Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Only acceptable "outfit" for a man

- combat/jungle boots
    - tactical pants
    - polo shit
    - tactical vest
    - water resistant jacket/fleece as needed

Anything involving "style" and you might as well just pick up some vagisil and pantyhose on your way home, you dainty little flower you.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 09:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Damn dude you proclaim to be a man but open a thread like this?
    Most men are actually satisfied if they are wearing something, not caring about what it is.

A girl that picks you because of your style can fuck off.
    ^ Seconded

10+ Year Old Account
    Being winter I mostly wear flannels with a black under shirt, jeans, and black shoes. I prefer black and shades of blue so I stick to that color scheme mainly.

Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    This. I prefer grey personally.
    http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/EWEnS...5bnOhZHi/Sting

Sting´s personality would let him shine even in Bieber´s clothes, but this suit definately rocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I need new shoes for my upcoming Australia/New Zealand trip. All I have at home right now are dress shoes, running shoes, clogs, and flip flips. The flip flops are great for lounging about, but if I'm going to be doing any serious walking, they suck ass, and I expect to do some real walking in Auckland, Christchurch, and Sydney. What the hell does a guy wear with shorts that looks good but is still good for walking these days? I've been told by the fashion police never to wear my running shoes unless I'm running.

A separate fashion policewoman told me never ever to wear white socks again unless I'm actively engaged in an athletic activity. I grew up always wearing white socks with jeans, so this was news to me, but I looked it up, and apparently it's a real fashion rule.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2013-02-20 at 02:54 PM.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Anything involving "style" and you might as well just pick up some vagisil and pantyhose on your way home, you dainty little flower you.
    Because taking pride in your appearance makes you any less of a man, am I right?

You yourself have taken a shine to a certain type of style, therefore contradicting your idea. If you were a "man", you should be walking out in a loincloth.

Primitive gender stereotypical views of what a "man" is and what isn't are outdated. Get with the times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Populaire View Post
    Because taking pride in your appearance makes you any less of a man, am I right?

You yourself have taken a shine to a certain type of style, therefore contradicting your idea. If you were a "man", you should be walking out in a loincloth.

Primitive gender stereotypical views of what a "man" is and what isn't are outdated. Get with the times.
    I love you. Now we go make snoo snoo in front of fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I think I need new shoes for my upcoming Australia/New Zealand trip. All I have at home right now are dress shoes, running shoes, clogs, and flip flips. The flip flops are great for lounging about, but if I'm going to be doing any serious walking, they suck ass, and I expect to do some real walking in Auckland, Christchurch, and Sydney. What the hell does a guy wear with shorts that looks good but is still good for walking these days? I've been told by the fashion police never to wear my running shoes unless I'm running.

A separate fashion policewoman told me never ever to wear white socks again unless I'm actively engaged in an athletic activity. I grew up always wearing white socks with jeans, so this was news to me, but I looked it up, and apparently it's a real fashion rule.
    With shorts I usually wear sandals or trainers, I have a pair of these:

I have several similar pairs of shoes, Puma's and Lacoste etc. They're great for walking and they look good with almost everything. They're my everyday shoes for all seasons except winter.

10+ Year Old Account
    for what i wear i usually wear nike's/adidas. honestly i'll wear anything as long as its under 60$. i buy that which is somewhat cheap and will last 2 years or longer not counting feet growing and all that. although im at the age where your body pretty much has stopped growing.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I used to wear jeans, button down shirts, with casual sneakers or shoes. Then I went to cords. with casual sneakers with shirts and sweater vests, not I am mostly wearing button down shirts, dress shoes, and slacks. 1) Slacks are just crazy comfy + they make me look like I am more professional, while if I just wore a sweater vest and shirt with it, it brings down the dress look so I look more casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    That all sounds very "made of money."
    I'm not rich, mate. Not at all. I simply understand a simple logic: Either buy cheap (In price AND quality) products often, OR buy expensive and high quality products less often. On the long run, the expense is similar, or in fact, higher for the cheaper.

As an example: Hush Puppies are, while a strong "name" in the market, quite horrible in quality. On the other hand, New Rock shoes (Mostly alternative boots, tho very stylish designs are available), while quite expensive in comparison and almost unknown to most shoppers, are great quality... And last longer than expected even from daily-use boots/shoes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    I'm not rich, mate. Not at all. I simply understand a simple logic: Either buy cheap (In price AND quality) products often, OR buy expensive and high quality products less often. On the long run, the expense is similar, or in fact, higher for the cheaper.

