they are able to clear everything in given tier. well bad news guys, there are no flat percentage nerfs this time around it's going back to old ways of doing tiers with normal raids being somehow hard (thats why we even have FoS this time around)
    Really? As far as I could see, the nerfs came from being able to upgrade the ilvl of your gear. Weapons give the largest gains of any item. Get a heroic weapon, upgrade it twice, grats it's now on par or better than the original intended BiS. Glad we didn't have nerfs...

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Whether they (or you) will like the ultimate consequences of that intention, we will see. Let's see how they react if normal mode participation craters in T15.
    They'll react as they always do. "We weren't wrong guys, but for a change of pace, have some epic ilvl 530 dungeon gear, also when you fight this boss each player will have an action button on their bars they can use once, that will remove 10%/4% of his health."
    Last edited by Ryve; 2013-02-11 at 11:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    Really nice blizzard ignores the casual "screams necks" for once. Hopefully it signals a new stragedy from blizzard moving away from the casual bendover thats killing the game at a relatively fast pace.
    I have to agree. Though they aren't going to ignore everything, one thing they are realizing is that bowing to every "demand" does nothing but hurt the game. They are picking and choosing their battles now which is good. They are realizing that people will never stop bitching. Never. And that people will always find something wrong. When one thing is "fixed" another arises. It becomes less about playing the game, and more about trying to find things that are wrong as an outlet for frustration.

Blizzard learned from the ICC/DS mistakes. You can't go that long without new content and expect people to be happy. So it is better to release content faster than not. People can always go back and finish previous tiers if it means that much to them.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    Really nice blizzard ignores the casual "screams necks" for once. Hopefully it signals a new stragedy from blizzard moving away from the casual bendover thats killing the game at a relatively fast pace.
    They pretty much ignored the screams in T11 too. This did not end well for them.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    I would also like to add that people really complained about Firelands being delayed so much (remember that infamous 4.1 patch? thats when Firelands should come in)
    Ah. Yep, you're right. More proof that people will never be happy. Putting new content in a timely manner is most always a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    UPDATE:Blizzard Confirms QQ'ers have won. 5.2 will be Released at end of March.

....Do you expect whining to give these kind of results?
    Where did you see that, I can't find anything to prove that.

It is obviously overtuned for many normal mode raiding guilds. Their poor progression is all the evidence you need for that. You're just saying this is the devs intention, which I was not arguing otherwise.

I think LFR was the cause, not the difficulty.

I cleared all normal and it's not really more difficult than T11 or FL normal, and we don't have super cockblock bosses like Lich King or Nefarian in normal..

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- Blizz could send every subscriber a check for $100 and people would complain that it wasn't $150
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Is it a case of the content being overtuned or are people seeing it via LFR and simply not bothering with it on a harder difficulty?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again -- Blizz could send every subscriber a check for $100 and people would complain that it wasn't $150
    Can I borrow this for my sig? Awesome.

i'm all for getting content out sooner, but to me it just seems like they're rushing the ptr..... didn't they just say they haven't even done a numbers pass on pve damage yet? do you really think bliz can fix numbers for all the classes, plus fix whatever bugs get found in the ptr for the raid, in 2 weeks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    the problem may be is that if they push this out to soon it will be and we have 5 monthes per raid before new stuff is that that mean that the end of year will be the end of this expansion.....
    That's for a 3 raid tier expansion... WotLK style expansion (4 tier) would last 21+ months, which is kinda reasonable especially since other tiers might take the whole 6 months... On the other hand, patch number 5.7 sounds really weird, we're getting to numbers we haven't seen since vanilla :-)

there is a difference between early and not ready, in this case its not ready

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Is it a case of the content being overtuned or are people seeing it via LFR and simply not bothering with it on a harder difficulty?
    Both, I think. LFR certainly makes it easier to walk away from normal mode content that one isn't find fun.

not even 1% of guild have cleared heroic sha of fear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    there is a difference between early and not ready, in this case its not ready
    How do you know? Because they know alot more about if it's ready or not than you do.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 11:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbynator View Post
    not even 1% of guild have cleared heroic sha of fear
    5.2 could be pushed till June and that percentage wouldn't go up by much.

I think Bart Simpson said it best: You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.

I can understand for people that want to get in some feats under the gun but odds are if you can't get it in the next two weeks, an extra week or two won't make much of a difference.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If 5.2 is released at the end of Feb, the 5.0 raids have been out for 5 months.

I don't know how someone can take that, and with a straight face, claim 1 month was eaten up in leveling and 2 months were eaten up in vacation. And since they didn't have enough time with only the remaining 2 out of 5 months, they honestly feel everything should be held up because of their personal situation.

But, I saw just that a page or two ago. Wow.

If you are still progressing after 5 months, then, while you might not like hearing it, you're not as good as you think you are and no one outside of you and your guild cares about World 401st or whatever, nor your FoS. Sorry.

But, if your heroic progression and the sense of pride in clearing it as originally intended is really that important to you, you can still progress on those unfinished bosses before moving on to the new raid. It's what guilds did back in BC when some were still stuck in Kara while other guilds were in the T5/T6 raids. (You know, BC, the "Golden Age" of WoW. )

And if not, then as someone else already put it, this is just a case of "Woah, my guild still hasn't cleared it! Too fast! [A month later] Okay, we cleared it, so now anyone else that is still asking for more time needs to just L2P. Bring on the new raid!"