Poll: Which reptilian race would you like to see become playable?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If Blizzard makes Drakonids a playable race I will race-change a good 80% of my characters to them. Hell, I'll even level a new one just to see their starting area.

Saurok. Too many damn dragons as is, and I prefer that Naga remain pure villains.

Plus, with the precedent set by the Pandaren, you can just say any playable Saurok are mercenaries hired by the Horde/Alliance. I could easily see various Saurok tribes being impressed by the activity in Kasarang Wilds and seeking to exploit these powerful and wealthy outsiders.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Drakonids, dragonspawn, naga, whatever Maloriak is.

Saurok would be pretty cool to have, although I'd love to have playable drakonids. ;D
    Saurok, Drakonids and Naga would all work as reptilian player races.

The main problem would be with the naga and their ability to ride. Not insurmountable though.

The Saurok skeleton is not an issue; not since Blizzard got rid of the Silhouette system. It'd be interesting to see the debate on who got which race. The Saurok would fit fairly well into the Horde I feel, though they'd need some work. Most Drakonids would work best with the Alliance, but they'd likely be a popular choice and Blizzard could, I suppose create a story for why the Horde had them (at least, the non-Greens, Reds and Blues)

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Reptilian race? Meh, what I want to see is our first non-bipedal races.

Centaur (Horde) and Dryad (Alliance) ideally.
    blizzard said a while back (i think it was one of those dev q&as or maybe it was the lore panel at a blizzcon) that they will never add a race with more than 2 legs because of gear and mounting issues.

so that means a race would have to have 2 or less legs
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    blizzard said a while back (i think it was one of those dev q&as or maybe it was the lore panel at a blizzcon) that they will never add a race with more than 2 legs because of gear and mounting issues.

so that means a race would have to have 2 or less legs
    I would be very surprised if they actually used the word "never."

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I'd like to see Drakonid. The giant, two legged ones, not the quadrupedal ones.

Saurok are interesting, but they're too mindless and marauding to make a good race... there are only a handful of them that aren't abjectly bloodthirsty savages.

Honestly, I never got the fascination with Naga. Rather glaringly, they don't have feet or legs (no pants, no boots,) and all female Naga have four arms, while males have two, therefore complicating things further (quad wielding for females only?.) Mounting up would be incredibly troublesome; they'd have to "drape" themselves over their mount... can you imagine a Naga on a mechanostrider? And you thought Tauren on hawkstriders looked silly...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I would be very surprised if they actually used the word "never."
    It wouldn't surprise me that much. Though they should have learnt by now NOT to use such words as "never", it's all too easy to use such words if you forget how literally and out of context players sometimes take things.

EJL

I really don't like any of those choices. For some reason I love the Tauren, Worgen, and Pandarens. Fur > Scales

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Reptilian race? Meh, what I want to see is our first non-bipedal races.

Centaur (Horde) and Dryad (Alliance) ideally.
    Having Centaur in the Horde wouldn't make much sense, they're closer to the night elves now that they're united by virtue of putting value in being 'the sons of cenarius' (though they're more like great nephews.)

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 05:21 PM ----------

Dragonkin/spawn/drakonid/dragon-people would fit the Alliance since

Greens like nelfs

reds like humans and wildhammer dwarves and high elves

blues are likely pissed at the Horde over stealing the focusing iris
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Having Centaur in the Horde wouldn't make much sense, they're closer to the night elves now that they're united by virtue of putting value in being 'the sons of cenarius' (though they're more like great nephews.)
    That, and the centaur almost drove the tauren to extinction...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Ok, let me get you all of Saurok and Naga and Dragonfolks and w/e: we NEED a neutral Turtle Race. Yes we do, don't even deny it. They cover the reptilian part, but also can be semi cute for the lady models (speaking of which what would lady saurok look like/ are there any, since the mogu just kinda poof 'em out) Racial Ability: Shell Defense: Dmg Reduction.

Mounts: Pangolin

Classes: Hunters, Monks, Shaman, Warrior, Rogue

Level of awesomeness: >9000
    Last edited by ShadowJester; 2013-02-18 at 11:51 PM. Reason: neaterness

15+ Year Old Account
    I've always thought draknoid, dragonkin, whatever you what to call them, would be a good new race. As far as I understand a Dragonkin is basically a race that has been elevated somehow and they become a dragonkin...so I think it would be quite easy to work them into the lore somehow.

I like the Trandoshan race personally. Lots of rich lore to draw from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would love to play a naga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Murloc not in the poll. Disappointed.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

10+ Year Old Account
    Naga. Straight up.

quad wielding with female? sure, but it would still be duel wielding, ie mh is duplicated graphically to the second hand, same with the oh.

plus, lorically, they are the spellcasters/hunters.
    the duel wielding monsters are the males.

How would they survive in Northrend, lol.

But seriously, I would love to play Saurok.

As a huge fan of Lizardmen from Warhammer and as someone who wants to play tribal/jungle/voodoo but absolutely hates troll models, they would be a most welcome choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Murloc not in the poll. Disappointed.
    Murlocs are not reptilian though. While scaley and cute, they're much more frog and fish-like.

I've always thought draknoid, dragonkin, whatever you what to call them, would be a good new race. As far as I understand a Dragonkin is basically a race that has been elevated somehow and they become a dragonkin...so I think it would be quite easy to work them into the lore somehow.
    Definitely an easy race to tie into lore. Especially with the direction the Wrathion storyline is going...

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    None - I hate lizards.
    yez me too

Deleted
    None, or something new and keeewl.