As an example: Hush Puppies are, while a strong "name" in the market, quite horrible in quality. On the other hand, New Rock shoes (Mostly alternative boots, tho very stylish designs are available), while quite expensive in comparison and almost unknown to most shoppers, are great quality... And last longer than expected even from daily-use boots/shoes.
    My experience has always been with shoes that even when I buy the more expensive brands, they last the exact same amount of time as the less expensive brands. I'm buying the name or the style, not the quality. There are definitely cheap-o crap brands that don't last at all, but once you get past those, everything else seems to last the same amount of time. But then, I also wear through the ball of an insole in about 6 weeks on average.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Only acceptable "outfit" for a man

- combat/jungle boots
    - tactical pants
    - polo shit
    - tactical vest
    - water resistant jacket/fleece as needed

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 09:10 AM ----------

^ Seconded
    I knew we'd get more and more troglodyte posts.

You can happily dress as much of an atavist as you like, no one will stop you.

However, that doesn't mean that a man that cares about not looking like a slob or a street youth is less masculine.

John Hamm, who plays Don Draper in Mad Men, exudes more confidence and masculinity in style and the way he carries himself than anything you wear, I would safely bet. Then again, a man with his style can also AFFORD quality, stylish clothes. That's probably not the case with you. In which case you should wear whatever you can afford.

You're free to dress like a boy, but don't interrupt the men from talking about all the options available to men.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatbeaverlol View Post
    V-neck T shirt or something else that shows my muscles
    Douchebag alert !
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Damn dude you proclaim to be a man but open a thread like this?
    Most men are actually satisfied if they are wearing something, not caring about what it is.

A girl that picks you because of your style can fuck off.
    Actually, in many species, the male is the peacock who uses style to showcase his prowess, in addition to physique.

And you would be surprised the women you can attract with the proper mindset, attitude, dress, and yes, job. You may be happy with whatever woman you can get, and more power to you. But some of us do like to go for the best. And that requires looking like more than the boy down the block during proper occasions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post

However, that doesn't mean that a man that cares about not looking like a slob or a street youth is less masculine.

John Hamm, who plays Don Draper in Mad Men, exudes more confidence and masculinity in style and the way he carries himself than anything you wear, I would safely bet. Then again, a man with his style can also AFFORD quality, stylish clothes. That's probably not the case with you. In which case you should wear whatever you can afford.

You're free to dress like a boy, but don't interrupt the men from talking about all the options available to men.
    Skinny ties make me vomit a bit in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post

In my line of work, your appearance means nothing. Your attire does however determine how likely you are to be seen and shot at, how much ammo you can carry, how likely you are to get blisters from humping up a mountain for 10 hours, how likely you are to lose the skin on your shoulders from the 50 pound pack rubbing it off, how quickly you dry out after running across a river so as not to freeze when the sun goes down, etc, so you'll forgive me if I am not sympathetic to trivial matters like how much "product" you have in your hair or whether your belt matches your shoes.

Feel free to continue to make more false assumptions though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsz View Post
    Not a fan of the fat toe and lack of detail, but good for the price. I like a little more style~

Got exactly those except darker brown. Amazing to walk on, and surprisingly durable even in harsh finnish weather.

In my line of work, your appearance means nothing. Your attire does however determine how likely you are to be seen and shot at, how much ammo you can carry, how likely you are to get blisters from humping up a mountain for 10 hours, how likely you are to lose the skin on your shoulders from the 50 pound pack rubbing it off, how quickly you dry out after running across a river so as not to freeze when the sun goes down, etc, so you'll forgive me if I am not sympathetic to trivial matters like how much "product" you have in your hair or whether your belt matches your shoes.

Feel free to continue to make more false assumptions though.
    I forgot, half of men online are soldiers, commandos, hunters, lumberjacks, SAS, or Navy SEALs.

Also, it's highly amusing, and ironic, you speak of assumptions considering your comment about lube and such:

How funny you cry about making false assumptions when your post reeks of them.

You can be angry and bitter that other men chose to be educated and actually successful in their lives, that doesn't make them less male than you. In fact, it makes you a hypocrite.

When did a lack of success and ambition become considered masculine?
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2013-02-20 at 11:25 PM.

My most recent shoe purchase.

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/p...ND%3DSalvatore Ferragamo%26spp%3D9%26ppp%3D96%26sp%3D1%26rid%3D81

Got them for below $160 so I simply couldn't resist, I may actually sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    My most recent shoe purchase.

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/p...ND%3DSalvatore Ferragamo%26spp%3D9%26ppp%3D96%26sp%3D1%26rid%3D81

Got them for below $160 so I simply couldn't resist, I may actually sell them.
    Below $160? Wow, great deal. Was it a shop or an online retailer?